View Poll Results: Is it time to replace Holinka?

Voters
144. This poll is closed
  • Yes

95 65.97%
  • No

35 24.31%
  • Maybe

14 9.72%
Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    Deleted

WoW PVP Dead: Time to Replace Holinka?

With the end of season coming, is it time to get new direction for PVP and a new dev in charge?

Just to get a fresh perspective.

I'm just going to quietly link some opinions from Arena Junkies. These are the better/best players, at the top of the PVP ladders:

Posted Today, 06:19 AM
    The activity on these forums is much like the interest and activity in the game's pvp scene these days:
    At an all time low.

To bad Holinka doesnt even notice stuff like this. If your biggest competitive forum is dieing, how well of a job are you doing?
    Unless its their way of removing pvp from the game (which they have admitted was a mistake adding to the game).

Its pretty sad indeed. Tbh I really dont even know what Blizzard could change about that.
    There is literally no insentive to play PvP, you can only ladder against the same 5 comps over and over again.
    They took away all the "challenging" skills from each class, making everything easy to play and taking away everything which could differentiate you from others.

The quality of the game speaks itself already, no one is arguing about that. The low viewers on twitch just highlight the fact that the game is pretty much dead

everyone is slaying dragons or playing other games, no streams at all, atleast there is some tournaments happening so I'll say this game is still alive
    Edited by Knaittiz, 27 March 2015 - 07:07 PM

back to the topic... i got bored of finding new mates or adjusting my playstyle every 4-8 weeks... due to some gamechanger pacthes

Do you have anything else to offer other than forum dying? Elitist Jerks is pretty much dead now, but pve is still going strong.

I don't doubt you, I just prefer reading delicious rage inducing moments from devs.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

10+ Year Old Account
    He's been screwing with pvp for 2 expansions now, and it really isn't any better then it was in cata. All they had to do was remove pve gear from s11 and it would have been the most fun and balanced season ever. But instead they screwed with the whole system, removed resil (which was FUN, customizing your gear is awesome), fucked everything else up.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well it's all based on opinions, I play on the best realm EU side for W-PvP, And in the last expansion and the current one, participation has only gone up, and is in a great place^^ Not everyone who enjoys PvP likes to do arena, to many, Like me, It feels artificial, it's not epic enough, The places are so limited, then you've got the Fotm rollers, and the "god comps" of the season, blah, That's why I love W-PvP, It can be anywhere, on a grand scale^^

Oh, this is the thread where they previously had "Ghostcrawler" in the "insert name" slot, and "Tigole" before that.

Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    Oh, this is the thread where they previously had "Ghostcrawler" in the "insert name" slot, and "Tigole" before that.
    Well of course thats the case if their not replaced by someone better....

So, someone that can barely write says that, because a random internet forum is dead, that automatically means that no one among 10 million people plays PVP in wow
    Talk about someone egocentric

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dotcha View Post
    Well of course thats the case if their not replaced by someone better....
    Wrong, that's the case when crybabies take to the forums who have no idea at all about how the system actually works.

Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    With the end of season coming, is it time to get new direction for PVP and a new dev in charge?

Just to get a fresh perspective.

I'm just going to quietly link some opinions from Arena Junkies. These are the better/best players, at the top of the PVP ladders:

Posted Today, 06:19 AM
    The activity on these forums is much like the interest and activity in the game's pvp scene these days:
    At an all time low.

To bad Holinka doesnt even notice stuff like this. If your biggest competitive forum is dieing, how well of a job are you doing?
    Unless its their way of removing pvp from the game (which they have admitted was a mistake adding to the game).

Its pretty sad indeed. Tbh I really dont even know what Blizzard could change about that.
    There is literally no insentive to play PvP, you can only ladder against the same 5 comps over and over again.
    They took away all the "challenging" skills from each class, making everything easy to play and taking away everything which could differentiate you from others.

