Help me know how I can improve~

Hello MMO-Champion Computer Builders, I am in need of your much more experienced advice.

I have assembled a list of parts that I think would work well together in a build and are not too ridiculous.
    I'm not really on a budget but I also don't want to be wasteful either.

Here are full specs-so-far in text form. (forum says I can't include the pc-parts-picker yet)
    CPU= Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor ($343.98 Newegg)
    CPU Cooler= Noctua NH-D14 65.0 CFM CPU Cooler ($80.98 Newegg)
    Motherboard= MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($100.98 Newegg)
    Memory= Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($121.98 Newegg)
    Storage= Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($80.98 Newegg)
    Storage= Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($54.99 Newegg)
    Video Card= MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GB Twin Frozr V Video Card ($343.98 Newegg)
    Case= Fractal Design Define R4 (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case ($119.98 Newegg)
    Power Supply= Corsair CX 500W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($61.08 Newegg)
    Optical Drive= Asus DRW-24B1ST BLK B AS DVD CD Writer ($21.98 Newegg)
    Wireless Network Adapter= TP-Link TL-WDN4800 802.11abgn PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter ($35.99 Newegg)
    Total= $1356.90

Specific concerns and comments.
    i7-4790K = I feel like this part will have longer staying power compared to getting an i5-4690K and the extra processing power could help with OBS, but I could be wrong.
    Noctua NH-D14 CPU Cooler = This thing seems ridiculously big, I really can't tell if it would fit in the case, this is probably the biggest concern so far.
    500W Power Supply = PCPartPicker claims I only need 356W so 500W gives a little head room, there isn't a reason I'm not seeing to do 600W right?
    Otherwise I think everything else about the build is pretty solid.

On to the material the sticky suggests would be helpful to include.
    Budget
    -Really like to aim for sub $1,600 but would be willing to go a bit higher if it would be considered "worth it"

Resolution
    -Desktop resolution will be 2560x1440
    -Desired gaming resolution will be 1920x1080

Games / Settings Desired
    -I'd like to be able to run any of Blizzard's games, HotS and WoW are the big ones, at 1920x1080 with 60FPS in most cases
    -WoW settings I would like to be able to put everything to Ultra, though shadows would be fine as Good
    -I understand that in big raids / big pvp events there are some things that no pc can keep at 60, that is fine
    -I play other games but those are the big ones, would like room to grow in the future without needing to upgrade Too Soon Executus.

Any other intensive software or special things you do (Frequent video encoding, 3D modeling, etc)
    -I would like to be able to run OBS and stream gameplay to Twitch without taking too much of a hit to setting / fps

Country
    -United States

Parts that can be reused
    -None

Do you need an OS?
    -Nope, I have an extra Windows 8.1 key for this

Do you need peripherals (e.g. monitor, mouse, keyboard, speakers, etc)?
    -Nope, have peripherals and monitors that I am very pleased with

Please let me know how I can improve on this build, or make smarter decisions.
    I have built two PC's in the past for my family / friends but not in many years so I may be out of touch parts-wise.
    Last edited by Valkrysa; 2015-03-31 at 05:38 AM. Reason: Added details about the processor

Deleted
    I just made this on another thread swap the wifi card below for o/s and you're done.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core OEM/Tray Processor ($318.95 @ SuperBiiz)
    CPU Cooler: be quiet! Shadow Rock 2 87.0 CFM Rifle Bearing CPU Cooler ($44.99 @ NCIX US)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-G1.SNIPER Z97 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($136.98 @ Newegg)
    Memory: G.Skill Sniper Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($109.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($110.98 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($52.75 @ OutletPC)
    Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 980 4GB Twin Frozr Video Card ($559.99 @ B&H)
    Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro ATX Full Tower Case ($99.99 @ Amazon)
    Power Supply: SeaSonic G 550W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($79.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($87.95 @ OutletPC)
    Total: $1602.56
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-03-31 02:24 EDT-0400

I would consider this intel wifi card instead

A few comments between the build you linked and above one:

- You might not need the gtx980 if you are going to game at 1080p but for the same money as yours as you can see it fits, else the 970 you linked is ok. Tho i don't understand why not game at 1440p?
    - Personally i would not spend that much on cpu cooler that costs as much as the main board.
    - Double ssd than above. 120gb ssd will fill up in no time and you don't want to fill it up.
    - Case is personal touch, but if you spend that much at least get the newer version the R5. Wonderful case nonetheless, just a difference option above.
    - The corsair cx psu is junk, as in all the cx series.

Thank you for your reply Kostattoo, your build just with the OS swapped for the suggested wifi card and adding on a dvd drive I think will fit the needs nicely~
    The GTX980 in particular seems worth the cost bump.

