Destruction stat priority

Yo! Been gearing up another lock and I keep running into the same problem. I slightly lower ilvl piece has a ton of mastery on it, but the upgrade does not. Obviously in a perfect world, I won't take a piece without mastery on it. BUT, since I'm trying to gear up for my raid quickly, how much more important is Int than Mastery. Is there some kind of stat weight for them where "X mastery increase" is actually better than "X int increase"? Been looking through a lot of guides and most of the time they just say "Int is our best stat". Any math behind it? Thanks in advance!

10+ Year Old Account
    The general train of though is an Int increase is always an upgrade regardless of Secondary increases.

This could change specifically aimed at trinkets, where for example a ilvl 705 http://www.wowhead.com/item=124228&bonus=566 has less static Intel on it than http://www.wowhead.com/item=113984&bonus=567 does but the DSI is a higher dps gain than BMC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mastery and Crit are superior stats, item 5 ilvls higher that does not have either is worse than item that has them.

What about an item 10? or 20? or 30? That's what im trying to figure out, is when Int > mastery/crit gains/losses

Deleted
    Use simulationcraft to get an answer which is suiting you. In general a higher int will resolve in a higher base damage, which exponentially scales up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alienz View Post
    What about an item 10? or 20? or 30? That's what im trying to figure out, is when Int > mastery/crit gains/losses
    Depends on an item in question. Helms, Robes and Pants have a higher than usual stat allocation so 10 lvl dislfference there with crap stats should still be better or equal to the lower level optimal piece. Other items not much so.

But difference between optimal piece with Crit and Mastery and a piece 10 ilvls higher with Multistrike and Vers is non existent mostly, except for weapons and trinkets naturally.

Its all a polynomial. Just plug it in.