The quality of the game speaks itself already, no one is arguing about that. The low viewers on twitch just highlight the fact that the game is pretty much dead

everyone is slaying dragons or playing other games, no streams at all, atleast there is some tournaments happening so I'll say this game is still alive
    Edited by Knaittiz, 27 March 2015 - 07:07 PM

back to the topic... i got bored of finding new mates or adjusting my playstyle every 4-8 weeks... due to some gamechanger pacthes
    Ah yes, the ol pin-it-on-the-guy-who-posts-on-twitter. Remember when we used to blame GC for pvp balance issues?

Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post
    Ah yes, the ol pin-it-on-the-guy-who-posts-on-twitter. Remember when we used to blame GC for pvp balance issues?
    His job description is literally "Senior PvP Designer".

Wonder what it will take for people to accept that no single employee (well, maybe Morhaime) has dictatorial power in regards to game design at Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    And this is the kind of ignorance of the system that we're talking about.

Holinka is a part of a team that works on the PvP side of the game. Him being a 'Senior Designer' of PvP means... What? That he makes all the decisions and nobody questions them?

No, because as we have to state (And Blizzard has to state) every time one of these complaints pops up: Blizzard designs as a collective. No one person makes all the decisions. In any position, of any part of the company.
    Okay, so you think they should just fire the whole company then?

Just like any other company, the employee most directly overseeing the problem area receives the blame. If a company runs multiple stores, but there's a problem with one store, that store's manager is blamed. If there's a problem with the whole company, the CEO is blamed. And in this case, the "store" is PVP and Holinka is the manager, so guess what happens?

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    And this is the kind of ignorance of the system that we're talking about.

Holinka is a part of a team that works on the PvP side of the game. Him being a 'Senior Designer' of PvP means... What? That he makes all the decisions and nobody questions them?

No, because as we have to state (And Blizzard has to state) every time one of these complaints pops up: Blizzard designs as a collective. No one person makes all the decisions. In any position, of any part of the company.
    actually his title is "lead pvp designer"

I am having a blast playing Ashran. It has its issues, but overall it is immensely fun.

I have been playing since Dec 2005, and I never ever did Arena nor will I ever. I believe Arena's implementation was a mistake, in that it forced people to do Arena in order to obtain high-quality PvP gear.

Now that an alternative, fast and viable method for weekly CP cap has been introduced that does not include Arena it is natural to see low Arena participation as it seems very few people enjoyed getting roflstomped by cheaters, botters and hackers in Arena.

I must congratulate Holinka on a job well-done.
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought PvP was supposed to be gloriously fixed after GC left, because obviously he was the one solely responsible for all of WoW's woes.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really liked Ashran until they did that patch to "fix" faction balance. Now everytime I go in it's like 50 horde and 10 alliance, where as it felt more like 200 alliance and 100 horde before.

I hate arena, so I can't really comment on it, but BGs/RBGs don't feel as fun to me as they used to, but idk if that actually has anything to do with the game.

I'll vote yes, but it's with reservation. I'm not fool enough to believe he's solely responsible, but his smartass attitude when responding to people isn't the least bit professional and doesn't help anything. I don't think this game could ever be balanced, but there's no excuse for how bad it's gotten. He's not entirely at fault of course, but he's the public face and he brings a very negative vibe to people who're already frustrated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    I'll vote yes, but it's with reservation. I'm not fool enough to believe he's solely responsible, but his smartass attitude when responding to people isn't the least bit professional and doesn't help anything. I don't think this game could ever be balanced, but there's no excuse for how bad it's gotten. He's not entirely at fault of course, but he's the public face and he brings a very negative vibe to people who're already frustrated.
    Has the game ever been balanced? Like, honestly. It wasn't in Vanilla. It wasn't in BC. It wasn't in WotLK. It wasn't in Cataclysm. It wasn't in MoP, and it isn't now. Is that some huge revelation?

And honestly, some people need to be told "no, sorry, your idea isn't good, we're not going to do that." Don't confuse that for "a bad developer attitude."
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    They said that about Arena, not PvP in general.

I doubt swapping Holinka this patch will change anything though. Maybe if they do it for the next expansion and a bunch of people check out PvP again. Even if they do relplace him, we'd just get fed the "no big changes during expansion" comment.

Whoever is responsible for Ashran, they need to be replaced.