Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Melee DPS (Easiest Rotation)

Hello all,

I am wondering, currently, which MDPS classes have the easiest rotations to the most difficult. I currently play a Ret and consider the rotation for it be fairly simple. Thinking about playing another MDPS class and due to my high ms (overseas) I am looking for something that isn't super complex or unforgiving in rotation. Any help is appreciated!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigRah View Post
    Hello all,

I am wondering, currently, which MDPS classes have the easiest rotations to the most difficult. I currently play a Ret and consider the rotation for it be fairly simple. Thinking about playing another MDPS class and due to my high ms (overseas) I am looking for something that isn't super complex or unforgiving in rotation. Any help is appreciated!
    You are already playing the easiest one

Combat rogue. End of story. Orders of magnitude easier than ret or anything else.

Assassination and combat rogues are really easy. So are frost DKs and warriors of either spec.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Assassination and combat rogues are really easy. So are frost DKs and warriors of either spec.
    Any spec is easy if you play it dimwitted. Combat requires timing of bandits guile and assassination requires timing on when to clip dots and correctly timed cd's. ALl rogues require energy and cp pooling plus some of the talents actual have a higher skillcap like marked for death.

Ret requires yo uto be in melee range of the boss and have everything on cd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cat Druid.

Deleted
    To maximise Combat dps is not easy at all.

Assass is probably the easiest melee dps rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    Any spec is easy if you play it dimwitted. Combat requires timing of bandits guile and assassination requires timing on when to clip dots and correctly timed cd's. ALl rogues require energy and cp pooling plus some of the talents actual have a higher skillcap like marked for death.

Ret requires yo uto be in melee range of the boss and have everything on cd.
    "My easy class is actually hard, but this other class I don't play is easy."

Got it.

Deleted
    "My easy class is actually hard, but this other class I don't play is easy."

Got it.
    I play mage

I'm curious, what do you play?
    Last edited by mmocfe2bab4c21; 2015-04-01 at 10:50 AM.

Deleted
    You forgot Min-Max positioning, toggling Blade Flurry correctly, Killing Spree timing so u dont die! Rogues also probably have the most defensive cds to pop correctly during every boss encounter too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    Cat Druid.
    With the Claw addon, its so simple even I can do it.

Deleted
    You are already playing the easiest one
    If you blindly follow CLCret like a 5 year old, it's very easy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Endemonadia View Post
    You forgot Min-Max positioning, toggling Blade Flurry correctly, Killing Spree timing so u dont die! Rogues also probably have the most defensive cds to pop correctly during every boss encounter too.
    Positioning is true for every melee class tbh. Toggle blade furry well. I guess. Its just a button tho. Killing spree Definately.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arawn1997 View Post
    If you blindly follow CLCret like a 5 year old, it's very easy.
    Having everything on cd is easy with or without an addon. I literally didnt need to read up on anything on mine. its completely faceroll.

Deleted
    Positioning is true for every melee class tbh. Toggle blade furry well. I guess. Its just a button tho. Killing spree Definately.
    Melee positioning is more important for Combat for the simple reason of BF. If u aint in the right location then your dps suffers massively.

I agree that all melee positioning is the same for boss mechanics, but Combat has a dps reason for 'more' positioning.

The defensives i pop during pretty much every fight are Cloak (approx 3-10 times every fight), Feint (3-10 times every fight), Combat Readiness (2 or 3 times per fight) and also Evasion if we lose a tank and i take aggro off the boss.

Its basically a total lol to say Combat is easiest melee dps to play... Assass is LOADS simpler.
    Last edited by mmoc978ad45763; 2015-04-01 at 10:58 AM.

Deleted
    Melee positioning for Combat is more important for Combat for the simple reason of BF. If u aint in the right location then your dps suffers massively.

All melee positioning is the same for boss mechanics yes but Combat has a dps reason to position too.

The defensives i pop during pretty much every fight are Cloak (approx 3-10 times every fight), Feint (3-10 times every fight), Combat Readiness (2 or 3 times per fight) and also Evasion if we lose a tank and i take aggro off the boss.

Its basically a total lol to say Combat is easiest melee dps to play... Assass is LOADS simpler.
    The positioning is important yes. But its not really that hard. I'm not sure i agree that assassination is LOADS simpler

Deleted
    The positioning is important yes. But its not really that hard. I'm not sure i agree that assassination is LOADS simpler
    Take Beastlord for example... im constantly moving throughout the entire fight whereas our DKs can stand still during some phases and still dps everything. Im pretty sure Warriors also dont need to move during those phases too.

Deleted
    Take Beastlord for example... im constantly moving throughout the entire fight whereas our DKs can stand still during some phases and still dps everything. Im pretty sure Warriors also dont need to move during those phases too.
    If they want to do damage to adds they have to move jsut as much as you.

10+ Year Old Account
    From my experience. Combat rogue is easiest for me. Keep up two easy, long buffs. Spam main attack until 5 combo and spend it.

Shaman has LOTS of abilities with priorities and twitch response needed

DK has runic, rune, and various dot and buff management

Cat Druid has lots of buff management

Warrior has rage management and ability priority management

I don't have experience with Paladin or Monk. Notably, a hunter may also be an option for you, and their rotation is fairly simple as well (spam barrage amirite?)
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Warriors fury is unforgiving if you miss manage rage due to high ping, I do not recommend. It is quite easy to spam wildstrike one too many times because of it's 0.75 sec global cd.

Deleted
    For those saying ret is the easiest... just no. Try playing it with the 4set. Playing ret 100% perfect is actually quite hard, especially min/maxing procs.

Easiest is probably arms warrior by a large margin, then assassination. There are still nuances to each spec though.