Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Several of my friends play seasonally so we play together. It's fun to gear up again and try out all the zany new seasonal builds. I'm probably going to reach a point where my non-seasonal paragon will get sufficiently high enough that I don't see the point in playing seasonal anymore, but I doubt that'll happen before the end of S4.

I'm mostly curious of how people can play Season with the extremely and absolutely restricting character count.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

10+ Year Old Account
    Quick paragon levels and more population for me.
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka

Deleted
    For me, its the "Ding Factor"
    On none seasonal, it takes longer for me to get a Ding! in the form of a Paragon point, and when I do get one it only adds small mount of power. Where as on Seasonal, I can get many dings and feel my character getting progressively more powerful.

oh and there are the seasonal legys too ofc.

I enjoy the fresh start and the item hunt again. Once you get so geared, your upgrades are like "Oh, this SoJ has 1% more elemental damage on it, sweet upgrade" and such. At the start of seasons, it's much more exciting to me when gearing up versus playing the non-season characters I have in mostly ancient gear.
    And I saw, and behold, a pale horse: and he that sat upon him, his name was Death; and Hades followed with him. And there was given unto them authority over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with famine, and with death, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    I'm mostly curious of how people can play Season with the extremely and absolutely restricting character count.
    delete old season toons. remove the items first and put them in stash/ salvage whatever. also remove follower items then plenty of space.

for me i love seasons. season 2 had Gungdo bracers which made EP monks extremely valuable in 4 player grifts (due to the spread) http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/1660...on-2-11-7-2014

for season 3 theres some new legendaries, but loads of other new stuff. i mean people can play boring as hell non season and ill be para 750. but theres no challenge, no fresh start. its pointless imo.

i always enjoy the climb to 70. and getting gear'd up again. its fun and exciting. lvling gems not so much but hey... o well. also my entire clan plays seasons, aside from a few people i dont bother talking to.. but hey nothings perfect.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jujudrood View Post
    Basically, if you want the pour in hours and search for the best items possible, seasons is where it's at.
    If you're like me, who only plays a few hours a week, if at all, then non-season is for you, because by the time you actually get any real power on your seasonal character, the season is over and it's merged to normal.
    This is the main distinction between the 2 from my point of view as well. I never manage to level a character beyond 200 Paragon in seasonal play because I don't have enough time to invest in it. So I've played S1 and S2 but I won't play S3. I have every toon at 70 now, and I'll pick one to maximize at my leisure.

Being a bit burned out with D3 currently, I will probably level to 70 just to finish the transmog set, then not bother with the game for a while.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, I personally only lvl to 70 once for the shinies. Diablo isn't quite at the point where I would want to invest a large amount of time into it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

It might entice people who haven't played for a while to give it a go again. I haven't played since the release of reaper of souls on PC. Beat the campaign...played for a few more months...got bored...but maybe I'll come back just to give seasonal play a go.

My personal goal this season would be to leave a mark on the ladder, because the seasonal ladder can be accessed even in 10 years from now (i hope, since you can check the previous season standings).

Oh I don't know, the fun of gearing up new chars from scratch again, with everybody starting at the same point?

You don't play standard league when new the ladder is reset. That's THE unwritten rule of ARPGs. You just don't play standard league...

I know Blizzard hid it extremely well, but the char selection screen actually has a delete-button.
    Last edited by ThrashMetalFtw; 2015-04-14 at 11:23 PM.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

Deleted
    I like to challenge myself to get higher greater rifts, both as solo and with the other people I play with. I use seasons to compare my progression with myself and the previous season, that's all really.

7+ Year Old Account
    A season is a new rank that's all ^^ so if you already have all classes and are not interested to rank or begin from scratch again, there is no point for you to play season
    Armory : DiabloIII - WoW

Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post

I know Blizzard hid it extremely well, but the char selection screen actually has a delete-button.
    The character limit is still dumb.

OT: To start over and try the new fancy sets before they're on the "normal" servers. I really don't like levelling to 70(because you don't have access to most of your fun abilities/builds until later levels), but gearing up again at 70 is fun.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    ...Your point?
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

I like the freshness feeling a new season brings

Quote Originally Posted by meheez View Post
    My personal goal this season would be to leave a mark on the ladder, because the seasonal ladder can be accessed even in 10 years from now (i hope, since you can check the previous season standings).

So you can show your kids how badass you were in diablo 3 when you were young? lmao

Deleted
    I love the competition for maxing out your character and showing that on the leaderboard in each season.