Last edited by G3istly; 2017-07-04 at 01:12 PM.

That is a low number to buy from someone. To build your own it is very possible. But that isn't an option according to your post. The big kicker is the 800-900 a total price (like after tax and shipping)? Because that will limit you more if that is the case. Shipping will likely ballpark around 100. Tax another 70-100 (for US, if you aren't in the US it will vary). That would only leave you with 600-700 for the online price tag.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    That is a low number to buy from someone. To build your own it is very possible. But that isn't an option according to your post. The big kicker is the 800-900 a total price (like after tax and shipping)? Because that will limit you more if that is the case. Shipping will likely ballpark around 100. Tax another 70-100 (for US, if you aren't in the US it will vary). That would only leave you with 600-700 for the online price tag.
    $100 shipping? LOL. Most places include free shipping.

I would suggest finding a 'build to order' online retailer, and go that route. You'd be able to choose better components at least. Personally I'm not familiar with those, but I'm sure others are.

Your budget might be a bit tight for what you want... just FYI

Also, giving your general location (country/state, or better yet the location of your sibling) for best results.

Something like this might work... no tax if you're shipping outside of NJ, and free shipping:
    http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...indows8_1.html
    Last edited by Vermicious; 2015-04-02 at 04:16 PM.

http://www.ibuypower.com/Store/Intel-B85-Configurator

not the greatest but probably hits your price point and would do the job

Quote Originally Posted by Quackattack View Post
    http://www.ibuypower.com/Store/Intel-B85-Configurator

not the greatest but probably hits your price point and would do the job
    Hm. I wish I knew more about computers because I can't tell if that's any good or not. By the way, would something like that be upgradeable? I'm guessing not.

Quote Originally Posted by G3istly View Post
    Hm. I wish I knew more about computers because I can't tell if that's any good or not. By the way, would something like that be upgradeable? I'm guessing not.
    Decently upgradeable if you make it so. Biggest problem is the B85 motherboard which does not allow overclocking.

Also the braindead store is pushing AIO water cooling as mandatory for non-overclockable CPU which is whole lot of money wasted.

Quote Originally Posted by fixx View Post
    Decently upgradeable if you make it so. Biggest problem is the B85 motherboard which does not allow overclocking.

Also the braindead store is pushing AIO water cooling as mandatory for non-overclockable CPU which is whole lot of money wasted.
    I never understood the concept of "overclocking". Can you explain that to me? The only other question I can think to ask is: will it play Grand Theft Auto V on decent settings without any frame rate issues?

10+ Year Old Account
    I never understood the concept of "overclocking". Can you explain that to me? The only other question I can think to ask is: will it play Grand Theft Auto V on decent settings without any frame rate issues?
    Overclocking is essentially increasing the clock rate of the CPU(or any computer component), hence the name overclocking. Two 'methods' to overclock, one is to increase the FSB(I think that's what it's called) and the other is to increase the clock multiplier. FSB isn't really used anymore as more consumer CPUs have unlocked multipliers now and as far as I know is more stable.
    In other words you're making it faster which in turn generates more heat and use more power, which means that you need a good cooler to dissipate the heat better.

So no one knows whether that PC is capable of playing Grand Theft Auto V or not?

10+ Year Old Account
    So no one knows whether that PC is capable of playing Grand Theft Auto V or not?
    Hard to tell, since it's a configurator, not a system. The default setup... No.

As for the other one linked... It doesn't show a video card. Just "Nvidia 2gb" so that could be anything really.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

- - - Updated - - -

Hard question to answer.

GTA5 has a nice configuration settings menu and it shows you a memory bar that does a good job indicating when you will hit issues. I have 4 GB on my bar and I can't use the best texture settings. They look a little washed out to me and I prefer the higher resolution ones but my frame rates dip when I use it so I have to drop it back down.

My System;

4770k OC 4.5 GHz
    32 GB 1866 Memory
    770 GTX SLI

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    Hard to tell, since it's a configurator, not a system. The default setup... No.

As for the other one linked... It doesn't show a video card. Just "Nvidia 2gb" so that could be anything really.
    I am at a loss then. I know literally nothing about the hardware of PCs so I can't "configure" one. I guess I'll have to figure something else out; I appreciate the help though.