Armory
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...achea/advanced

Recent Flamebender Fight:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...-done&source=2
    Summary: ~33k dps and ~8m damage done to primary target

Comparable Fight (in duration and ilvl)
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...one&source=108
    Summary: ~52k dps and 11m damage done to primary target

Ignoring the RNG aspect of 7 deceit procs vs 18, I'm noticing the following issues that I'm unable to explain:
    1) My Eviscerates are hitting for ~10k less. Given identical ilvl, I don't understand how this could be
    2) 104 SS vs 130 SS. Given very similar BF uptime (lower energy regen), and me spamming the skill, I don't see how I have so many fewer SS
    3) Far lower number of instant poison procs

There might be other glaring issues I'm missing as well. I understand RNG and all, and I'm not thinking I should consistently be 20k dps higher, but I'd like to think about a consistent 45k should be attainable. I know I'm doing something wrong on the fight because my numbers look really low, but I'm not sure where the problem is.

I'm hoping it's something really dumb that I'm messing up - looking for any advice on improving my play.

- - - Updated - - -

*bump* Anyone?

I'm only really posting this to say that's a clever transmog, and I plan to steal ... I mean flatter you by imitating it sometime in the future. But I feel bad saying that without offering any advice. Problem is, I neither use nor understand this whole "logs" fad that has swept the WoW gaming world. And I feel embarressed about that, being a mythic raider/realm 1st'er. I guess I feel like THIS guy.

That said, speaking as someone who neither uses nor understands Logs.... is it a Haste issue? The Armoury for the guy you linked to is 404, and Shadowcraft has him in Sub spec, so it's hard to say what he wears in Combat fights. But even ignoring how you're obviously gemming Multistrike for both Specs, when you play Combat, even the normal-quality Meaty Trophy trinket is better than Mythic Scales, and should be farmed non-stop until you grab it. Also, don't forget that the BoE Heroic Iron-Flecked Sandals are better for combat than your Mythic Mountainwalker's Boots, and can be suprisingly cheap on the AH these days. I've seen them between 6K-15K on any given day. I would also recommend putting a Haste enchant on both Multistrike-heavy hammers, not just one... but enchants are still argued on this place to this day, so that's not a cold, hard fact. But hey, it works for me... and him, according to the Buff tab on logs.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful. I only really came to say nice transmog.
    Last edited by thottstation; 2015-04-04 at 02:20 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    You're SnD and RvS uptime are great. Switching the enchants is... Interesting. If you're going combat on that fight haste is more valuable.
    This might be a new change, but I see you have MfD. anticipation is definitely a better option for this fight, no wasted cps.

Looking at logs, you're taking a lot of damage. You only used cloak once so I'm assuming it's because your tanks are bad at moving. That could be enough to make the difference. Also, you want a gruul trinket asap. And the awful deceit proc rate is just bad rng.

PS: Your xmog is great, I'm kinda sad I can't copy it!
    Last edited by Kyzawolf; 2015-04-04 at 02:43 AM.

Lol - Thank you both...I've been trying for some time for a "bulkier" rogue mog and was pretty happy with this one.

I've been going over the logs repeatedly, and really can't figure out where the major flaws were. It's a pretty sad state if a discrepancy this large can be attributed to RNG, but I don't think that's fully the case.

I'll log more next week and see if I can figure it out - thanks for the help.

Comparing the replays, the other guild tanked both cinderwolves within melee (Blade Flurry) range...for the most part.
    Also, without being able to find the other guy's armory, it looks like a difference in Haste.
    Your energy gains:

Their energy gains:
    Last edited by Merope; 2015-04-06 at 04:23 PM.

I'm certainly no rogue expert but I tend to agree that it is a haste difference. The extra number of SSs that he got in during a shorter fight is huge, and of course SS really drives the whole combat rogue toolkit -- he cycled Bandit's Guile faster and spent a larger portion of his time in Red etc. The fact that he got 845 more energy than you (~29%) in twenty less seconds really tells the story. Obviously those Deceit procs didn't help -- every free eviscerate he got that you didn't is +25 energy. That's almost a third of the energy difference right there.

As far as the average hit values, there are really two possibilities or combinations: 1) You may have the same overall ilvl, but he has it where it counts more (most obvious example being MH weapon, but possibly OH and trinkets--your MH looks very good, but his armory isn't available so I can't compare); 2) his fight was shorter overall, so he spent a larger percentage of his time inside Bloodlust, trinket procs, etc. Combined with also spending more time in red state, that may do it.

Deleted
    Things I see which make a difference (but I'm not sure, whether it really makes the almost 20k difference)
    - No anticipation (esp. with 4pc set bonus) => this can waste ALOT of combo points
    - No haste enchants (which makes sense for dual spec but lowers your DPS on mostly ST fights) => this explains the difference in energy gains
    - More Blade Furry uptime (in a longer fight) => lost haste again
    - Coin seriously sucks for combat (and you even missed one application - should pop on 0, 2 and 4 minute and your fight was > 5min. Same applies for racial btw)
    - No 2nd pot
    - Longer fight overall (this makes things like pre-pot and hero less valueable overall) => this makes a somewhat remarkable difference
    - He's got a little more ilvl on the kill

Also: you just had some bad luck vs. him having alot of luck.

You: 48 evisc and only 7 Deceit (while 20% would be almost 10)
    Him: 58 evisc and _18_ Deceit (while 20% would be only around 12)

So in the end it's a combination of everything (talents, items, playstyle, skill and bad luck)

Hope this helps in some way.

Really appreciate the responses, and agree with all the points. I will say that the last time I checked the 4pc and anticipation still didn't play well with each other, but maybe that's changed...I'll give it a try next week.

That log you are comparing to is from February 24, which is the one day Master of Subtlety was bugged and Combat rogues could use it to get a permanent 15% damage increase. It doesn't account for the whole difference (he would have done ~42k dps without it), but it's possible he was using it. It doesn't show up on logs for whatever reason, probably because the buff is activated before the fight and doesn't go away during the fight.
    Last edited by Riokou; 2015-04-07 at 08:01 PM.