Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

can Riot ban you for being a bad player?

Bad as in "not good at the game", not as in "behaving in toxic manner". I read somewhere that people can report you for not being a good player. Is this just hyperbole, or is this actually a legitimate reason to be reported and banned?

Deleted
    can they? yes, pretty sure they can ban you for whatever they like. will they? no highly unlikely

Deleted
    You cannot get legitimately banned for being really bad at the game, not even from ranked, unfortunately :P

There is an option to report people for being unskilled, but it can only lower your non-ranked MMR, according to what they say. Realistically, it's probably just a placebo :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok, let's add a few things up.

I remember a thread on League's GD once where a player did nothing wrong and said nothing except to request people to report him after the game. Sure enough, he got banned.

Riot has an automated system that will ban you based on volume of reports. Enough people report you for being bad, yes, you will get banned, even if those reports are not legitimate.

And there are people that will get mad at you and send illegitimate reports for having a bad game.

Basically, yes, you can be banned for being bad at the game. It's not likely, though, unless you play a LOT or feed uncontrollably in every game.

I agree with Deylana, the unskilled player option is probably just a placebo for the backwards thinking individuals who think it matters. If enough people who have good report standings (meaning when they report someone it is for an actual reason rather than them reporting because they are butt hurt about a loss or something) report you then i suppose you'd get a warning and then a ranked restriction. I don't know the actual procedure and policy but getting outright banned would require you to use some pretty colorful language and imagination.
    There's also nothing stopping Blizzard from resurrecting both Arthas and Archimonde and turning them into super saiyans so that they can fuse and fight Sargeras

Deleted
    you can report players for being unskilled but it does close to nothing

it's there so you can poke riot and say "hey, this player is unskilled and shouldn't be playing at the current MMR" , if they actually take notice of it? i have no clue

Pretty sure they have a seperate non-ranked "queue" for players that afk frequently or harrass or are just simply unskilled. I remember them saying something like players that experience disconnects frequently either our fault or theirs are put into a different pool with other players experiencing related issues. This was back during a q&a for one of their award systems I believe, i'd assume this would keep a small portion of verbal abusers, afkers and noobs/newbs out of the regular pool of players. Theyve always been rather discreet about how their rankings and mmr work. Even ranked doesnt show you everything that goes on between your own rank and the other 9 players you got queued with.
    "They will come for us now, all of them" "Let them come, Frostmourne The Banshee Queen hungers."

Quote Originally Posted by Thrizar View Post
    Pretty sure they have a seperate non-ranked "queue" for players that afk frequently or harrass or are just simply unskilled. I remember them saying something like players that experience disconnects frequently either our fault or theirs are put into a different pool with other players experiencing related issues. This was back during a q&a for one of their award systems I believe, i'd assume this would keep a small portion of verbal abusers, afkers and noobs/newbs out of the regular pool of players. Theyve always been rather discreet about how their rankings and mmr work. Even ranked doesnt show you everything that goes on between your own rank and the other 9 players you got queued with.
    Nope, that's not true. The main issue with LoL is that they stated repeatedly that they hate the concept of "prisoner island" (aka what you described) and that they put "toxic" players with good players intentionally so that the toxic ones will turn into awesomely nice players!
    The issue is that in a game where 1 single player can fuck the game and then force you to stay in game with him for at least 20 minutes... it works the other way around. More and more people turn "toxic" because there's only so many times you can get fucktards ruining your game.

An unranked account with 21k IP is 10 euros or you can get ~250 accounts for 20 euros if you want to wait a month. Any decent player needs around 20-30 games to get plat-high plat with Diamond 3 MMR. You can literally pay 20 euros and troll in Diamond/Highplat people for 50 games/account before the automatic ban...per account. Those are 5000 troll games for 20 euros.

And you can get banned/chat restricted/ranked restricted for any reason.

I got ranked+chat restricted on my main for some reason so I started playing my smurf that's in low platinum just to check something. I got 75 chat + 35 ranked restrictions within 30 games.
    The best part? I disabled all chat and put everyone on mute at the start of the game. I also maintained a "decent" win rate, 92% or 46-4.
    Last edited by Ichifails; 2015-04-01 at 04:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coolascancer View Post
    I agree with Deylana, the unskilled player option is probably just a placebo for the backwards thinking individuals who think it matters. If enough people who have good report standings (meaning when they report someone it is for an actual reason rather than them reporting because they are butt hurt about a loss or something) report you then i suppose you'd get a warning and then a ranked restriction. I don't know the actual procedure and policy but getting outright banned would require you to use some pretty colorful language and imagination.

the option to report someone for being unskilled actually does have 1 effect and 1 effect only. The system will never match you up with that person again to play with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shammypie View Post
    the option to report someone for being unskilled actually does have 1 effect and 1 effect only. The system will never match you up with that person again to play with.
    That is entirely false. It'd be way too easy to abuse in Challenger / Master tier.

15+ Year Old Account
    Outside ORG sending your children down the mines.
    haha no, but I fucking wish that were the case.

Quote Originally Posted by shammypie View Post
    I wish. I do that in hopes it does
    Blizzard White Knighting is not allowed

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Nye the Spy View Post
    I wish. I do that in hopes it does
    ignoring a player will also make the system try to not match you up with that player again from what i know

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by agnow View Post
    ignoring a player will also make the system try to not match you up with that player again from what i know
    Again, false due to being way too abusable.

Deleted
    No. That would bring down the playerbase to about 25%.

Quote Originally Posted by Ever present View Post
    No. That would bring down the playerbase to about 25%.
    If you ban all the below average players, eventually you would have no players left at all.

Can't imagine anyone legitimately being so bad that there's no place for them even in lowest league.

Quote Originally Posted by Illusion View Post
    can they? yes, pretty sure they can ban you for whatever they like. will they? no highly unlikely
    my thoughts exactly
    LFGdating
    Currently playing: WoW, D3, SC2, and wait for it ... Red Alert 3. (And possibly some Goldeneye here or there.)

Deleted
    Riot very rarely bans anyone these days, people just get slapped with automatic chat restriction if they get enough reports

Yes, i already been baned with rage on team