Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

Why the media hypocrisy on Christians?

I see it on the left and on the media. Why do they target Christians like the bakery in Indiana but not other bakery's like the video I have posted below?

Christians are easy targets because they don't fight back, so is it due to cowardice on the left?

It's mainly because it is a western/white majority religion. They would never go after a brown majority religion, if anything they would defend them. It's why liberals go after (their own) Bill Maher, he is one of the very few who doesn't always comply with political correctness.
    Last edited by Sledfang; 2015-04-03 at 04:08 AM.

What exactly do you expect from liberals if not hypocrisy?

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Endus; 2015-04-03 at 04:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sledfang View Post
    It's mainly because it is a white majority religion. They would never go after brown majority religions, if anything they would defend them.
    The OP I was going to call nonsense but your point is equally as nonsensical. I wish there was more I could say but really?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    What exactly do you expect from liberals if not hypocrisy?
    Also the one post wonder here again to post something that could be refuted never to be seen again until the next topic.

why dont you just turn the other cheek?

Everything in the mainstream press is choreographed for the purpose of getting you to vote democrat. The New York Times, CNN, and Hollywood are not there to educate you, inform you, or entertain you. It exists to program you. This is what is known as machine politics.

OUTSTANDING VIDEO!

Bravo to highlighting the hypocrisy and selective manufactured outrage of agenda pushing fear mongers.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

10+ Year Old Account
    From what I understand, a bakery can refuse to WRITE anything they want on a cake, and that is a protection of the first amendment. Most wedding cakes, as far as I've seen, don't contain writing or messages on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Grummgug View Post
    Everything in the mainstream press is choreographed for the purpose of getting you to vote democrat. The New York Times, CNN, and Hollywood are not there to educate you, inform you, or entertain you. It exists to program you. This is what is known as machine politics.
    if only they did it as good as the right

Quote Originally Posted by Sledfang View Post
    It's mainly because it is a white majority religion. They would never go after brown majority religions, if anything they would defend them. It's why liberals go after Bill Maher, he is one of the very few who breaks political correctness.
    I've seen a lot of Coptic Christians while visiting overseas. However they're not fairing out so well against Muslim fanatics. 150 of them was shot down yesterday I believe just because of their beliefs in Jesus Christ.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisberb View Post
    From what I understand, a bakery can refuse to WRITE anything they want on a cake, and that is a protection of the first amendment. Most wedding cakes, as far as I've seen, don't contain writing or messages on them.
    Yes that's the legal scam that allows the hypocrisy to fly.

Christian bakery doesn't want to make a cake for homosexual wedding = its about the client not the message.

Muslim bakery doesn't want to make a cake for homosexual wedding = its about the message not the client.

What all Christian bakeries should do is say:

"we serve all homosexuals, butttttttt ...we wont write messages acknowledging a same sex union or produce images depicting same sex coupling"

Because that would be ok right?
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Because of this made up term called "islamaphobia" which gets thrown around a whole lot these days and gives them free passes to basically do whatever they want without the same backlash as other religions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombergy View Post
    Yes that's the legal scam that allows the hypocrisy to fly.

Christian bakery doesn't want to make a cake for homosexual wedding = its about the client not the message.

Muslim bakery doesn't want to make a cake for homosexual wedding = its about the message not the client.

What all Christian bakeries should do is say:

"we serve all homosexuals, butttttttt ...we wont write messages acknowledging a same sex union or produce images depicting same sex coupling"

Because that would be ok right?
    From my understanding, yes that would be ok, because the law doesn't compel them to write / produce those messages. A 3 tier cake with no writing on it is the same cake whether for a straight couple, gay couple, or me for dessert.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathcries View Post
    I see it on the left and on the media. Why do they target Christians like the bakery in Indiana but not other bakery's like the video I have posted below?

*snip*

Christians are easy targets because they don't fight back, so is it due to cowardice on the left?
    Thing is, a white Christian walks into a Muslim Bakery in the Muslim part of town, and then pretends to be gay and asks for a gay wedding cake.

They will say No every time.

Now find a couple of gay Muslims and send them into the same bakery. Because the response might be different.

