Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    Based on the wording it doesn't even apply to me since I don't want to get married.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    As I said before, a business should have the right to refuse service to anybody they want, just as people don't have to go to that business. If Bob's Fishing Supplies wants to be racist or bigoted, that should be Bob's right, as stupid as it might be. If enough people disagree with Bob, they won't shop there and Bob will have to close up shop when business dries up.

There shouldn't even be the concept of "You told me to leave so I'm going to sue you".

Lol looks like someone hasn't gotten to the CRA of 1964. I'm pretty sure its in freshman social studies so t hat being said you should probably be old enough to pay taxes before expressing your opinion on tax payer issues.

Bob should have the right to think whatever he wants, and he shouldn't be sued for not selling the fishing poles in his garage to a gay man. HOWEVER Bob's shop needs water/electric/sewage/data/voice to run. Those key infrastructures that make his business possible are paid for with gay/straight/white/black/jewish/muslim tax contributions. If he wants to build his business with out using any of those subsidized services then he should be able to make any policy he wants....but as long as he's part of the community market he has to accept all members of the community.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    Based on the wording it doesn't even apply to me since I don't want to get married.
    It doesn't make it any better...

Segregation didn't apply to whites. Doesn't make it ok.

Source: http://news.yahoo.com/arkansas-gover...154925529.html

Asa Hutchinson has caved and is sending the bill back to the legislature for revision to include protections against discrimination.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    Asa Hutchinson has caved and is sending the bill back to the legislature for revision to include protections against discrimination.
    I wonder how all of this is going to play out in the GOP clown car scramble for the presidential nomination in 2016?

Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    If your sexual orientation is your religion you don't have the right to force it on anyone else either. Who speaks out for the poor people that are being setup by radical organizations because of their religious beliefs?.
    Sorry but I have NEVER seen a gay person force their beliefs on anyone either. And if you think being gay is a religion, then you are insane. They just want to be treated like the human beings they are. If you don't like it and own a business, you can't deny them entrance to your establishment. Otherwise you shouldn't own that establishment. Simple as that. That is why Indiana is backing theirs down now with so many people pulling out of the state.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    To put it another way: There was a thing about a bakery that refused to make a cake for a gay wedding, and it was decried as bigoted and discriminatory. Would be it equally discrimination if a bakery refused to make a cake that had an anti-gay message on it? What about a cake with a swastika (the Nazi symbol, not the real one)? In other words, if it's discrimination to refuse service to A, it should also be discrimination to refuse service to B.
    Really? You don't see the difference between "I will bake you a cake, just not that one because of what it says" and "I just won't bake you a cake at all because of who you are"?