10+ Year Old Account

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, possible PC port?

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/10/...-esrb-addition

This article was published back in October. The ESRB have given SotN a rating for PC. Has there been any further information as to what this is all about?

I didn't have a PS1, and I've actually never played his classic. Is there any way of playing it on PC apart from using a PS1 emulator? I hate messing around with emulators for disc based consoles.

Quote Originally Posted by calmsea View Post
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/10/...-esrb-addition

This article was published back in October. The ESRB have given SotN a rating for PC. Has there been any further information as to what this is all about?

I didn't have a PS1, and I've actually never played his classic. Is there any way of playing it on PC apart from using a PS1 emulator? I hate messing around with emulators for disc based consoles.
    It was ported to the xbox 360 a couple years back, That's how I played it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can only assume that is the version they would port. I don't own any consoles, and probably never will, so unfortunately, I can't play that port.

The ESRB specifically referencing PC in their rating in October 2014 is promising.

There is no PC port of Castlevania: Symphony of the Night yet.

That being said, the 2D action-RPG style Castlevanias are almost uniformly good, both SoTN and the parade of them on the Gameboy Advance and DS. You should play them. Uh, somehow. Legally, probably, just like I did. Yep, that's the ticket.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mirrors of Fate is like Symphony of the Night Lite, so if you are REALLY jonesing for 2D Castlevania, then you could get that.

(Even though I say its SotN Lite, its still a pretty fun game where you get to play as 4 different Belmonts)

Whatever they do, they better not add the PSP voice acting.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    I had no idea they decided to redub SOTN. Why? Why did they do that?

I have the emulator on my PSP, as well as a PS1 copy somewhere. One of my favorite games of all time, and a pc port would be awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    I haven't heard the PSP voice acting, but the voice acting of SotN is honestly...legendary levels of bad. Can't imagine it is worse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I do not have enough hands to apply enough palms to my face.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrgannus View Post
    I haven't heard the PSP voice acting, but the voice acting of SotN is honestly...legendary levels of bad. Can't imagine it is worse.
    Well, bad or not the point is that it is legendary because of the way it is. Also they seem to talk like they are in the past, which fits. The PSP version is bland as hell and boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrgannus View Post
    The original actors were hamming it up (Dracula in particular) and it was glorious. The new dubbing just seems bland.
    Last edited by unholytestament; 2015-03-31 at 11:42 PM. Reason: Quoted wrong post...

The ham voice acting is clearly superior but if it's that vital you could just watch a Youtube of it. It's not really notable after the opening, and they cut the hilarious "I Am The Wind" from rereleases anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can buy it on the PS3's PlayStation network, untouched from its original format, cost like 10 bucks, i have it on my PS3.

If they keep the game true to the original PS version, and maybe touch-up the graphics for modern HD resolutions, I'd be ready to invest in the PC release.

10+ Year Old Account
    Obtaining an ESRB rating just this past October and then saying nothing about it is such a tease.