Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Why the Black Desert hate? From what I've seen of it so far it looks kinda promising.
    If you havent notice zito just dont like the game no1 else has shown any hate for it yet

10+ Year Old Account
    They all lack longevity and if you can't talk friends into playing them with you, makes them worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    They all lack longevity and if you can't talk friends into playing them with you, makes them worse.
    Then make new friends. Most of my buddies from WoW refused to try out FFXIV with me and even to this very day they're complaining about having nothing to do in WoW whilst I get to enjoy fresh content on an consistent basis. I've also met a lot of great people since trying out FFXIV and find the community more engaging overall. One's mileage may vary, of course, but you generally get rewarded based on putting in some genuine effort.

We'll, I like Rift. Game seems quit dead trough.

But cant be worser than Wildstar, even with free trial witch Im trying out atm, not many ppl from 1-20. I did a who 40-49 when I was playing earliere and 1 guy popped up.

Thats just one example. That was EU PVE server.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    That was EU PVE server.
    Important to note it is the only EU PVE server out of 2 total EU servers....and you still see no one. That game needs emergency life support.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    Then make new friends.
    Easier said than done (and I don't really want to), plus I'm usually on TS with them when playing another MMO. Also when levelling, I want to do it solo, with people available to do group quests and dungeons with. When it comes to easy quests, playing with others annoys me, as they slow me down.

edit: Just wanted to add my last experience of trying to make new friends. The last MMO (apart from WoW) I got to a decent end game stage was Wildstar. I joined this guild, hoping to raid with them sooner or later. However, I couldn't stand any of them, they constantly made fun of WoW, thought LoL or Dota were the best thing ever and required so much skill to play, I'm pretty sure most of them were 14 (I made the last bit up, they just acted and sounded like they were 14). I'm not a huge fan of Moba's and I don't think they were a huge fan of my mocking of them either lol.

It's not easy finding a guild that suits you, when I've raided seriously in WoW, I've hated 99% of the people in that guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    We'll, I like Rift. Game seems quit dead trough.

But cant be worser than Wildstar, even with free trial witch Im trying out atm, not many ppl from 1-20. I did a who 40-49 when I was playing earliere and 1 guy popped up.

Thats just one example. That was EU PVE server.
    Just quoting you, to tell you that your sig is horribly inaccurate.
    Last edited by Tekkommo; 2015-04-01 at 03:13 PM.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    One interesting tidbit about Neverwinter. It is the only MMO i have ever seen that has player created content in game. It has a small world builder suite which one can use to create custom dungeons that are then uploaded to the Neverwinter servers so that they can be played by others in game. Admittedly, i have not played the game for quite some time, but some of the user generated stuff was quite good.

The game itself is an action-mmo, in a similar vein to Terra or the Diablo games. It bares mentioning though that the game is not open world. There is one major city that serves as a lobby where the player and others venture forth from in instanced activities. To be fair though the city is enormous and the last time i played was insanely populated. It may not enjoy the playerbase of some games, but when several thousand players are online literally right in front of you, it definitely feels populated.

And its F2P, supported by its cash shop.
    Last edited by Nihilan; 2015-04-01 at 03:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nobody ever mentions EVE Online in these kinds of threads.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    EVE is doing well, but EVE is a niche game even amongst niche gamers. It is absolutely not the sort of game that you can just log and mess about in. It requires substantial time investment to get going. And its steep learning curve and its hardcore pvp nature are big big turn-offs to many.

EVE has been accurately described as a "Treachery Simulator."
    Last edited by Nihilan; 2015-04-01 at 03:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kierson View Post
    While it might be financially successful, there's nothing noteworthy or discussed about the game as a whole. No one disregards what it has done, but you either like EvE and play it or it's irrelevant. For the majority of discussions about MMOs this means it is irrelevant.

Besides, no one mentioned using Excel spreadsheets in a PowerPoint presentation, which is the same thing.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kierson View Post
    I'm actually interested in EVE again, i read about how you can play an explorer role and pretty much get away with doing a lot of things solo.

Seeing people I know dropping out of WoD to go play FF XIV.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    I have been considering the game as well. Its difficult to sit here and be content with the current state of WoD when one hears about the absolute deluge of content that FFXVI gets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    I've been considering it again, but when I start thinking about it, I can't decide on a class. I have a Warrior (is it called Warrior? Can't remember) in the mid-late 30s, but I got pretty bored of him and that's why I stopped playing.

I still have the SWTOR expansion to play, but I can't motivate myself to play it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelathos View Post
    I imagine Final Fantasy 14 is doing quite well given their horde of content updates and impending expansion.
    Tera might still be kicking, don't know if it's doing well.
    It's funny FFXIV has blown up since WoD came out. I see new people all the time. For clarification purposes when you are new you get a sprout next to your name until you hit a certain level. People in FFXIV are pretty mice to new people I had people make me a bunch of gear when I was leveling just to help out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    I've been considering it again, but when I start thinking about it, I can't decide on a class. I have a Warrior (is it called Warrior? Can't remember) in the mid-late 30s, but I got pretty bored of him and that's why I stopped playing.
    Yeah it's called warrior it's a tank.

Which mmos are the most "similar" to FF XIV referring to world/setting, combat, leveling, endgame, classes/talents?
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

ESO and GW2 are kicking. WoW is still as well.

I personally like ESO, but I can't tell if the population is due to the dropped sub comeback or not.

Um, I hear good things about FF14, but it's just not my cup of tea.

I also hear good things about Neverwinter but I haven't tried it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    Which mmos are the most "similar" to FF XIV referring to world/setting, combat, leveling, endgame, classes/talents?
    Nothing? They have a monopoly on that style and unique blend of traditional elements with modern elements. If you reduce it enough to be comparable to other MMOs it's not really an accurate description. That's why it is so successful. Any one element might be very on point with another game, even WoW let's say, but the whole package is pretty much above the rest of the field of traditional MMOs.
    BAD WOLF

well the combat, leveling, and endgame are very much in the wow diku mode

world/setting, well it's FF

the classes/talent/jobs, probably the most unique part of the game (although if you really want to break it down, I'm sure you'll find it similar other games)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    well the combat, leveling, and endgame are very much in the wow diku mode
    Combat is slower, leveling is not like WoW other than the fact that XP makes you level, and end game is like any traditional end game except acquiring loot and how you get there is different. This is why I said you can't really compare like this. There is not a single game I can honestly say is 'like' FFXIV unless I'm talking about specific minutiae.

I even tried to think of a way to say it was like AA, because asian aesthetic and the way classes work, but I just couldn't. Nothing is accurate. It has its own flavor and that's why it's doing so well.
    BAD WOLF