Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thenightowl View Post
    Due to the way Blizz reduced every class's spells my Hunter just lacked the rotation I thought was fun. Locks offered a much deeper playstyle and rotation so I made the jump.
    This is exactly me but it took me 700 ilvls to figure that out.. Hunter rotation is boring and uneventful. Nothing to maintain and only reactive playstyle is survival with ur 3 button rotation that never changes.

Lock has been my 3rd main since cata. Has always been there for me to fall back on and collect all the sick xmogs.

Warlock was my second toon. I started as a boomy because I have always loved casters in any video game, and I wasn't feeling my boomkin (switched to resto eventually) and fell in love with my lock.

Before buying WoW I was planning to play a shaman with my friends. Then it turned out they were playing on alliance so shaman wasn't an option... Second option was either a mage or a warlock, was going to pick mage BUT one of my friends was already playing a mage and I didn't want to play the same class.

First started with Night Elf Hunter.
    Found out I was on a different realm to those who encouraged me to play the game in the first place.
    Rerolled on the correct realm, and decided to try something different.
    Warlock appealed as something very different, and it just stuck.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Permanent infernals :P
    Yes, quite the newcomer

I played war3 as an orc player mostly, so going into wow I thought for sure I'd be making a Shaman. But then I saw how Warlocks can summon other players to their position in the world and man I thought that sounded awesome. Little did I know...

Warlocks simply have the coolest transmogs in the game.

Also im surprised no one has mentioned Drakedog in this thread yet. I know he was apart of why I thought Warlocks were cool, even though if you go back and watch his videos now theyre kind of funny. Still though you cant deny his fame.
    Last edited by Sanctify; 2015-05-07 at 04:46 PM.

Honestly I just randomly clicked on a class when I first started playing. Haven't made an alt since.

Deleted
    Drakedog and I used to play Necromancer in D2, Warlock was the closest to it.
    Last edited by mmoc8c23f70277; 2015-05-09 at 10:55 AM.

Deleted
    Drakedog, Fear and pets - What's not to like?

7+ Year Old Account
    The first time my irl pal showed me Seed of Corruption in BC, ditched my paladin and rerolled.
    Always liked warlocks since vanilla, I couldnt stomach myself to relevel at the time.

Deleted
    awesome pets of course

Deleted
    I wanted to make a twink warlock because it seemed fun to stand at the roof of the WSG tunnel, dot everyone passing by as affliction and get tons of HK's (BC/WOTLK). Made one and it was just as much fun as I had expected.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drekha View Post
    The vanilla manual stated you could summon demons, curse and corrupt enemies, cause agony, let fire rain down from the sky and melt faces. It sounded appealing.
    This. Also the image from back of the original game box, that undead with his badass staff.

Commanding demon pets sounded strong too for solo play. UD Warlock since Vanilla.
    Last edited by mmocc70537a917; 2015-05-13 at 06:09 AM.

I had quit the game and my old raiding guild wanted me back but they were totally reinventing the group and one of the guys wanted to reroll warrior which I was before I quit. They told me I was rerolling either lock or spriest I think my other choice was, I also was told I only had 2 weeks to level a char to 90 and have it geared up.

I was ready in 1 and walked into heart of fear the next week and topped the dps meters.

The look, seeing warlock t5 when I was a kid made me fall in love with the class

Deleted
    Not a warlock in general, but the demonform appealed to me. I don't know, I kinda like changing in an evil form and go ham

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Shit ton of dots, drain mana, ritual of doom, curse of tongues. And Fear, blessed fear.

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    I raided as a warlock in vanilla and loved it (getting to be destro for the first time in naxx.. Wistful sigh), but have since been playing a tank or a healer for the sake of progress. Once WoD popped, I decided to put my all my effort into a warlock, and don't think I will ever go back - it's just too fun.
    Last edited by Sigrunr; 2015-05-16 at 01:52 PM. Reason: Spelling

I like purple.