Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Awbee View Post
    I personally don't quite get the point, since I find it more exciting to get an upgrade via a dungeon than to wear the same heirloom for 100 levels; but hey, I can just take the heirlooms off, so it's alright.

I think, if they are bothering to go to this point. They might as well make a piece of loom for every slot. They have stated prior that they don't want to do this because they believe at least a few upgrades should still feel worth going after. Most people that are going to use looms in the first place are doing so just to get to the end as fast as possible. They could careless about getting upgrades along the way to cap. This is the reason I won't bother to put all my looms above the 90 cap. Its not like it really takes that much of an effort to get to 100 once you been through the content once or twice and learned the fastest path through to the end. The only reason all my looms are 90, is because they were grandfathered in, otherwise they would never saw 90 either.

this is the kind of stuff they tune? srsly?

Quote Originally Posted by krisiteenie56 View Post
    to a point. dungeons are MUCH faster all the way to about 68. After that queues will slow down if you arent tank or heals.
    Oh, I was just referencing WoD for the most part since they were referring to the heirloom upgrades at 91-100.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMediator View Post
    Makes sense to spend thousands of gold for a weapon that is outclassed by some blue from a faceroll dungeon right?

Heirlooms should be stronger but only cover specific slots IMO. The issue is heirloom coverage is getting too wide. I think there are less than a handful of slots that are NOT covered by heirlooms now.
    See...I'd rather have heirlooms all over. There's essentially no point in replacing gear as you level when you start it cap for the main stuff. Leveling should be about leveling, gaining abilities, etc. Maybe some sidegrades on gear that make you choose between bonus, the gear and replacing it with the BoA next level.

If this was back in Vanilla where you were going to be roughly the same level for quite awhile I'd understand, but now even without BoA's, leveling is pretty fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Alayea View Post
    I don't think every slot should have an heirloom, either. Having an heirloom for every slot would make all the non-heirloom leveling gear fully obsolete, at which point Blizzard would probably not bother with dungeon loot drops at all outside of max level. I know, I know -- you can just elect not to equip any heirlooms, but I personally like having a mix of heirloom with non-heirloom gear.
    Not really. All they have to do is make the normal version then slap heroic + increased ilvl on it and repeat the same gear. So it's not like much effort goes into it. There are plenty of people who still don't use BoA's and use gear leveling.

To add further to this. Here's a rough idea what they did based on my 97 mage:

Old level 573 - New level 590

At 100 this means: Old level 600 - New Level 605.

So not really much of an improvement once you get to cap. Wish it would've used the scaling the Garrosh weapons did as my staff is sitting at 605 at 97. Not like they couldn't, because you can get 640's in whatever slot you wanted, even if it's capped it wouldn't hurt to let them scale more.

almost april 1, fear all 'change' incoming !

Deleted
    omg, forget this kind of ****, bring some infos about the upcoming 6.2 patch, cant wait anymore. hope they dont let us down this time and we dont have wait for too long.

Deleted
    Becouse f*ck normal gear, better delete all dungeon gear and have the bosses drop increased XP or some shit right? The heirloom addition is one of the worst things in WoW.

You know how they say it... If ya don't like it, don't use it. Bitch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not that necessary of a change but it's ok. At lvl 94 the drops from iron docks were 550 and the heirlooms were only at 547. The looms would pass the drops once you hit 95.

Quote Originally Posted by Awbee View Post
    I personally don't quite get the point, since I find it more exciting to get an upgrade via a dungeon than to wear the same heirloom for 100 levels; but hey, I can just take the heirlooms off, so it's alright.
    Because after the first 5 100's I'm not excited anymore just let me boost to 100 already.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by Miley View Post
    Not that necessary of a change but it's ok. At lvl 94 the drops from iron docks were 550 and the heirlooms were only at 547. The looms would pass the drops once you hit 95.
    Not really. After 95 the curve got hit harder and many of the quest rewards were several ilvls ahead of the heirlooms.

Heirlooms were the best thing to ever happen to this game. However, they are already in enough slots. The dungeon bosses should be adjusted to give more of the off slot items more often. Then, the dungeon quest rewards should be set to give more of the heirloom slot items more often. It should be a higher chance to get items for your off slots and guaranteed for those without looms to get items comparable to them for the slots they occupy.

10+ Year Old Account
    For someone just wanting a full set of level 100 toons of every class I welcome this change, after my 6th level 100 alt, like an earlier poster, I too really can't get excited for dungeon loot anymore.

For those bitching away, don't use heirlooms if they bother you so much, dungeon loot apart from the trinkets aren't all 'exciting' to get anyways.

I don't even do dungeons in WoD, questing is just so damn fast. The only dungeon before heroics I bother with is Skyreach for the 640 ring. Between garrison rewards and crafted gear, getting 610 happens pretty quick.

Deleted
    April Fools!?

No? They actually spent a second thought on this?

Deleted
    600 - 605... wow

Who would've been hurt, if they just let it scale to 620?

Quote Originally Posted by Epsi View Post
    600 - 605... wow

Who would've been hurt, if they just let it scale to 620?
    No one, but who knows. There was a tweet stating they were going to look at adjusting stats on them so maybe they'll fix ilvls again then too? I really wish that at expansion levels were set to scale to the new versions of that gear.

Such as:

60 - To TBC instead of Vanilla
    70 - To Wrath instead of TBC
    80 - To Cata instead of Wrath
    85 - To MoP instead of Cata
    90 - To WoD instead of MoP.

That's just me though.

Here's the tweet for reference: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...1719?page=5#85

@WarcraftDevs Could the Polished Helm of Valor possibly get a change? Both it and the Might have Haste, which the Valor set is Crit-based.
    Originally Posted by @WarcraftDevs (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...1719?page=5#85[/URL]"]Thank you for the feedback. This and other Heirloom stat changes are being addressed in an upcoming patch.
    Last edited by Lucetia; 2015-03-31 at 11:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Winterstrife View Post
    For those bitching away, don't use heirlooms if they bother you so much, dungeon loot apart from the trinkets aren't all 'exciting' to get anyways.
    Be careful, using that logic might offend someone and then they will go on a crusade about how its too efficient to use them to do other wise until blizzard removes the BoA's just like they did flight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Have you seen my posts over the past few days? You should be asking yourself why I'm alive, not why I don't have friends.
    Change is inevitable, Growth is optional.

Deleted
    mh... was hoping for ilvl 610~615, so you could at least jump right into heroic dungeons
    Last edited by mmoc0e42a829df; 2015-04-01 at 02:18 AM.

What an awesome way to kill incentive for people to run dungeons while leveling! Afterall, dungeon gear scales with level just like heirlooms do, right?

I mean, it's not like anyone gives a shit about running dungeons once they hit max lvl, let's just make them completely irrelevant altogether!

Who the fuck in their right mind is making these decisions???

I still feel like Heirloom ilvl at 90 is too low. You can just as easily get the Timeless ilvl483 gear, so why not put the Heirlooms to that level?