The case that you linked says that it has support for 5 additional case fans, I'm not sure if it actually needs all 5 but I was thinking it might be good to add two fan in addition to the stock ones. Though that might just be me being paranoid about heat?
    "Cooler Master SickleFlow 120 - Sleeve Bearing 120mm Blue LED Silent Fan for Computer Cases, CPU Coolers, and Radiators"
    newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103060
    (mmo champ still won't let me post proper links)

"Tho i don't understand why not game at 1440p?"
    I think I've just been conditioned after gaming on a macbook for so long to set expectations low and hope for the best as far as what settings I can make.

"The corsair cx psu is junk, as in all the cx series."
    Thanks for the info, all the power supplies seemed similar and the newegg comments aren't always helpful.

Thanks again for your help!

- - - Updated - - -

Updated part list.
    -Switched CPU cooler for one a friend has, slightly cheaper and available locally
    -Added two more case fans to the list in addition to what the case comes with

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core OEM/Tray Processor ($318.95 SuperBiiz)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($29.75 OutletPC)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-G1.SNIPER Z97 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($136.98 Newegg)
    Memory: G.Skill Sniper Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($109.99 Newegg)
    Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($110.98 Newegg)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($52.75 OutletPC)
    Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 980 4GB Twin Frozr Video Card ($549.99 SuperBiiz)
    Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro ATX Full Tower Case ($99.99 Amazon)
    Power Supply: SeaSonic G 550W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($79.99 SuperBiiz)
    Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($19.75 OutletPC)
    Wireless Network Adapter: Intel 7260HMWDTX1 802.11a/b/g/n/ac PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter ($58.95 Amazon)
    Case Fan: Corsair Air Series SP120 Quiet Edition (2-Pack) 37.9 CFM 120mm Fans ($27.89 OutletPC)
    Total: $1595.96
    Last edited by Valkrysa; 2015-03-31 at 03:47 PM. Reason: explanation on why the link is the way it is

The difference between those 2 coolers is just noise. The 212 EVO will be much noisier than the one mentioned. The 2 cool about the same though. If the noise does not bother you though, or you can not get the other anywhere, the 212 does just as good a job.

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    The difference between those 2 coolers is just noise. The 212 EVO will be much noisier than the one mentioned. The 2 cool about the same though. If the noise does not bother you though, or you can not get the other anywhere, the 212 does just as good a job.
    Thanks for the info Lathais!

The main concern I have, and if the concern is unfounded then thats great, is that the earlier suggested cpu cool "be quiet! Shadow Rock 2 87.0 CFM Rifle Bearing CPU Cooler" seems as if it is very large compared to other coolers and I can't tell for sure if it would have trouble fitting in the system. Quieter is always better, so if i can determine if it would fit then I'd definitely go for it.

One thing I could do is order the Shadow Rock 2 cooler and if it doesn't fit just return it (usually try to avoid that hassle though).

Both of your input so far has been really helpful, I think I'm really close to having a final decision here if I can figure out the cooler size issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkrysa View Post
    Thanks for the info Lathais!

The main concern I have, and if the concern is unfounded then thats great, is that the earlier suggested cpu cool "be quiet! Shadow Rock 2 87.0 CFM Rifle Bearing CPU Cooler" seems as if it is very large compared to other coolers and I can't tell for sure if it would have trouble fitting in the system. Quieter is always better, so if i can determine if it would fit then I'd definitely go for it.

One thing I could do is order the Shadow Rock 2 cooler and if it doesn't fit just return it (usually try to avoid that hassle though).

Both of your input so far has been really helpful, I think I'm really close to having a final decision here if I can figure out the cooler size issue.
    http://www.ncixus.com/products/?usaf...R&promoid=1202
    159mm Height

http://www.ncixus.com/products/?usaf...!&promoid=1402
    160mm Height

They are near identical in size.

The Phanteks Enthoo Pro has clearance for up to 193mm
    http://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/651...iew/index.html

You have plenty of clearance for either one.

That tweaktown link is way better than the source I was looking at, thanks!

It's clear that the shadow rock doesn't have any obvious problems anymore.

Thank you to both of you for your help in guiding me into some better choices

Final Parts List:
    CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core OEM/Tray Processor ($318.95 SuperBiiz)
    CPU Cooler: be quiet! Shadow Rock 2 87.0 CFM Rifle Bearing CPU Cooler ($44.99 NCIX US)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-G1.SNIPER Z97 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($136.98 Newegg)
    Memory: G.Skill Sniper Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($109.99 Newegg)
    Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($110.98 Newegg)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($52.75 OutletPC)
    Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 980 4GB Twin Frozr Video Card ($549.99 SuperBiiz)
    Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro ATX Full Tower Case ($99.99 Amazon)
    Power Supply: SeaSonic G 550W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($79.99 SuperBiiz)
    Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($19.75 OutletPC)
    Wireless Network Adapter: Intel 7260HMWDTX1 802.11a/b/g/n/ac PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter ($58.95 Amazon)
    Case Fan: Corsair Air Series SP120 Quiet Edition (2-Pack) 37.9 CFM 120mm Fans ($27.89 OutletPC)
    Total: $1611.20

No problem and good luck with the build. Take some pics and come back and let us know how it all works out for you.