Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Does anyone else think the Combat Rogue tier bonus sucks?

Ok am i looking at this wrong or what...

The Combat Rogue 2 set on the current tier gear is "(2) Set (Combat): Increases the chance for Revealing Strike to generate an extra Combo Point by 20%."

Poisoners Tunic

I reckon this is easily the worst 2 set across the entire game and demonstrates loud and clear just how little Bllizzard know about Rogue gameplay...

I am hitting Revealing Strike approx every 22-24 seconds to refresh the buff which lasts for 24seconds. So are we really getting a 20% chance for 1 extra combo point every 22-24 seconds?

Mathematically we will be getting 1 extra combo point every 5 x 24seconds = 120seconds (2minutes)

1 extra combo point every 2 minutes, Wow that really is a significant increase to our dps :*(

Looks like i will wait till i get the 4 set before i use the tier gear...

It increases the chance of the RvS debuff to generate an additional CP.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    It increases the chance of the RvS debuff to generate an additional CP.
    So how often does this 20% chance trigger?

Quote Originally Posted by Endemonadia View Post
    So how often does this 20% chance trigger?
    On every sinister strike
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    On every sinister strike
    So why does the tooltip say Revealing Strike?

Because Revealing Strike is the one debuffing the target and the corresponfing debuff on the target is called Revealing Strike.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

If you look at Revealing Strike the tooltip says nothing about Revealing Strike having a chance to generate an extra Combo Point. It says it gives Sinister Strike a chance at generating an extra Combo Point. The 2pc T17 bonus says "Increases the chance", so that means Sinister Strike has a 25% + 20% = 45% chance at generating an extra Combo Point.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiska View Post
    It says it gives Sinister Strike a chance at generating an extra Combo Point.
    I cannot see the words "Sinister Strike" anywhere... where does it say that?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Endemonadia View Post
    I cannot see the words "Sinister Strike" anywhere... where does it say that?
    The "Revealing Strike" referred to by the set bonus refers to the debuff which is named "Revealing Strike", not the spell "Revealing Strike".

It is just very badly written. it causes a lot confusion but can be tested quite easily. You get a 45% for SS to generate an additional combo point, like the othe posters said.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinthanor View Post
    It is just very badly written. it causes a lot confusion but can be tested quite easily. You get a 45% for SS to generate an additional combo point, like the othe posters said.
    Cool this is the answer i was looking for!

So basically theyve worded the tooltip incredibly badly... cos as it reads it looks like u get 20% for every time you use RS.

Also, in regards to whether you should use two pieces of T17 or not, please use http://shadowcraft.mmo-mumble.com/ to figure out if it's a dps increase for you.

Deleted
    Also, in regards to whether you should use two pieces of T17 or not, please use http://shadowcraft.mmo-mumble.com/ to figure out if it's a dps increase for you.
    Im pretty sure its not cos im 687 geared without any of the tier items, and i only have 2 heroic tier token and 2 normals. One heroic tier is the head piece and im using Engineers 685 head. The other heroic tier is the chest and i just got socketed 700 Mythic chest.
    Last edited by mmoc978ad45763; 2015-04-01 at 11:53 AM.

Run it through Shadowcraft and see how the numbers turn out.

Deleted
    4 Set is huge for combat rogues. Dont dismiss it so easily without doing the numbers. I was replacing Mythic gear for Normal tier at the start that is how strong the tier set it.

You're reading into it too much like others have said. Combat rogues have one of the THE best tier bonuses. 4 piece is INSANE and 2 piece, you'll feel like you're generating honestly twice as many combo points. I know it's only a 20% buff but it feels like a massive difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanatu View Post
    you'll feel like you're generating honestly twice as many combo points. I know it's only a 20% buff but it feels like a massive difference.
    You generate nearly twice as many bonus CPs from RvS.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadohw View Post
    4 Set is huge for combat rogues. Dont dismiss it so easily without doing the numbers. I was replacing Mythic gear for Normal tier at the start that is how strong the tier set it.
    Combat 4 set would be really strong if it weren't for that Anticipation bug. With the bug still not resolved, the 4 set bonus is only good, not great.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorefel View Post
    Combat 4 set would be really strong if it weren't for that Anticipation bug. With the bug still not resolved, the 4 set bonus is only good, not great.
    The bug is solved for me. There's a workaround you can find on the Ravenholdt forums.

Deleted
    The bug is solved for me. There's a workaround you can find on the Ravenholdt forums.
    I'm not completely sure about the workaround. I think the workaround works about 50% of the time all the time ;-)
    Plus changing your spec/talents and gear than switching back is a complete pain in the buttocks if you are doing progression, which means you need to repeat the steps once every 3-4 minutes on average.