Deleted

Raiding tomorrow

Question: If I make a raid tomorrow, ninja all the loot and at the end claim that the loot rules were an "April 1st fools" will I be punished?

No but apparently if all you say about loot rules is "master looter, MS>OS>RR" it's not enough for Blizzard to do anything. So you can just go in with your pug, say MS>OS>RR and then ninja everything and you won't be punished.

Will you be punished? No. Are you a humongous cunt? Absolutely.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

I have always loved how people think that someone is a ninja when they don't clarify loot rules since no one asked. Ask them to clearly state how loot will be given, MS>OS is part of that, but make sure they state loot will be rolled for or decided by a loot council made up of these people. That a screen grab and then if they ninja, you can get them banned

Quote Originally Posted by Archermit View Post
    I have always loved how people think that someone is a ninja when they don't clarify loot rules since no one asked. Ask them to clearly state how loot will be given, MS>OS is part of that, but make sure they state loot will be rolled for or decided by a loot council made up of these people. That a screen grab and then if they ninja, you can get them banned
    Banned? I haven't heard of anyone who got banned becaues he ninja'ed something, worst case scenario (or maybe best?), item will be removed from ninja and given to the rightful winner. I don't think ninja'ing is a infraction worthy, leave alone bannable offense...

Also I never see people asking master looters to state "highest roll wins, MS>OS", people seem to be happy with MS>OS alone, which means nothing if RL decides to ninja (according to Blizzard at least).

Yeah pretty much what melzas said. Ninja is only a term used by the playerbase and afaik it is not recognised as a bannable offence. We are talking pixels here, and a guildless raid leader with Master Loot active telling ppl to 'up ur dmg or i kick nubs'. I don't think Blizz have ever banned someone for taking loot.

So to answer the question: No, you won't be punished. Whether it is worth a bad reputation and quite likely poor loot (i'm guessing you are not talking about Mythic BRF here) only you can decide. April fools or not Ninja looters are one step worse than loot horny whores in raid teams so I don't agree with this april fools idea

People still use Master Loot in PUGs? The odds of your group getting 0 items is very slim.

ML = My loot. Always

Deleted
    lmao op thank you so much for making me laugh this is the best shit i have READ all day

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NoClueWhatToDo View Post
    People still use Master Loot in PUGs? The odds of your group getting 0 items is very slim.
    I haven't seen a pug with personal loot in a long while now
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

I don't think you even have to go that far. I think blizz said they don't get involved with these kinds of disputes anymore. RL/ML is now god of loot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just ninja to your hearts desire. Blizz doesn't care.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure Blizzard decided to stop giving a fuck about peoples loot distribution, and for good reason. There's plenty of loot systems available. If people compulsively and exclusively join masterloot groups with ill defined lootrules, that's on them.

Quote Originally Posted by NoClueWhatToDo View Post
    lol personal loot

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    worst case scenario (or maybe best?), item will be removed from ninja and given to the rightful winner.
    IF they would take the items away from the ninja they will never give it to someone else (the rightful winner). It just gets deleted. But from what i hear that chance is slim anyway, most of the time they dont do anything.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    No but apparently if all you say about loot rules is "master looter, MS>OS>RR" it's not enough for Blizzard to do anything. So you can just go in with your pug, say MS>OS>RR and then ninja everything and you won't be punished.
    It's not clear enough. Sure, in theory, MS = Main Spec, but you could just as easily claim it was "MySelf". Stupid? Maybe. But you can't exactly prove it wasn't what the leader meant - just because it "should have" doesn't mean it did.
    Last edited by KaPe; 2015-04-01 at 12:21 PM.