[Resto] Mythic Maidens

What experience do you guys have healing this fight as a resto shaman? I'm being sent up to do the admiral boat and it feels like about a 50-50 chance that someone is about to die, especially if I miss one cast or if he decides to shoot the same person many times in a row. Generally I weave riptide and healing surge on the players being shot at and just trail the damage. If a player gets to about 1/3 health I'll pop spirit link and swap to aoe healing. Tide is used towards the start generally to compensate for healing lost from movement and ascendence is used about halfway through the phase. After that I'm generally hoping for no bad luck and for dps to be aware and use personals.

I've been using conductivity which I'm not too fond of as the damage tends to burst on individual players and think healing stream would be good as it targets the injured plays for a significant amount or guidance as another cooldown worked well on the attempts I used it (is it on gcd?).

Elemental blast could also potentially be replaced by primal elementalist for throughput or to shorten the phase

Perhaps even conductivity could be replaced with storm elemental? Is that thing even good?

I know that some of these choices may seem unusual but for now my key focus is to just have 100% consistency for the boat.
    I'll probably record video of our next attempt so I can look more closely at what I can change but in the meantime what has worked for you?

This is my overgeared character. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...mtotter/simple
    I can swap in 4 set for -15ilvl on 2 pieces but I'm not having any trouble with running out of mana.
    Alternatively I could swap to a spirit/(crit?) cloak.

Logs of our attempts last night, first 3 attempts were fine healing wise and second 3 had deaths. https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/ZBVAvDHGz2jYLPMx

As for tips for the rest of the fight earthgrab totem is pretty sick on the kiting boat.
    Last edited by Hoocha; 2015-04-03 at 08:33 AM.

Deleted
    Looking at replays of your logs your group seems quite well spread, although on the death attempt one of your paladins moved resulting in a double hit which caused you to have to SLT. I find your choice of spells strange, while having spirit link up you did cast chain heal but then you swapped back to healing wave while the group was still really low. With slink up chain heal spam should be superior, and clutch healing in that situation you should have swapped to healing surge to really bomb people's health up.

I didn't use any healing CDs on the boat, apart from ascendance once or twice when people messed up with their positioning. I don't get why you need to compensate for lost movement with tide, can't you just use SWG there? I ran with my standard setup of rushing streams / glyph of riptide / ancestral swiftness. I think the AS instant for clutch healing is good. Be a bit more lenient in using healing surge, you aren't really required to do much other healing outside of the last phase so you can afford to burn some mana on healing surging, and remember if the situation is really bad you don't have to have tidal waves up to use healing surge, it's better to cast it and save someone than riptide someone and have them die.

Deleted
    I'd honestly advise to use Ancestral Swiftness, Rushing Streams and sticking to High Tide as usual. I don't find conductivity particularly useful, and sub 20% everyone is just all over the place anyway.
    You've probably noticed this already, but you can see which player is about to get hit by Grapeshot if you target Uktar. Once I paid more attention to that it went a lot better. If you do the Gar'an boat last you will also see some serious damage coming in by Sanguine Strikes. (We did Sorka -> Marak -> Gar'an IIRC). Another thing that helped us was not having too many melee up there. I think we ended up with a tank, 2 rogues, 2 hunters, and me (Feint/Deterrence help a lot).

Did this boss just yesterday as a resto, but we're using marak->sorka->gar'an tactics and 2 bosses on platform during Iron Will and gar'an on boat, lust for both boat group and the rest of the raid. Half of success is a disco priest stacking absorbs on marak's tank (blood strikes spread on boat too). BL here helps a lot not just with DPSing uk'tar but with healing too. When you pull uk'tar, pop ascendance and int.potion to outheal first hit of blood strikes. Then if Marak's tank and disc priest fail to mitigate damage, pop HTT. After ~30s Marak dies and healing becomes more relaxed. Target Uk'tar and pre-cast healing wave. If you have enough time, top the target with surge aswell.
    Our boat group is: me (resto), 3 rogues (feint mitigates shrappnel - most problematic ability here), monk (karma, dampen harm. also useless on pushing marak as other dps-classes have better dps-cds), warlock (just high healthpool).