Deleted

Natures Guardian question

Hey there.

I´m a bit uncertain if Natures Guardian is a good choice for raiding over, for instance, Astral Shift

"Attacks that bring your health below 30% increase your maximum health by 25% for 10 sec, and reduce your threat toward the attacker. Cannot occur more than once every 30 sec."

As i understand it, you get more HP once you go below 30% HP but wouldn´t that be a bad thing since you now have to receive even more healing to get back up to full health again?

Preists for instance, get a shield as a passive that helps you not dying for a moment. Am i missing something with Natures Guardian?

Quote Originally Posted by Dude From Denmark View Post
    As i understand it, you get more HP once you go below 30% HP but wouldn´t that be a bad thing since you now have to receive even more healing to get back up to full health again?
    Why does that matter? Even if you're being hit with attacks that do a fixed percentage of your total health, there's no disadvantage to having a larger health pool.
    Author, Hekili, a priority helper addon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dude From Denmark View Post
    Hey there.

I´m a bit uncertain if Natures Guardian is a good choice for raiding over, for instance, Astral Shift

"Attacks that bring your health below 30% increase your maximum health by 25% for 10 sec, and reduce your threat toward the attacker. Cannot occur more than once every 30 sec."

Preists for instance, get a shield as a passive that helps you not dying for a moment. Am i missing something with Natures Guardian?
    OK, say you have 100k health (easy number for math in my example...)
    If you take damage bringing you to, say, 20k health, nature's guardian procs...
    Once Nature's Guardian Procs, your total health goes up to 125k.
    At 20k health, which is 20% health, you instead are at 25k with Nature's Guardian.
    It's effectively giving you health instead of a shield. It's pretty weak in general, which is why Astral shift will almost always be better.

Just numbers...
    100,000/100,000 HP -----> 100%
    20,000/100,000 HP -----> 20%
    Guardian proc
    25,000/125,000 HP ----->20%

5k HP buffer (in the example)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nahmee View Post
    At 20k health, which is 20% health, you instead are at 25k with Nature's Guardian.
    It's effectively giving you health instead of a shield. It's pretty weak in general, which is why Astral shift will almost always be better.

Just numbers...
    Guardian proc

That was very understandable. Thanks

I'm pretty sure it increases both your current and maximum health, despite the vague tooltip. Basically an automatic 25% heal combined with a health buff. It's pretty useful.

Astral Shift is still better if you use it well, though. It can be used on predictable damage to mitigate considerably more than those 25%, and unlike Nature's Guardian it can be used to prevent a one-shot. Every fight has some predictable burst damage that it's really good for, but you have to actually click it at the right time. If you often forget to use Astral Shift or if you rarely get the timing right, Nature's Guardian is better.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Nature's Guardian is a very good talent (just like astral shift is). The power comes from its 30 second ICD and for some fights where there is constant, but heavy damage (as opposed to big hits), it really does shine. It was already explained above so I won't mention it again.

For instance, I plan on using it for mythic blackhand just because of how fast demolition spawns, the erratic damage of phase 2, and phase 3 impale dot (though it would be nice to have an astral shift for the initial hit, that's about it). Another fight you could see its potential is kromog due to the constant damage there as opposed to big spikes. when there are big spikes with planned damage, astral shift is generally nicer though. So plan to change it around accordingly. Honestly I probably could have used nature's guardian more considering there are not many 1 shot mechanics this tier (but rather a trickle of heavy damage over time) but astral works usually just as well for those situations.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nahmee View Post

Just numbers...
    Guardian proc

Natures gaurdian doesnt give 5khp with 100k hp
    It will gives 25k no matter what
    else its a very very sucky talent

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alltat View Post
    I'm pretty sure it increases both your current and maximum health, despite the vague tooltip. Basically an automatic 25% heal combined with a health buff. It's pretty useful.

Astral Shift is still better if you use it well, though. It can be used on predictable damage to mitigate considerably more than those 25%, and unlike Nature's Guardian it can be used to prevent a one-shot. Every fight has some predictable burst damage that it's really good for, but you have to actually click it at the right time. If you often forget to use Astral Shift or if you rarely get the timing right, Nature's Guardian is better.
    That´s actually one of the reasons i created this thread. I often forget to use it unless i know that some big damage is incomming that i just can´t heal myself out of.

If Nature´s Guardian increases my current health too, then it seems quite good

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrglanex View Post
    Natures gaurdian doesnt give 5khp with 100k hp
    It will gives 25k no matter what
    else its a very very sucky talent
    It goes up based on percentage. You don't gain the full amount of extra health gained, just the percentage.

It is a pretty terrible talent in general, in my opinion.

it's not really a good choice for PvE

the only time it will realistically save you is if you have a big damage over time effect on you and the extra health makes the difference between a heal landing and not landing. And while that might be the case on some fights (blackhand, mythic throgar, beastlord if you get speared I guess?), bulwark or astral shift would also save you and are useful in many more situations.