Skyreach Gold as BrM

How do I deal with these birds? What a nightmare. Every guide I've found says "have your DK use army".

We have BrM, Disc, BM Hunter, Combat Rogue, and Frost Mage.

With a little luck and both my stun and the hunters we can kill the first group. Then we kill the third since stuns aren't back up. Then we kill the other group.

Still, I die in like 2 seconds. What's the best way to handle these?

Deleted
    Do you mean the packs at the beginning on the way to the first boss? Just do them slowly one pack at a time. Make sure you use cooldowns if you're having trouble surviving, no point dying with cooldowns up. So use smokebomb/priest bubble/pain sup etc. That is the most annoying part of the dungeon IMO, make sure you guys prepot and nuke them down asap.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're talking about the trash before Rukhmar there are a lot of birds in Skyreach
    Before you start the CM replace a glyph you won't need with Leer of the Ox that will take ~150k damage off you and reduce the amount of sunder stacks you get. Like the other guy said get some cooldowns rolling and always remember to pick up your Gift of the Ox procs
    Last edited by Odobisean; 2015-03-30 at 04:56 PM.

Yeah the Ruhkmar ones, sorry. How does leer help? Doesn't seem like much when I get slaughtered in less than a second.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaru View Post
    Yeah the Ruhkmar ones, sorry. How does leer help? Doesn't seem like much when I get slaughtered in less than a second.
    You get slaughtered because they stack a debuff every AA that makes you take more and more damage. Taking hits off you in any form (stuns, forcing them to attack "pets", etc) reduces the amount of stacks you get, so you take less damage from them forever.

10+ Year Old Account
    My group's DK doesn't use Army here. Instead, we open with chain stuns, and then tank proceeds to kite it.

While our monk didn't go brewmaster, I imagine Leer of the Ox would help, as well weaving Dizzying Haze and Keg Smash while letting the dps blow up the birds.
    As you seem to have a combat rogue though, be careful when the mage decides to Ice Nova as if the tank is kiting the birds, the rogue may explode in a feathery fashion due to the utilised roots, but I digress at this point :P

Prepot, throw your statue in the middle of the first two groups, roll in.
    When everything is on your statue, Leg Sweep and have your rogue blow KS/mage blow crystal and orb/Hunter blow BW. When Leg Sweep is about to end have your hunter binding shot on top of the group (they should all be on your statue stunned in a nice little group). Pop Fort Brew and Pain Sup here and when they're about to expire stop dpsing and roll out so all the mobs will follow you/the other dps and get stunned by binding. From here its on your mage and hunter to finish them while you kite them back a bit with Dizzying Haze and Ice Trap. Its really just a matter of getting them grouped initially so your stun chain can be effective.
    It's not as simple as the "Army > pull all three packs > laugh" method you get with a DK but it works just fine.

It might also be a smart idea to take Chi brew and Pop both stacks on the boss prior to that point. You should have at least one back up by that point and you can save your EB stacks. This will slow the stacking from the auto attacks. Make sure to wait until EB is down before you stun. A lot of Brewmaster Monks, and tanks in general, tend to use stuns at the beginning of a pull. It's better to use the stun once you take a bit of damage, that way your healer can catch up and you can get everyone ready to kite them if they need to.