View Poll Results: Would you Willingly do Events if they werent the only source of conquest on Ashran?

Voters
39. This poll is closed
  • Yes.

6 15.38%
  • No.

27 69.23%
  • Depends(suggestions/opinions).

6 15.38%
    10+ Year Old Account

Would you Willingly do Events?[Ashran]

*DISCLAIMER* this is a partial rant(well probably a complete rant) so if you want troll go for it, because i am SO serious lol.

Ok, so events in Ashran lately have started to irritate me, and it is usually hard for me to be in an irate mood. So i must ask, if events weren't(WERE NOT) the only way to earn conquest points on that island, would you do them willingly? If no, what would you suggest instead? If yes, why do you enjoy them, and please include your faction.

My *OPINION*: I know for a fact I would not events on Ashran if they were not the only way to earn conquest points there. i cant stand them, it is just two factions avoiding each other on an island that "promotes" pvp. Events seem more pve based than pvp. I honestly cannot tell you what to do at each event, i go there, and magically get a measly 100 conquest points, then mindlessly go to the next one.

*MY* Suggestion(s):Make it in a way where every 100 kills of the opposite faction rewards 10 conquest points. Or make it like wintergrasp where if one faction is outnumbered on the island they get a buff to at least even to the odds. Or make it where turning in artifacts rewards Conquest points. To expand on that last suggestion make it where events reward artifacts instead of conquest points, like 50 artifacts. 100 artifacts is 10 conquest points, and players in pvp combat drop 15-30 artifacts.

I guess all I am saying is that events are ruining ashran in my *personal opinion* and wanted to know if any1 else felt the same.
    Why isn't Harrison Jones in BFA?
    I mean, Blizzard, srously? We ought to see the old chap in Vol'Dun!
    I think he is a bit afraid of snakes! (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

7+ Year Old Account
    Horde

Ashran won't let you in if there aren't the same amount of players on the other faction to keep it 'balanced", what Ashran needs to do is place people into a raid group or make it easier to view the differing raid groups active in the zone. Ashran is big when you consider it as a PvP map so having 80% of your team doing their own thing and 20% in a small 'event' raid group will likely result in you getting stomped then complaining that there is more of the opposite faction.

Ashran's event's should have been much simpler, capture point X by node or holding X or killing unit X. It would have been traditional for everyone. Over complicating things leads to frustrations, especially when the other faction is breathing down your neck.

I feel ashran did the turn in currency for mini battle rewards properly though, very reminiscent of the old AV.

If i were to design Ashran I'd make it reflect a healthy mix of old Alterac Valley and Isle of Conquest.
    I'd drop events and swap them out for 4 points of interest throughout the zone. For example, a vehicle bay, a barracks to increase the armor of your NPCs, an armory to boost your teams health and maybe two other mimics. of the two. On their own the buffs would be nice but not game breaking but if you were in control of both you'd see a big increase in your factions performance.

I'd also boost the health and power of NPCs, to prevent people from zerging through, this would make having the points of interest more valuable, And turning in the currencies for the big summons or the cavalry much more appealing and needed for pushing up. I'd like these 'pushes" to have timers behind them though. Similar to the golems in Heroes of the Storm, So if a team is losing hard they can come back after the time is up. But the reward for pushing can be great if the team is fighting alongside their forces.

Slap in a few graveyards and small rewards like the mage and warlock portals through turn ins and captures and you have a simple, and healthy mix of old AV, and Isle of Conquest.

Conquest would be rewarded for accumulating various amounts of player kills or summoning "push" forces. That way everyone is motivated towards the one goal. Killing the enemies leader.

You could throw in a few walls along the way to add some siege weapon use too if it were desired.
    As it stands now though Ashran is just too complex.
    Last edited by dixincide; 2015-04-03 at 05:04 AM.

+1 for saying as an opinion.

As for my opinion, atm they do a good job with forming spontaneous pvp, which from a pure pvp perspective is better than the main road in most cases. They are completely random and it's the only reward. And they aren't as punishing to melee.

To me it only has 2 issues: 1. Premades. Most Ashran battles involve people joining premades (which is easy enough to do) and just steamrolling the competition eliminating any enjoyable pvp. (Though I do enjoy myself when it's balanced)

2. Even if it worked ideally, I don't think this is what people's idea of Ashran was. They want it to be a battle between 2 forts. Not a "converge on random point to form large pvp battle," which while fun, probably isn't what people had in mind.