15+ Year Old Account
    "Omg why are you outraged that a law passed in indiana that made it legal to discriminate but not outraged that a conservative pretended to be gay and walked into a muslim bakery and asked for a cake? Such hypocrisy. Much sad. Wow."
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by kyoloco View Post
    why dont you just turn the other cheek?
    I have no idea why I clicked on this thread. But I believe I was *meant* to read this response. It was miraculous.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    The reason it seems like Christians are getting the short end of the stick when it comes to being called out on Bigotry is because, simply, they're the majority religion in this country and are by far the loudest. Honestly, in my opinion, it's not Christianity or even religion that's an issue here. It's people who hold up their faith as if it gives them a free pass to legislate discrimination or spout out hateful nonsense and then cry when someone else calls them out on it.

And to adress the usual nonsense:
    -Liberals aren't some kind of nebulous hive mind the same way Conservatives aren't (Or at least shouldn't be).
    -The people who have issues with Fundamentalist Christians are likely to have issues with Fundamentalist Muslims. Just because (most) liberals don't condemn the entirety of their religion/ethnicity when someone blows themselves up in the middle east doesn't make them terrorist sympathizers or some nonsense like that.
    -The idea that Christians don't fight back when pushed is laughable at best, the last decade in US politics should attest to this.

Anyway, anything else to say about this has already been adressed in the 'Gen Con to move out of Indiana' thread.

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    "Omg why are you outraged that a law passed in indiana that made it legal to discriminate but not outraged that a conservative pretended to be gay and walked into a muslim bakery and asked for a cake? Such hypocrisy. Much sad. Wow."
    Yeah, truth hurts sometimes, especially if you have a certain ideology.

10+ Year Old Account
    Believe it or not, not all Christians buy into the false oppressed WASP mentality. So don't attempt to lump them all into one group and say that they fall under your victimized mentality.

As for the case at hand, it's pretty damn obvious to anyone not attempting to freak out with counterfactuals and proof surrogates that people would not be incensed unilaterally at "christian bakeries" for denying homosexuals a wedding cake or other baked goods or some such relatively insignificant comestible, and instead are incensed that (any) humans are being denied the basic services of (any) business based solely on the circumstances of their birth.

If a gay trans-gender bartender were refusing to serve asian people, it'd be just as wrong as a "christian bakery" denying service to gay people.

People are attempting to dilute the subject at hand (equal rights) by tossing random proof surrogate or counterfactual wrenches in to attempt to manually obfuscate the problem based on their own obstinance in a further attempt to hand-wave actual issues away.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2015-04-03 at 04:51 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Xyonai View Post
    The reason it seems like Christians are getting the short end of the stick when it comes to being called out on Bigotry is because, simply, they're the majority religion in this country and are by far the loudest. Honestly, in my opinion, it's not Christianity or even religion that's an issue here. It's people who hold up their faith as if it gives them a free pass to legislate discrimination or spout out hateful nonsense and then cry when someone else calls them out on it.

And to adress the usual nonsense:
    -Liberals aren't some kind of nebulous hive mind the same way Conservatives aren't (Or at least shouldn't be).
    -The people who have issues with Fundamentalist Christians are likely to have issues with Fundamentalist Muslims. Just because (most) liberals don't condemn the entirety of their religion/ethnicity when someone blows themselves up in the middle east doesn't make them terrorist sympathizers or some nonsense like that.
    -The idea that Christians don't fight back when pushed is laughable at best, the last decade in US politics should attest to this.

Anyway, anything else to say about this has already been adressed in the 'Gen Con to move out of Indiana' thread.
    Hmmm. Check this out.

Draw a picture of a person. Write "Muhammad the Prophet" under it. Nothing disrespectful. Ask a child to draw a nice man and use that.

Take the picture to an Indiana print shop, photo shop, copy shop, or other business that can reproduce an image in quantity and is owned and operated by a faithful follower of Islam. Ask for help copying the image. Film the results.

But you won't. Hypocrisy. You has it. That and of coarse cowardice.

Keep picking on the Christians though so you can stay in your safe zone to make you feel superior.
    Last edited by Deathcries; 2015-04-03 at 04:50 AM.