Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Extremist tries to frame muslims with bomb to "wake up" USA

I haven't really seen this much, so here you go:
    http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...uran-bomb.html

"The Georgia man who planted a bomb was willing to see innocents die so that people would blame Muslims. And he called himself a ‘patriot.’

I thought I had seen every imaginable way to stoke the flames of anti-Muslim bigotry in America. There have been countless people on Fox News, certain Republican elected officials, the professional bigots, and even some right-wing “Christian” leaders serving up hate in various ways.

But these people all pale in comparison to Michael Sibley. You see, Sibley wasn’t content to just giving us the same old right-wing crap like Muslims wants to impose Islamic law so say goodbye to bacon cheeseburgers and whiskey and say hello to lamb kebobs and strong coffee served in small cups.

Nope, this self-described “patriot” planted a bomb at a national park in Georgia in the hopes that the public would think a Muslim did it. And yes, I know most haven’t heard about this incident. There’s not even a need to mention how different the media coverage would be have been if the bomber had actually been Muslim. I already detailed that scenario earlier this week in my article about a non-Muslim man that attacked federal officers at a U.S. airport with poison spray and a machete while carrying six homemade bombs in a duffel bag.

Sibley, who is 67 years old and lives in Roswell, Georgia, told FBI officers that he planted this bomb because in his view, “no one was paying attention to what was going on the world.” Apparently as a “patriot” he was going to maim or even kill his fellow Americans to wake them up to the threat facing America.

And what is this “threat” Sibley speaks of? Well, it’s pretty clear he’s talking Muslims. You see, according to the federal complaint, Sibley put some Muslim memorabilia in the backpack along with two “improvised explosive devices” (IEDs) he crafted.

First, he placed a copy of the Quran in the backpack. (Apparently in Sibley’s mind a radical Muslim would blow up the faith’s holy book.) Plus he included a book titled “The Rape of Kuwait, which consists of the stories of people who suffered at the hands of Saddam Hussein when his forces invaded Kuwait in 1990.

Sibley also wrote the name “Mina Khodari” in the backpack as the owner. Why? Well, he told the FBI agents that the name sounded “foreign.” That’s “foreign,” the same code word used by Republican legislators when they mean “sharia law” in their legislation to ban Islamic law from being imposed in America. (They learned that if they try to ban “Islamic law” it will be struck down by the courts as being unconstitutional because it favors one religion over another, so they use “foreign” to mean Islamic law.)

I’m almost certain Sibley knew that “Mina Khodari” was a Middle Eastern-sounding name. A quick Google search would tell you that “Mina” is a common Arabic first name and “Khodari” is a well-known name in Saudi Arabia. Considering Sibley told the FBI that he learned how to make the bomb from the Internet, it’s not a stretch to think that he had the capacity to look up these names too.

Finally, Sibley added a map circling the Jewish Community Center of Atlanta and info for other “soft targets” like the Atlanta commuter train system. Apparently he believed these places would be likely targets of Muslim extremists.

He placed a copy of the Quran in the backpack. (Apparently in Sibley’s mind a radical Muslim would blow up the faith’s holy book.)

When I read about Sibley’s “false flag” operation with which he hoped to blame Muslims for his terrorist act, my mouth literally fell open. I truly couldn’t believe anyone would consider killing or injuring fellow Americans to cause a backlash versus Muslim Americans. It was like the bombings we see in the Middle East where some try to cause sectarian strife and inspire sectarian violence by strategically planting bombs.

Thankfully the bombs did not detonate. And Sibley was apprehended and arraigned Monday in federal court on charges that include an attempt to “damage or destroy” by means of an “explosive” property owned by the United States.

I reached out to the U.S. Attorney’s Office in Northern District of Georgia that is handling the prosecution. I wanted to know if they had information about what caused Sibley to become radicalized.

Also, I wanted to know why he wasn’t charged with terrorism. After all, under federal law, “domestic terrorism” is defined as acts “dangerous to human life” that violate federal or state laws and “appear to be intended” to influence government policies or “intimidate or coerce a civilian population.” Sibley arguably was using violence to change government policy (i.e. increased surveillance of American Muslims, or worse).

However, the spokesperson for the U.S. Attorney informed me that they couldn’t comment while the case is pending. At some point though, I hope we discover what caused Sibley to become radicalized. This info may actually save some American lives.

I doubt most people are aware but over the past six years, “radical right wing” actors have committed an act of terrorism on “average every 34 days” in our country, per a recently released report by the Southern Poverty Law Center. We are talking from a bomb placed at a Planned Parenthood office in Wisconsin in 2012 to three people killed at a Jewish Community Center in Kansas in 2014 by a man entrenched in right-wing hate groups.

And while the threat of Muslim-related terrorism attracts headlines, per a 2014 report, only 37 Americans have been killed by such terrorism since 9/11. Meanwhile, in just the last six years, 63 Americans have been killed in the United States by people connected to right-wing hate groups.

