Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Why am I not getting follower affinity tokens on my main ?

Hi guys.

I'm trying to make an optimal follower setup for raid missions, but it seems like i don't get follower affinity missions on my main character.

For those who don't get it, i'm talking about stuff like that : http://www.wowhead.com/item=122582/g...kkoa-relations

I'm getting those plenty of those missions on my alts characters but I never get any on my main.

Is there a reason for that ? Are there any conditions that need to be met in order to get those missions ? Can anyone help me ?

Thanks in advance and have a nice day.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    random, I get them on my main at times and alts, I just dont use it though
    A woman should never invest in a relationship she wouldn't want her daughter in, nor allow any man to treat her in a way her son would get scoled for.

Funny how I just wroe that i only get them on my alt in another tjread

I actually don't like getting those missions. There are so few followers that trigger those traits that they're basically worthless. I do the missions for the salvage crates from them, then feel compelled to use them rather than just deleting them, but most of my active followers have useful traits now so I wind up using them on inactives, which is pointless
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

I delete them on my main, but I still deliberately do the missions because they are classified as rare and count for the achievement. I've got 100% completion chance for all decent missions and I get some completion orders from the Mage Tower in the case a follower is needed for 100% on multiple missions. I also don't even have an Arakkoa follower and the only animal follower I have is Leorajh.

It's in a rare mission pool, not sure what else is in that pool. On another note, I suspect the bonus coin rare missions are in a pool with rare missions like Dance Studio

Deleted
    I know those are rare missions but i got them pretty often on my alts while i never get any on my main

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Delaios View Post
    I delete them on my main, but I still deliberately do the missions because they are classified as rare and count for the achievement. I've got 100% completion chance for all decent missions and I get some completion orders from the Mage Tower in the case a follower is needed for 100% on multiple missions. I also don't even have an Arakkoa follower and the only animal follower I have is Leorajh.
    I would still at least save them in your bank. You can build VERY powerful and versatile teams with those, which might at least become useful when the next raid tier is released.

Right now, I have one team that I built using those, that has 100% success chance on every BRF raid mission while covering only 3 out of 7 ability counters on one of those missions. That is NOT including garona, which is my next project. Should easily lead to a team that reaches 100% chance while only having 2 of 7 required ability counters.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyand1337 View Post
    I would still at least save them in your bank. You can build VERY powerful and versatile teams with those, which might at least become useful when the next raid tier is released.
    There's only three Arakkoa followers (Talonpriest, Talon Guard, Dawnseeker), three Ogre followers (Tormmok, Dagg, Blook), and three Beast followers (Leorahj, Goldmane, Meatball; can't confirm if Clever Ashyo and Ken-ken fall under this, too). Two Robots (Pleasure Bot, Ziriak). If you don't use those followers the books are fairly useless.

Right now, I have one team that I built using those, that has 100% success chance on every BRF raid mission while covering only 3 out of 7 ability counters on one of those missions. That is NOT including garona, which is my next project. Should easily lead to a team that reaches 100% chance while only having 2 of 7 required ability counters.
    That happens just as well with three 675 ilvl followers.

Quote Originally Posted by arcaneshot View Post
    There's only three Arakkoa followers (Talonpriest, Talon Guard, Dawnseeker), three Ogre followers (Tormmok, Dagg, Blook), and three Beast followers (Leorahj, Goldmane, Meatball; can't confirm if Clever Ashyo and Ken-ken fall under this, too). Two Robots (Pleasure Bot, Ziriak). If you don't use those followers the books are fairly useless.
    Yeah but you always, always, always want to have an Ogre Buddy for Blook.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by arcaneshot View Post
    Yeah but the point is, that you use them in Order to build those teams.
    Lets say you have garona and another follower with counters that don't overlap.. preferrably a priest or something like that. What matters is that he isn't orc/draenei.
    You can than go ahead and do business as usual but save up on those books, for example Winning with Wildlings.
    As soon as you have a couple of those, you unbench, let's say, meatball and reroll his traits, until he has racial preferences for both Garona and your other good follower. This might take a while. I chose Meatball and a priest, because you can have garona, meatball and a priest have six different ability counters.
    Now you beginn to reroll the traits of garona and your other follower until they have racial preferences for each other (this is fairly easy as you only need one trait to be the right one).
    Now you use your saved up tokens on those and hope to not replace the one racial affinity you need. There you go, you now have a team with six active racial affinities and you basically won the expansion.
    As of now, for this team to not have 100% chance on any mission you would need to have a mission with at least six ability counters not covered. Such a Mission does not exist, and for a team that covers six different abilites, such a mission will most likely never exist.
    You are now free to have your remaining 22 follower be treasure hunters and scavengers without ever having to worry about raid missions again.

If you don't want to do that now, because your regular followers are already able to cover every mission 100%, that's okay. But as I said, I would at least save those books, just in case the 6.2 or 6.3 missions for example require you to beat 8 abilities or some very odd combinations that your regular teams can't cover up for some reason.

People who think they're useless just don't seem to understand that by utilizing them well, you can have like four followers that can 100% every single mission. People saying stuff like "There are only x of those kinds of followers." That doesn't matter because you don't need any more than that - that's the point.

I also seem to get a bunch on alts and very very few on my main =/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BrioWoW View Post
    People who think they're useless just don't seem to understand that by utilizing them well, you can have like four followers that can 100% every single mission. People saying stuff like "There are only x of those kinds of followers." That doesn't matter because you don't need any more than that - that's the point.