On the premades: unless premades get fixed, even if they changed it to only reward conquest from the enemy general or objectives on the main road, it still wouldn't be fun. Today I was in a premade that had time to do events and kill the Tremblade multiple times. Easy wins, not so enjoyable.

While I don't have a great memory of balanced pre-6.1 Ashran, I do remember that as Melee on the main road, you're basically useless. And I think as ranged it wouldn't be that great either. You're just mass aoeing.

To make the area work as I "think" it was intended they would basically need to make event rewards incredibly powerful for the main road. Like summon 5+ captains. Or something to get past those stupid bridges. As your ideas seem to indicate, the issue with supporting the main road is there is 0 benefit to fight others for artifacts. There's no advantage to say, denying the Alliance molten quarry npc farming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

No. Ashran has felt like an abject failure since day one of WoD from over rewarding to under-rewarding. It's a pet project that doesn't innovate WoW PVP or advance it any. If they wanted 'old AV' or something they could have just put that in. But instead they put in Ashran and it's poorly done. The events are wholly dependent on who has the bigger group and can get there first with very little PVP as you can finish them in 3 seconds then just run along on your merry way. But that's all just my opinion on Ashran.

There needs to be a lot more things like Summoning Kor'lok.

Have winning the Molten Quarry give you a tunnel to the enemy keep's entrance from Stormshield/Warpsear.

Ancestral Burial Grounds summons an undead Magnaron in the enemy's keep with the equivalent power of a 10m raid boss.

Brute's rise sets your enemy's keep on fire, causing all npcs to lose their special abilities and elite status for 10 minutes. (To signify them being wounded)

Arena of Annihilation summons a large group of elite spore creatures to appear out of the sea and attack your enemy's keep from all sides. Think, pulling the whole Ring of Conquest at once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Only thing that bothers me about the events is the small population of target monsters and their insanely long respawn timers. What the actual fuck were they thinking? Constantly short one ogre mage in an event and have to wait for the whole thing to cycle to get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    I wouldn't willingly even enter Ashran if not for the need to farm CP. Otherwise I would need to do 2s and I hate arena even more than Ashran.

The biggest mistake they did was separating the events and the main battle. The events should encourage people to contest them in order to make the main battle easier, like Krazzorx said, but without the PvE aspects. Between needing a tank, or an Artifact wielding DPS, and a dedicated a healer Ashran is less about PvP and more about PvE.

Pushing mid should be difficult, events should be more numerous and be quicker to win so that they flow with the battle, rather than create luls when they're up. They also need more objectives, or alternate paths to progress down. Like make the main battle work through the mob areas too, so each path can be progressed through. This would help break up the zerg v zerg fights and give Melee a place since they'd not be instagibbed for trying to... you know... pvp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Assram is just not fun. They would have to redo the whole zone, and even then I doubt they could make it work.

15+ Year Old Account
    Events are too much of a mess, the factions turn into roving murderballs that generally avoid one another. Despite that Ashran is the best way to make honor now, I have been gearing my rogue through battlegrounds again just because of how unenjoyable Ashran is - and that's saying a lot since my rogue can Pickpocket artifacts off enemy players and turn it in for free honor faster than any other class.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    Events are too much of a mess, the factions turn into roving murderballs that generally avoid one another. Despite that Ashran is the best way to make honor now, I have been gearing my rogue through battlegrounds again just because of how unenjoyable Ashran is - and that's saying a lot since my rogue can Pickpocket artifacts off enemy players and turn it in for free honor faster than any other class.
    What do you mean enjoyable? Just look in the group finder for an Ashran even group, if it's like over 20 people, queue up and then enter Ashran. Now just stick to the crowd, you don't even have to dismount - free honor without the frustration of being smeared on the ground by better geared players in random bgs. Ashran beats afk leeching in bgs if you are the kind of person that really hates being smashed by better geared players until he/she gets decent gear.

