Deleted

Chain Heal and Multistrike, mechanics?

Hello, this might be a stupid question, but a cursory search did not turn up any clear answers.

The common definition of Multistrike is among the lines of "Multistrike grants a chance for your spells and abilities to activate up to 2 additional times at 30% effectiveness." (noxxic.com), but what are the exact mechanics for Multistrike and Chain Heal? How the mechanics work might not be gamebreaking, but it'd be interesting to know.

Does every CH hit have a chance to proc 2 different multistrike CHs (up to a total maximum of 2)? There are two ways to interpret this when looking at CH. With the first (and more positive) interpretation, a theoretical ~16.67% multistrike and a perfectly lined up 6-hit CH should yield one multistrike, purely from a statistical viewpoint. This is how I interpret it, and so far it feels intuitive - but is this really how it works? Or is the other interpretation, in which the 16.67% multistrike applies to each CH cast rather than each CH hit, the correct one?

A different yet related question, does anyone know how the "up to 2 additional times" portion of the above quote is decided? I.e., are the multistrike choices per CH hit (or CH cast) either 1) No multistrike proc, 2) One multistrike proc, and 3) Two multistrike procs? Or, if it is indeed decided on a per-CH-hit basis, is it either 1) No multistrike proc or 2) One multistrike proc, followed by subsequent rolls for the following CH hits until another multistrike proc occurs? As I see it, it basically comes down to whether one CH hit can proc 2 different Multistrikes at a time, or whether 2 individual Multistrikes can proc off two different persons within the same CH cast. Due to how hectic healing can be at times I haven't been able to see how this plays out when raidhealing, and also, my multistrike is pretty low.

I think I know this answer already, but might as well ask for the purpose of confirmation - a multistrike proc can't proc another multistrike, no (again, up to a total of 2)? I seem to remember reading that Blizzard implemented a change that prevents procs to proc off procs. Since our 2p-bonus is also a proc, is it unable to proc Multistrikes?

Hopefully people have some insights into this, since it would be interesting to know how it works I hope I managed to make myself clear, please ask for clarification if something is poorly worded or described. Thanks in advance for your feedback, and thanks for your read!

You seem to pretty much know how it works already: per target, no chain-procs. I can dig up some logs if you want, or you can check some of your own.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alltat View Post
    You seem to pretty much know how it works already: per target, no chain-procs. I can dig up some logs if you want, or you can check some of your own.
    All right, so it's per target rather than per cast, that's awesome! Is it safe to assume that each CH hit has a chance to proc either one or two multistrikes, up to a total of two multistrikes per cast? Is there any sensible method of researching this matter from logs?

Thanks for your input, Alltat!

Also, can one CH hit give rise to two multistrike procs?

Generally speaking anything that can crit, can trigger MS (with various exceptions across the classes - and no MS cannot trigger MS - no infinite proc'ing allowed)

Yes one CH hit can yield 2 MS procs. That's the basic mechanic of MS.

If you have a spell that heals for 100, and you have a 10% chance to multistrike - then you have 2 seperate 10% chances to heal for an additional 30. Ignoring crits, that means you can heal for 100 (no MS), 130 (1 MS), or 160 (2 MS).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keiyra View Post
    Generally speaking anything that can crit, can trigger MS (with various exceptions across the classes - and no MS cannot trigger MS - no infinite proc'ing allowed)

Yes one CH hit can yield 2 MS procs. That's the basic mechanic of MS.

If you have a spell that heals for 100, and you have a 10% chance to multistrike - then you have 2 seperate 10% chances to heal for an additional 30. Ignoring crits, that means you can heal for 100 (no MS), 130 (1 MS), or 160 (2 MS).
    Perfect, thanks for clarifying!