Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

What made you want to become a Warlock?

For me, it was the first time I set foot into Stormwind as a human paladin. I remember mirin' a max lvl on a Dreadsteed and thinking that's the coolest mount ever. I asked my friend if Warlock's can own one of those because I wanted to re-roll to have a demon pet. He told me it was a warlock exclusive mount. Instantly deleted my lvl 6 Paladin, and created a Warlock.

Old GM: We need rDPS for WoD
    Me: Okay, what class?
    Old GM: Pick between Mage, Warlock or Hunter
    Me: Warlock I guess

10+ Year Old Account
    Back in Vanilla I rolled a Paladin - Holy Warrior - they said, Smite your enemies with your diving wrath - they said... ended up healbotting from BWL to Naxx.

So I decided to roll something on the red side too and I thought this way - it should be Damage Dealer only - no odd jobs (tanking/healing) - so it was either Rogue, Hunter, Mage or Warlock. Out of all of the options I picked up Warlock, due to the theme and that's how it happened.

At the start of the TBC I switched to Warlock full time until now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Started playing WoW as a Mage.
    Second character was a Priest.
    Started leveling a Warlock.

Seemed my Mage and Priest had a lovechild.
    It was a Warlock.

And I never looked back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Back in BC I played one because I thought they were relatively underplayed and I wanted to see how it works. Liked it since!

Started playing at BC launch. Asked my brother what class I should play. Said if you like DoTs and being OP play a lock. Here I am 8 years later still doing it.

15+ Year Old Account
    I liked the concept of demons and curses (killing someone slowly and painfully). I also liked the idea that the class was "evil" in the sense that while they align themselves with the H/A, they ultimately fight for themselves to become more powerful.

My love for magic. I have played one since vanilla (and a mage as well) and even though warlocks are fairly lackluster now, I still love mine too much to ever give it up.

Deleted
    I was failing at all magic classes, so I cheated by asking demons for help. It all went downhill after that, turns out you just can't back out of a demonic contract.

7+ Year Old Account
    In vanilla i started of playing a warrior which eventually became my first 60, tanked alot of instances on the way, got defensive stance at lvl 50.
    somewhere in between there i saw a warlock with a voidwalker, asked my friend what it was, he didnt know so he told me it was the warlocks father helping him.

For some reason i thought that was cool, so i created a warlock.

We need a Worgen warlock for the 8th guild bank slot. So i am at 67 currently. And i already know i'm not playing that thing past 85. :P

Deleted
    Started early TBC ,opened up the character screene and had a quick look trough all classes information and picked a warlock. Have been my main seens that point.

Orc, dwarf, goblin, gnome and now Human

Deleted
    For me, the vanilla intro cinematic did the trick.
    Male Forsaken Warlock it is ever since.

I made a warlock as well because I saw someone on that awesome mount on my first charactre.

Played/Raided with a Necromancer in everquest way back in the day. Enjoyed the caster/pet combo and stuck with it.

Made a priest in Vanilla, leveled to 60, did a single Molten Core raid and decided healing was boring. Made an alt warlock while considering giving up the game, and the moment I got Corruption and Curse of Agony something just clicked.... This was it, this was the class I should've leveled. A debuffer.

10 years in, the game is still a lot less fun (to me) as any class other than a Warlock, regardless of how different they are from back in the day.

Demonology. Fire and demons everywere, and semi-melee with Metamorph...it caters to my pyromania AND sadism at the same time, all the while looking awesome! Shame I figured out too late after getting too ingrained with my hunter whom I have a love/hate thing with atm...

Deleted
    Played a gnome warlock since vanilla i just loved how i saw a pvp video back when youtube was not the main source of wow vids but GOOGLE lol and I saw an undead warlock fear someone and had dots on him and drain life and got a few angry wispers from the player.

Was close to rerolling class the soulshard system summoning pets wasting shards on summons + healthstone everything required a soulshard had to use 1-2soul pouch and barely had backpack slots for my personal raiding consumables etc. ( lets not forget ur voidwalker could not fucking contain aggro even 1heal tick from health tunnel or weakest dot siphon life would over aggro it! )

Was making bank gold $$ farming the eye of shadow in wintergrasp decided to get my epic mount quest and boy it was epic the questline.

but I loved pvp on warlocks FEAR , Death Coil , howl of terror lol this class was at the peak in tbc <3

SOLO ASPECT
    During CATA i checked youtube videos on warlock solo x and enjoyed how great warlocks could solo raid bosses and even got my ashes of alar during mid cata.

TBC - WOD warlocks was fine in dps wise loved the opness of affli locks in SOO

My Warlock was my first toon in WoW, I believe I chose it because I came from Diablo 2 where the Necromancer was my favorite class so I figured the lock would be most similar to the necro.

I remember leveling it to 28 before even realizing what talent points were (this was back in 2006), I was so angry at the time but obviously it's something I laugh about now.

For me, I thought it would be cool to blow through Auberdine as a horde warlock and throw a dot on an unsuspecting ally and just run away while they die slowly knowing there was nothing they could do about their impending doom. That was many years ago and I still enjoy them for their DoT mechanics.

Edit:also I thought the felhunter was the coolest pet ever, and I loved doing the quests to obtain them. The Dreadsteed quest is my favorite memory of wow.