They should have made it an mmo version of a moba. Three to five lanes with npcs fighting up the lanes towards the main base. Events and rarespawns to give buffs/debuffs and bonuses to help push the main objective (which would award the bulk of conquest), with the side objectives giving bulk honor. Instead of random spawn locations on the artifact it should also come from winning at the elite ogre area near the graveyard. And the mines should give quests to buff your lane npcs (like in av). They could even give some extra roles for people to play like a commander or two to guide wolf riders, pop fight flares, ect. I also wouldn't mind having ally vs ally or horde vs horde like in rbgs just to stop the faction balance issues. They should also cycle people out after a set amount of battles to allow new players.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gardrenn View Post
    They should have made it an mmo version of a moba. Three to five lanes with npcs fighting up the lanes towards the main base. Events and rarespawns to give buffs/debuffs and bonuses to help push the main objective (which would award the bulk of conquest), with the side objectives giving bulk honor. Instead of random spawn locations on the artifact it should also come from winning at the elite ogre area near the graveyard. And the mines should give quests to buff your lane npcs (like in av). They could even give some extra roles for people to play like a commander or two to guide wolf riders, pop fight flares, ect. I also wouldn't mind having ally vs ally or horde vs horde like in rbgs just to stop the faction balance issues. They should also cycle people out after a set amount of battles to allow new players.
    They wanted to make a bg like that, called Defense of the Alehouse, located lore-wise in Azshara, but then they that said current tech doesn't allow it and scrapped it.

Quote Originally Posted by Your stalker View Post
    They wanted to make a bg like that, called Defense of the Alehouse, located lore-wise in Azshara, but then they that said current tech doesn't allow it and scrapped it.
    Did they ever elaborate on the tech issue? I'm assuming it had something to do npc interaction and movement. They have come a long way since vanilla, and some of my suggestions have been in the game since AV first came out. I'd like to know more.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gardrenn View Post
    Did they ever elaborate on the tech issue? I'm assuming it had something to do npc interaction and movement. They have come a long way since vanilla, and some of my suggestions have been in the game since AV first came out. I'd like to know more.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Battlegrounds

I dunno.

Deleted
    Hell no !
    The funniest thing is that blizzard is saying Ashran is a big succes , people are enjoying and spending alot of time pvping in Ahsran. No we are not!! we are just fast caping 2000 cp in 2h.

I don't see this "Its only PVE!" mindset... There is one event at a time, if you don't stop the opposing faction by killing them and doing it instead, you won't win the point. You have to kill people to win...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    I don't see this "Its only PVE!" mindset... There is one event at a time, if you don't stop the opposing faction by killing them and doing it instead, you won't win the point. You have to kill people to win...
    Good joke. There is rarely anyone on the opposing side fighting for the events. And if they ever do put up some resistance, your group disbands and everyone finds a better instance. There is no pvp in this pve zone. Only 5000 wolf riders that each do 5 billion dps

Deleted
    Gonna get some more conquest points from there and never step in it again. It's a fucking joke, its only use is farming honor/conquest for your beginner gear.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    Only 5000 wolf riders that each do 5 billion dps
    Hahahaha, the wolf riders/knight riders are the most annoying thing you can summon with relics, because they're so fucking tough and if they come up from behind during an event, they annoy the living shit out of the group doing the event as they're hard to kill and do significant damage and no one focuses on dealing with them 1st. I always dump everything into them because they're a hell of a lot more annoying to the Horde than Fandraal and they also don't give any conquest when killed.

Quote Originally Posted by AndreiBD View Post
    Hell no !
    The funniest thing is that blizzard is saying Ashran is a big succes , people are enjoying and spending alot of time pvping in Ahsran. No we are not!! we are just fast caping 2000 cp in 2h.
    Arenas are much faster to call Ashran cp farming "fast".

On topic, I actually enjoy Ashran.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody important View Post
    Gonna get some more conquest points from there and never step in it again. It's a fucking joke, its only use is farming honor/conquest for your beginner gear.
    And what is the purpose of battlegrounds and 2v2 arenas?
    Yes, exactly that. Farming honor and conquest for gear.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    Good joke. There is rarely anyone on the opposing side fighting for the events. And if they ever do put up some resistance, your group disbands and everyone finds a better instance. There is no pvp in this pve zone. Only 5000 wolf riders that each do 5 billion dps
    I often see groups who fight against the opposite faction.
    In fact, it's been a long time since I can remember not being in conflict with the opposing faction while doing events or main event.
    Quote Originally Posted by vep View Post
    Are you really looking for logic in a game that sends you dragons via the mail service?...