I also seem to get a bunch on alts and very very few on my main =/
    Yeah that's it. You need only one, maybe two of them and you have most likely won every raid mission for the rest of the expac and can replace all of your remaining followers to maximize gold and resource income or whatever.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hots View Post
    Funny how I just wroe that i only get them on my alt in another tjread
    I can confirm this strange rng/intended whatever. Both my alts get the racial and retrain tokens regularly why i barely get anything on my main.

This one! Follower Retraining Certificate, I have gotten 10+ on all my alts, but I haven't gotten a single one on my main. I didn't use them before 6.1 so I had big stacks of them on every char but my main who hadn't a single one.... and now I want them badly to get more treasure hunters.

Even my low level alts had a few on them before 6.1.

Deleted
    Yeah that's it. You need only one, maybe two of them and you have most likely won every raid mission for the rest of the expac and can replace all of your remaining followers to maximize gold and resource income or whatever.
    As someone who's had a 6 racial team before 6.1 on their main: completely overrated! I'll be rerolling them soon to treasure hunter/scavenger or replace them. Only 1 of them gets used in "missions of interest" for highmaul/brf missions, and only 2 out of 3 times he gets picked requires ONE of his racials to activate. And I don't even have Garona yet (should have tomorrow), which will make it even less needed. Just have a good spread of ability counters (I got 5-6 of each on my main, need to re-adjust 3 followers for pure duplicates), and make sure to dump all the profession traits and you're good to go once you got a team of 675.

10+ Year Old Account
    I get sometimes, but I just do the missions for the rare mission completion achievement. I'm sticking to my Troll/Tauren/Orc dream army

Quote Originally Posted by Derpette View Post
    As someone who's had a 6 racial team before 6.1 on their main: completely overrated! I'll be rerolling them soon to treasure hunter/scavenger or replace them. Only 1 of them gets used in "missions of interest" for highmaul/brf missions, and only 2 out of 3 times he gets picked requires ONE of his racials to activate. And I don't even have Garona yet (should have tomorrow), which will make it even less needed. Just have a good spread of ability counters (I got 5-6 of each on my main, need to re-adjust 3 followers for pure duplicates), and make sure to dump all the profession traits and you're good to go once you got a team of 675.
    Treasure Hunter is just awesome. Sometimes you get those 500g mission which you can turn into a 1k. Whoosh.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpette View Post
    They don't get picked for "mission of interest" because that one a) optimizes for stuff like gold reward and b) prefers stacking counters over traits first in order to reach 100%. So if you have other followers that do the job too, they are more likely to get picked by the addon.
    It is however likely that blizzard further improves the number of ability counters required for future raid missions. Or make some really odd combos. Could you just deal with, let's say, 4x timed battle right now without using traits? Mission could be called "Patchwerk lol" and require you to have 4x timed battle, 1-2x massive strike and 2x wild aggression. My 6 racial team including garona could deal with that.

That's why I keep my team of 5 right now. It's five, because they can form two different teams with garona and each team has a different set of ability counters. They are kind of my backup solution in case blizzard adds nasty new missions. With these five guys being my safety net, I still have 20 more followers to try and substitute my racial team with treasure hunters in order to improve on that 1000g mythic cache reward.

So if I were you I would at least just deactivate them for now and get some new followers with treasure hunter, I would not reroll them. They might come in handy later into the expansion. Like when blizzard added the BRF missions to the PTR, two of them, especially the double group damage/minion swarms mission gave me some REAL trouble and I had to put a lot of work into that in order to get those to 100% before BRF actually released. This shit won't happen to me again.
    Last edited by mmocbd24f84edd; 2015-04-08 at 06:37 AM.

Deleted
    Could you just deal with, let's say, 4x timed battle right now without using traits? Mission could be called "Patchwerk lol" and require you to have 4x timed battle, 1-2x massive strike and 2x wild aggression. My 6 racial team including garona could deal with that.
    Something's wrong with that statement. I'll let you figure it out yourself but I left some clues.

It's also hilarious that you seem to have the idea that blizzard is going to jump from double counter needed tops, to quad counter needed. Because that makes sense ofcourse. You seem to be under the impression that 8 counters would also make it harder to counter? That's actually not true and I first found that out when the brf actually went live. I could 100% them no problem. Why? Highmaul was 6 counters, and having a team that could counter 6/6 was rare. You'd probably have 0-2 teams that could do that if you had a balanced team. Now for 7 counters, if you only want to counter 6/7, you can probably find a team or 6-8 to do that. Now out of those teams, all it took was 1 racial or 1 environment trait or 1 high stam/burst of power/combat experience, and rest you could fill with having higher ilvl. Which is a super trivial thing to accomplish if you have a balanced team of counters, and ditched all the useless traits like tailoring, fast learning, etc.
    Now same would happen if they'd add 8 counter missions. Getting 6/8 will be super super trivial. I'm guessing 30 or so team combo's wouldn't even be that rare if you got 25 followers and balanced.. Now in that, you need 2 racials working together, or 1 racial and 2 other smaller traits, and rest is higher ilvl and you're at 100% if I'm not mistaken. Hell I don't even have Garona yet and I'm not worried about not getting to 100%. With it, it'll be even more trivial. 6/8 counters, 1x garona trait, 1x cave dweller (or whatever), rest higher ilvl. Wow, so hard.

You seem to have this idea that they'll implement super crazy hard missions, which 99.9% of the playerbase will not be able to counter 100% within next couple of months because lolrng. I really do not think that's going to happen. They'll ask for new combo's, maybe 8 counters, maybe some triple counter, but nothing crazy where you'd need a 4+ trait team for.