Thread: PVE dps balance

Angry PVE dps balance

Is Blizzard simply unaware of the huge dps imbalance among the classes atm, or do they just not care?

If you don't believe there is a huge dps imbalance check out this: warcraftlogs com/rankings/7#class=DeathKnight&spec=Frost

Where are the frost dks at for mythic blackhand, kromog, blast furnace? I go to mages and I see all 10 ranks at least listed on every mythic fight...

Even on fights where they are ranking they do straight up 20k less single target dps then some classes. Thats a 20-40% dps difference due to just playing a different spec/class then someone else with the SAME ilvl and SKILL.

This is not a fact that X class is easier to play then Y class, all classes are difficult to play at their best and have unique ways of squeezing out extra dps.
    If anyone happens to know why there are several specs that are hugely under performing vs a select few atm I would love to know why.

My toon is Titanzdeath-Korgath for those who are curious
    This is not coming from some noob btw I have several 90%+ parses on relevant fights and had a rank 1 for a month.
    Last edited by Titanzdeath; 2015-04-02 at 08:25 AM.

Frost has been demoted to a PVP spec. Honestly I'm glad it did, frost is easy and boring shouldn't be competitive.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've said it before. PvP skills and PvE skills need to be separated (EQ2 did this, skills had individual adjustments).
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Usually it has something to do with pvp or you could say their niche sometime.
    Frost mage are in a similar place.
    My friend was playing frost dk and switched to unholy only because it was stronger tho, in every aspect.
    I think frost kinda needs a boost atm and should receive a pvp nerf countering the pve boost so that it won't affect pvp at all since they are strong in pvp already.

Was your rank 1 for a month as Frost? Because no one plays frost.

As much as people hate Sims, well, the difference isn't that big on them. In the real world, the best players will almost always gravitate towards the best specs. Some of the worst real world parsing specs would definitely look a lot better if they had some of the best players playing them.

Difference on sims is still bigger than it should be, though. 54k Arcane to 44k Arms, a ~22% difference. That being said, with all the cleaving/aoe in BrF, the difference will be even bigger for some classes, but that's a good thing. If every class was able to DPS in every situation relatively equally, it would be boring.

Honestly, as long as each class has one competitive DPS spec, Blizzard is doing a decent job.

The only thing Frost has over Unholy is single-target burst. Unholy has superior AoE/Cleave and sustained single-target.

This is not only a frost issue, there are several under performing specs and this has been true for some since SoO, over a year and 6 months of under performance seems insane to me. If its due to pvp please blizzard just separate the damn 2 already. I do agree if everyone performed the same dps on every fight it would become boring, but thats not what im asking for. What im asking for is that every spec is competitive in some fashion with a dps spread for single target being approx 10%, not the insane 30%+ currently, and don't even get me started with the AoE.

Without just talking about dps dks in pve really do not bring too much to the table, dark sim and control undead basically just don't work on any fights. Our mobility is bad because grips are good in pvp. Our raid cd AMZ was nerfed hardcore and there are only a few fights like Garrosh where everyone is stacked up neatly for a good AMZ. The only thing that is going for dks with raid utility atm would be our survivability, which some classes do better with anyhow.

As I said earlier this is not a woe is me, this is a legit question as to why blizzard lets this happen to several specs not just frost dks.

Frost under-performing is not an issue. Just go Unholy instead.
    It is absolutely impossible to make all specs perform equally well. As long as all classes perform roughly equally that's fine. You just can't expect specs to do that individually.
    Unholy is fine for damage, that means DKs are fine for damage and that's that.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's really not as widespread of an issue as you think. Every other spec I've heard as significantly underperforming has received some fixes to bring them more in line (maybe not equal, but at least closer). Frost has just been completely ignored for a while now.

However, I do think that in general Blizzard is okay with leaving some specs underperforming for a bit as long as each class has at least one competitive DPS spec.

If you believe that as long as 1 dps spec is good that the class as a whole is fine you are stupid. That is basically blizzard removing a spec from the game and all the cool possibilities they bring. Also unholy is nowhere near as good as top specs atm still having over a 20% difference of dps for single target, and their aoe is actually bad if the other players are good, it takes alot to build up a good unholy aoe and with other classes like shaman where they can pre preemptively start aoeing by casting earthquake and crap unholy simply don't get a chance to aoe.

Forgot to mention, with the frost being neglected thing. Yes they have, the only "new" thing that has impacted our play style was necrotic plague and thats since Cata.