Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathcries View Post
    I'm not preaching about Christian's rights. Where did I do that? I said how come the media only targets Christians. WHat about the other bigots? How come I don't hear about it from the left going after other bigots. It's always Christians. If you going to crucify one set of beliefs you should go for all. Including the gays who refused the Christian to bake anti gay cakes.

However it seems your set of rights and beliefs trump others rights and beliefs.
    As I said before (But maybe in a way that was too difficult for you to understand. I apologise for that) it's because Christians are not only the majority religion in the US, but are also often the most vocal and assertive about their faith in the social and political sphere. So they get targeted disproportionately more then other less popular religions in the country simpley by the virtue of being more abundant and outspoken.

And no, this post doesn't translate to 'Lol they have it coming, stupid Christ lovers', I'm simply putting forth my own idea as to why Christians appear to be 'targeted ' more in our media for being bigots. I'm not a fan of the 'broad brush' either, I don't think all Christians are bad people the same way I don't think all Jews, Pagans, Muslims or Athiests are bad either even if each of their own religions(or lack of) has their share of backwards-ass morons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Interception View Post
    Interesting Videos - Theodore Shoebat the son of a known Anti-LBGT Crusader who was already found to be a farce with his "Mark of the Beast" Hoax. Why don't you get Glenn Beck, Rush Limbaugh, and Michelle Bachman to tell us about how down trodden the White Christian Base is and we can all circle jerk here together over it.
    you forgot sean hannity.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Interesting Videos - Theodore Shoebat the son of a known Anti-LBGT Crusader who was already found to be a farce with his "Mark of the Beast" Hoax. Why don't you get Glenn Beck, Rush Limbaugh, and Michelle Bachman to tell us about how down trodden the White Christian Base is and we can all circle jerk here together over it.
    Attacking the messenger is a common logical fallacy.

Pretty lame attempt to divert the issue there. Such laws apply to everyone regardless of religion.

And they talk about Christianity because 70% of the US is Christian versus the less than 1% Muslim population. And Christians are the ones publicly pushing to outlaw gay marriage. And Christians are the plaintiffs in the specific cases on trial. Gee I wonder why they make news stories about Christians, it must be that evil reverse racism at work again!

What exactly is an expressly gay wedding cake? Is it shaped like a penis shoved into an asshole?

Oh wait, it'd also need another penis on the other side to stress that this isn't just heterosexual sodomy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Is it discrimination when the LGBT cake shops refuse to make a "Pro-traditional marriage" cake with "Homosexuality is wrong" written on it? Yes or No.
    "Plato is dear to me, but dearer still is truth." - Aristotle

can we just have like a filter on the word liberal im sick of seeing it

anyone refusing to make a cake because of something that is / should be a protected class is a bigot and should be boycotted

also, "muslims do it too!" isn't a fucking real argument, god damn. just because other people do it doesn't make it morally right

Quote Originally Posted by Dolus View Post
    Is it discrimination when the LGBT cake shops refuse to make a "Pro-traditional marriage" cake with "Homosexuality is wrong" written on it? Yes or No.
    i don't believe being pro-traditional marriage or hating homosexuals is a protected class

if they refused to make a cake because you wanted a cross on it that'd be illegal discrimination

that being said if i owned a cake shop i wouldn't turn away the business over something so trivial.
    Last edited by Bags-; 2015-04-03 at 05:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Calamorallo View Post
    Attacking the messenger is a common logical fallacy.
    I told some of my conservative friends that I was going to post the video here. They said that would be their exact response. Dead on.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    you forgot sean hannity.
    And Megan Kelly...
    Eric Bolling
    Greta Van Susteren
    Mark Levin
    Ann Coulter
    Michelle Malkin
    Charles Krauthammer
    Last edited by Booshman; 2015-04-03 at 05:19 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I told some of my conservative friends that I was going to post the video here. They said that would be their exact response. Dead on.
    confirmation bais spotted.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Pretty lame attempt to divert the issue there. Such laws apply to everyone regardless of religion.

And they talk about Christianity because 70% of the US is Christian versus the less than 1% Muslim population. And Christians are the ones publicly pushing to outlaw gay marriage. And Christians are the plaintiffs in the specific cases on trial. Gee I wonder why they make news stories about Christians, it must be that evil reverse racism at work again!

What exactly is an expressly gay wedding cake? Is it shaped like a penis shoved into an asshole?

Oh wait, it'd also need another penis on the other side to stress that this isn't just heterosexual sodomy.
    Ignore context and details! Zero sum game! ZERO SUM GAME!

Good rebuttal. You helped your cause out. Made yourself look like a hero.

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Christians don't want to to ally themselves with Muslims.
    I really hope conservative Christians and Islamic extremists never stop and realise that they have the exact same worldview and team up on everyone else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

The fact that certain groups are attacked for not serving certain groups of people, and others are not attacked for serving certain groups of people does raise an issue of hypocrisy.

And before you tell me it's an issue of scale, remember that the "Christian" bakeries / florists / photographers whose actions were the basis of all of this are very small in number. Just a handful of mom and pop family businesses.

Are liberals world citizens? Don't they care about these problems around the world? Criticism is fine, just don't lose perspective and obsess about the US all day. We are not the center of the universe.
    Last edited by Sledfang; 2015-04-03 at 05:23 AM.

fuck all discriminating bakeries

since us socially liberal people are a hive mind they we all agree with that statement and it is the official stance

I really hope conservative Christians and Islamic extremists never stop and realise that they have the exact same worldview and team up on everyone else.
    lol sure thing. Just ignore the 150 Christians who were killed by Muslims yesterday, and the Christian persecution by Muslims since the days of Mohammad. I think Muslims and Liberals have more in common, and it's why Liberals do not go after them, like Conservatives and Christians do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good rebuttal. You helped your cause out. Made yourself look like a hero.
    just keep up that circlejerk of yours. it's really proving your point.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Calamorallo View Post
    And this is exactly why ALL business owners should be able to determine who they will engage in commerce with.
    Indeed. Things will eventually balance out. If the customers think the business owner is a douche, they just stop using his services and he will go out of business.

However, lefties - being totalitarists by nature - can't stand the thought of something working on its own, without their ideological interventions and all the double standards involved.

15+ Year Old Account
    Two things

1) All bigots are bad, including Muslim bigots. Liberals do not "love Muslims" the way the right thinks liberals do. They find the war on Muslims 100% retarded. Live and let live. If Muslims are bigots, then that's bad, and that needs to stop, laws need to address it in the US.

2) Why would Christians, with their seething hatred and ingrained loathing for Muslims, want to be like Muslims, the USSR, and the Third Reich, all of which hated gays and treated them like second class citizens?

Your move.
    Last edited by Cthulhu 2020; 2015-04-03 at 05:29 AM.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Does it surprise you? The false equivalency was a dead give-away.

We want you to put this on a Cake that nobody else has ever asked you to put on it - Oh you declined you're Anti-Christian!!

When will these silly people learn that declining business to someone based on sexual orientation that you would otherwise provide to anyone else is discrimination.

When they decline placing words on a Cake they have never before placed on a Cake it's not discrimination because they haven't done it for anybody.