Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lolburke View Post
    Those numbers are embarrassingly low. Blizzard really needs to change the reputation system for the WoD factions if they want to see any significant increase in the participation rates.
    There should be DEEP optional L100 quest chains (not dailies) that take you to at least 1/2 way through Revered, followed by whatever mechanism for Exalted. Group quest dailies, tabards for rep gain in dungeons/raids, Crafting faction "supplies", etc. Just make most of it story driven.

15+ Year Old Account
    21% of characters have at least 1 rep at exalted. Double that have the achievement.

I love that bug. I had it happen to me, as well. I have nothing at exalted this expansion, and I have zero intention to even do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Faethor View Post
    I have all 5 of the reps at exalted. None of them were very difficult to do and I really don't mind the grind to get them, I actually kinda enjoyed it.

I think I have 73 exalted reps atm (game is down and the armory is weird with how it lists them). I've been doing rep grinds since vanilla when it was nothing but a near endless grind to get some of the reps up. It may just be a personal thing with me to get them, but it's one of the things I enjoy doing in the game. It's obviously not for everyone, but that's why the game has many different aspects to it. There is generally something for everyone even though most people don't care about anything they don't want to do themselves.
    That's nice and all, but as someone with 23,800 dailies completed on my Death Knight, I feel that WoD's approach to reputations completely removed any kind of grind I actually found fun and replaced it with 'gameplay' the Timeless Isle conditioned me to associate with wasted time and anger. The thought of going back to TI or trying to spend longer than 10 minutes grinding rep in WoD actually makes me feel pissed off.

I don't see why they had to remove dailies as a reputation tool when they got rid of the issue people had with them in MoP - that they were 'mandatory' for raiders. For three expansions there was no vocal outcry about dailies and reputation, apart from people wanting to be able to Champion the reputations. MoP puts raid gear behind reputation while simultaneously making dailies the only way to gain that rep, people complain about the gear being gated so Blizzard undoes that terrible decision, then makes another one by using dailies as a scapegoat?

Why can't we have both? Why can't we have a choice once a day between the rep grind as it currently is in WoD, or a set of five or so dailies that reward 250 rep a piece and you can't get rep from killing mobs? That way we can choose between gated but efficient, or non-gated and possible to do in one day. Better yet, bring in the other four ways MoP had to gain reputation.

Personally I think it says something that I'd prefer to level hundreds of battle pets to level 25 than to try getting reputations I WANT to get to exalted over and done with.

Deleted
    Wait...There are reputations in WoD!?

In all seriousness reputations are something that goes in the "What WoD did wrong" category. There so many tools they could use for rep: dungeons, scenarios, dailies yet they chose to go back to old school grind. Perhaps another aspect of this expansion that didn't make deadline?

15+ Year Old Account
    My last Exalted rep on my main was Vol'jin's Spear, because I never found time for Ashran - and then I get from Neutral to Exalted in less than 24 hours.

The Laughing Skull had to be one of the absolute worst grinds I've ever been on. Yeah, even worse than Shaohao. I must've triggered around 10 to 12 Botani invasions on my way there. Must've destroyed their entire population at least 3 times.

I thought that 1 exalted rep achievement was fixed, but maybe not. Removed it from the graph.

Looking at the individual achievements, ~20% of players have at least 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Quilzar View Post
    Reps are indeed a mess, I like that there is not raid gear locked behind them, but I hate the only real way of gaining rep is grinding mobs.

I have 59 exalted reps on my main.

And only one of those from Warlords.

I never got exalted with the Emperor on Timeless Isle either, the one thing I really can't deal with is grinding mobs.
    If you don't like grinding you're either not playing the right game or you aim too high.

I have not played since december but i also have a crapload of reps on exalted. But the mobgrinding one is abit crappy in WOD. The amount of rep you get per kill is also pretty low imo. Some daily quests would be nice or a very tiny storyline per faction why they even are there or something ?

But this will prolly get fixed in a later patch so do not worry

Rep dailies are my #1 wish for WoD, after flying. I'm someone who usually gets all the reps (I have Beloved -- though not Insane yet), but I am only exalted with Wrynn this time around. Even with the tokens I'm not done with Steamwheedle or Arakkoa yet. It really needs fixing. It's super if you love grinding, you should still be able to do that, but there should be other methods as well.

Bots and Hacks
    """"""As to the question of "player reporting vs Blizzard detection," that's not something we're taking an either/or response to. We're constantly working on improving our detection methods. That doesn't mean that player reports don't help.

