Post Overwatch Diversity survey

Hey so this is kinda weird but I am in a Liberal arts class where we have to have a survey and I would really appreciate it if you all could take a few minutes to fill out our survey about Overwatch and how you feel about it. It would be very appreciated!

surveymonkey.com/s/BL7CM59

Deleted
    I may sound like an ass.. wait, scratch that, I will definitively sound like an asshole, but I have to ask: is this some feminist trap? Before I'll fill it, I want to know if this is not going to be used as "muhh rights" and "muh equality" ammunition for crazy ladies out there :P ?
    Last edited by mmocbaf9e94c6f; 2015-04-02 at 08:29 PM.

Judging from their post history (all 6!) I'd say no.

Going to fill it out in a minute while I rip some MP3s lol.

Filled it out. It is a little slanted towards 'do you feel females are represented in games' sort of feel, but really Blizzard has gone above and beyond in Overwatch to depict females in different roles. It's not just skinny cheer leader healers on the side lines. With Pharah being a beefy 'heavy gunner' and who knows what else is on the horizon it's hard to say it's lacking diversity. And if you want to go further considering each character is from a different world region they're even diverse in that regards.
    Last edited by Spraxle; 2015-04-02 at 08:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tracer is appealing to men/women IMO, she's got lovable qualities, I would love to see feminazis try to say she is objectified.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    You're now trying to argue that fingers are people. And you expect me to take your argument seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutVodka View Post
    I did walk up to a truck once and whispered, "I know your secret... Optimus Prime..

Lol im not even a girl, but the subject of the project was to do with female representation and we were only limited to 10 questions on survey monkey, and needed more responses so i figured where else is better to get that then a gaming forum iv like lurked on without an account for like 3 years.

and I really do appreciate the responses, its just a College Liberal arts filler course thing i had to do. But some of the information iv been getting from it is really interesting!

Kind of depressed that the age question caps out at 17.

Quote Originally Posted by Creepjack View Post
    I may sound like an ass.. wait, scratch that, I will definitively sound like an asshole, but I have to ask: is this some feminist trap?
    Yeah if you click it they cut off your cock and make you into a vegan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Kind of depressed that the age question caps out at 17.
    I though mid 20's were very common now ;-;

Yeah our original age group was for people under 17 but we didnt get any responses from them so i figured i would post here which was very helpful infact

10+ Year Old Account
    Definitely a girl who made this post xD. But anyway, about the survey, Im a guy, and I dont care if it appeals to girls, its to broad of a.. category. Women should not get special treatment to make sure a game appeals to them when guys dont. Just how a black person shouldnt be guaranteed a job over a white person because itd be racist.

That is a very... brief survey. Not sure what sort of information you hope to gain from this, even as a student project I feel there could have been more done with this.

As for the general question, I think Overwatch is doing fairly well in the whole diversity department. Except of course the little thing where 2/3 of the support characters are women, and the last is a somewhat female-ish robot. Something I see a lot, really, women put into a support role instead of something else.

Don't get me wrong, OW has a lot of offense women, too. I just find it funny how such thing seem to almost "naturally" creep in when you're not looking