Having groubles with fire mage rotation

Reading the guide stickied, it says to use Inferno blast only if heating up is procced. Problem is that means I always have a 1 second delay after I cast fireball to see if heating up procs or not. If I don't delay, then I end up casting another fireball which has the chance of not critting and canceling heating up...

Am I supposed to cast inferno blast on cd or only after heating up procs? Because casting only after heating up procs is very frustrating

7+ Year Old Account
    FB has a travel time, what's the issue?

You always have time to cast IB while you have fireball in the air if you get HU on first fireball.
    Last edited by Swoon; 2015-03-30 at 01:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HappyLuckBox View Post
    Reading the guide stickied, it says to use Inferno blast only if heating up is procced. Problem is that means I always have a 1 second delay after I cast fireball to see if heating up procs or not. If I don't delay, then I end up casting another fireball which has the chance of not critting and canceling heating up...

Am I supposed to cast inferno blast on cd or only after heating up procs? Because casting only after heating up procs is very frustrating
    I think you have this wrong. My understanding is that you spam IB after you have a heating up proc and another FB is in the air, but not a PB. Here is the sequence as I understand: cast FB, while it flies cast FB again, 1st FB lands and procs HU, cast IB after FB 2. The HU will be upgraded to PB before FB 2 hits and FB 2 might proc HU..now you are set to start the PB consumption/FB rotation.

Deleted
    Just watch fire mage PoV on some boss and you'll understand what to do. It's much easier to learn while seeing it from the video than read it.