Can you make reporting players easier? The only option right now that I know of is to report them mid arena game which isn't always possible.
    We absolutely need to do better about getting this information out there, but the best method to report players you suspect are using a bot or hack -- especially if you can gather some video evidence -- is to email hacks@blizzard.com. That email address is monitored constantly by the team responsible for investigating such things. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)""""""

Are u kidding me? So ur saying that im gonna put time and make your job Blizz? Are you serious? Its like im gonna go into a restaurnag and order a Pizza and pay for it then go myself info the kitchen and make the pizza myself? NO...no fucking way. I PAY YOU TO MAKE YOUR JOB. Why the hell we gonna give u Video evidence on someone who is booting - put time to download a video recorder program and install it and learn how to use and then record and send the file? Im gonna put that important time on just to report 1 fucking bot? Hell no. You guys just did confirm that your "Right Click - Report Player" aint working as intended and now WE GONNA send a video to prove. NO. I can give u a fucking ide instead. Put a damn future on the game so when you report a guy u gonna have a option to record 30-60 sec video ingame and just send it to you (Blizzard) directly. That would be 100000% better and easier for us. AND if it happens that the guy is a really boter and u perma ban him, WE SHOULD GET REWARDED (more days on game time maybe) for helping you. You are not giving us the game for free so why the hell we gonna give u something free. Well thats my opinion. And i cant reply this on US server so i just did write it here. PS: My English is bad, i know so dont bother to remind me. Regards

7+ Year Old Account
    Even though I haven't bothered to farm any of them yet, I'm happy reps are difficult and grindy to increase this expansion. I remember fondly grinding cultists in Silithus for +1 rep each all the way to exalted back in vanilla pre-Silithus revamp. It took a long long time, and was really quite pointless, but whatever. The entire game is pointless. It's fine to have a few corners of content for the people who want something to grind just to say they did it. I think I was the only person on my server who had that rep maxed out before the big revamp to that zone happened, which makes it something special to remember.

Making things easy also makes them forgettable. Sorry but throwing on a tabard and AOE'ing through 10 dungeons to max your rep isn't going to make for a memorable experience.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mask View Post
    Even though I haven't bothered to farm any of them yet, I'm happy reps are difficult and grindy to increase this expansion. I remember fondly grinding cultists in Silithus for +1 rep each all the way to exalted back in vanilla pre-Silithus revamp. It took a long long time, and was really quite pointless, but whatever. The entire game is pointless. It's fine to have a few corners of content for the people who want something to grind just to say they did it. I think I was the only person on my server who had that rep maxed out before the big revamp to that zone happened, which makes it something special to remember.

Making things easy also makes them forgettable. Sorry but throwing on a tabard and AOE'ing through 10 dungeons to max your rep isn't going to make for a memorable experience.
    Neither is making them long grinds with 5rep per mob as no one does them in the first place as shown by the graph...

Quote Originally Posted by Mask View Post

Difference is that rep was there to exist as a grind. The WoD feel as 'mandatory' to collection-focused players as MoP's did to raiders.

If the reps didn't have any items on them there'd be a lot less grief about them.

I don't realy care about the achievement but that downtime. What are they doing, it's not like there some content to be added or something. I am kinda curious as to what they are doing that need such a long downtime.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Holywraths View Post
    I don't realy care about the achievement but that downtime. What are they doing, it's not like there some content to be added or something. I am kinda curious as to what they are doing that need such a long downtime.
    EU servers are only having rolling restarts, so maybe they're implementing the WoW tokens for the US, they did say the release would be staggered.

Endless mob grind to become Exalted = no fun.

Give us a tabard to run dungeons like in Cata.

Weird! People don't want an endless mob grind just so they have the ability to buy recolor mounts and a semi-useless follower or gear for exorbitant prices? Color me surprised!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ucplayer View Post
    Endless mob grind to become Exalted = no fun.

Give us a tabard to run dungeons like in Cata.
    That would be a suitable solution! To keep grinding is okay, but using tabards like in Cata and WotLK would still be the best option!

I guess botters prefer the grinding way tho - kind of funny, isn't it?

Regards,
    Tzanesh

Sorry for me being stupied here but doesnt 12 AM to 11 AM Maintenace mean 23 hours Maintenance?

What they should have done since they didn't want raid gear to be locked behind reps is make all the heroic dungeon gear, LFR gear, and Apexis gear the same item level. That way everyone can do stuff the way they actually want to.