But these statistics mean little to those like Sibley who believe that America needs to “wake up” to the threat of Muslim violence, an expression I have seen on numerous anti-Muslim websites. My fear though is that with more Muslim bashing expected in the coming presidential election from some on the right, we may see even more Sibleys who would literally sacrifice other Americans to achieve their goal of inspiring anti-Muslim bigotry."

same old right-wing crap like Muslims wants to impose Islamic law so say goodbye to bacon cheeseburgers and whiskey and say hello to lamb kebobs and strong coffee served in small cups.
    Sounds pretty good actually.

Deleted
    So basically Breivik, except with bombs instead of rifles.

I'm just gonna wait and see if there are any people on these forums that manage to blame Muslims for this as well. I hope not..

Deleted
    I'm going to step in here and say:

building 7

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Endus; 2015-04-03 at 04:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomatketchup View Post

I'm just gonna wait and see if there are any people on these forums that manage to blame Muslims for this as well. I hope not..
    No no no, it's not a matter of if, it's a matter of when.

The true question is whether the first person to do so will be either 1) a staunch conservative who hates muslims or 2) someone who hates religion in general and finds islam easy to blame.

It's the MMO champion roulette!
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    No no no, it's not a matter of if, it's a matter of when.

The true question is whether the first person to do so will be either 1) a staunch conservative who hates muslims or 2) someone who hates religion in general and finds islam easy to blame.

It's the MMO champion roulette!
    I'm a hopeless optimist... I mean, I expect Muslim-bashing but hopefully there's no one who will make a direct connection between this and Islam..

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I see the point here. This person is trying to make others sit up and take notice of the Islamic movement and what is happening in the world Well he just took that movement back a step with this nonsense.

someone who hates religion in general and finds Islam easy to blame.
    Islam is not a religion it is an ideology, a way of life that has religion as a part of it. Just as Muslim is not a race (they are of many races) they are just people who follow Islam.

What is this supposed to prove? That lunatics come from all religions/cultures/ages etc or is this just shameless bait? This does not change the fact that the majority of muslims want isreal wiped off the face of the earth (as much as you might disagree with the sate of isreal/their policies), or sharia law, or the role of women in islamic societies.
    Signature deleted due to it violating the rules. Please read the signature rules for more info.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    Sounds pretty good actually.
    I was thinking that too.

What an idiot.

Muslims are doing a better job at making the rest of the world dislike them than he could ever do.

It's cut from the same cloth as falsifying a story about rapes on a college campus to "raise awareness" of rapes on college campuses. Just a more violent outlet of the same insipid rationale.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomatketchup View Post
    I'm a hopeless optimist... I mean, I expect Muslim-bashing but hopefully there's no one who will make a direct connection between this and Islam..
    You'd be surprised, Americans are pretty stupid sometimes. Fox news is evidence of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Butthurt Beluga View Post
    I don't understand what I'm supposed to grasp from this other than the authors' left-leaning penis wiggling around at all the readers.

Some loon tried to plant a bomb, and failed.

Is there something I'm missing?
    The loon planted the bomb, thus endangering American lives, to make the American people notice the danger that bombs set by Muslims would pose. He hoped to stir up xenophobic and racist feelings in the community. He obviously missed the irony there. Surely you should be more afraid of the people that are ACTUALLY placing bombs in America?

In fact, this man is pretty much the definition of a terrorist. Willing to kill indiscriminately to instill fear in the population? This guy is no better than Al'Qaeda and IS. Actually, maybe he is worse than Al'Qaeda, because he lives in the community he tried to rip apart.
    Last edited by Butler to Baby Sloths; 2015-04-03 at 12:22 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    You'd be surprised, Americans are pretty stupid sometimes. Fox news is evidence of that.
    Who said anything about Americans?

Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    I'm going to step in here and say:

building 7
    What about it?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Nation bashing is unnecessary. Americans are "stupid" because of a news show? Didn't know one news show dictates the intelligence of an entire nation.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    It's cut from the same cloth as falsifying a story about rapes on a college campus to "raise awareness" of rapes on college campuses. Just a more violent outlet of the same insipid rationale.
    I like how you rejects can't even say "yep, blowing up Americans to convince people that American Muslims are plotting to blow up Americans is a pretty fucking retarded thing to do" without feeling like it's an attack on you and needing to deflect by hiding behind something else.

Patriotism and convictions, my ass.

This reminds me of a Samuel L Jackson movie, but instead of corrupt CIA agents planting a bomb to kill innocent people in order to frame Islam, it's just a crazy person... The movie is way better (as in the movie's entertaining, real life bombings are not).

Deleted
    I guess counter-terrorists win.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Butthurt Beluga View Post
    I don't understand what I'm supposed to grasp from this other than the authors' left-leaning penis wiggling around at all the readers.

Some loon tried to plant a bomb, and failed.

Is there something I'm missing?
    You guys seriously need to stop with this left, right, liberal, republican bullshit when it´s about things like common sense. Yes, you missed something. Reread and turn your brain on

Quote Originally Posted by mofi View Post
    You guys seriously need to stop with this left, right, liberal, republican bullshit when it´s about things like common sense. Yes, you missed something. Reread and turn your brain on
    Exactly. The guy planted a bomb and wanted to kill Americans, while being an American himself. Cut the bullcrap, don't call him an "extremist". Call him a terrorist. "traitor" would also work.