CPU cooler question(s)

Currently using a Corsair H100i and the noise bothers me a lot more than I thought it would so I need a quieter replacement.

Motherboard is a MSI Z97 Gaming 5 and 16gb (4x4) Gskill Ripjaws X series.

My concern is that the heatsink/fans on an air cooler won't fit with 4 sticks. Any recommendations on coolers that will work with my mobo/ram?

Deleted
    how about getting some aftermarker fans for the h100i? corsair sp120';s quiet edition or Be Quiet! Shadow wings2. Then set custom rpm curve on corsair link.

I recommend Noctua Air coolers, they are big but the performance is there and their fans are very good and quiet. However, it probably won't fit because of the RAM like you said and the top PCI-E 1x slot won't be usable.
    Warrax, Fury Warrior
    Silika, BM Hunter

10+ Year Old Account
    Cheaper to replace the fans like Kostattoo mentioned. Unless the included pump noise also bothers you then you may just have to change the entirety.
    There are two Noctua types of fans, and one is more industrial loud as hell one but excellent performance, and then the quiet ones.
    Be Quiet is also good.
    NZXT and Fractal Design also make some decent quiet fans.

Noctua NH-D15 and Be Quiet Dark Rock 3 are good choices. Cryorig H5 Universal is also a consideration. Noctua and Cryorig being the easier to install.

Yeah I think I'll have to go with fan replacement for now due to coolers like the Noctua being so massive. Thanks for the info!

U14-S is smaller, i think it works for your ram, it'd be much more quiet than the h100i and performs great if you'd rather an air cooler.

CM hyper 212 evo, is awesome, throw another stock fan that it comes with(have to order from cooler master website for $6) but totally worth it. I use all cooler master fans, jetflos are pretty loud at start up , but after you start gaming, you totally forget about them.

Just a follow up on what I ended up with. I added the Noctua NH-D15 and the towers clear the ram easily. Front fan is offset about half an inch or so to clear the ram. Even had room to install with my 980 still in place.

Quote Originally Posted by Omerta26 View Post
    Currently using a Corsair H100i and the noise bothers me a lot more than I thought it would so I need a quieter replacement.

Motherboard is a MSI Z97 Gaming 5 and 16gb (4x4) Gskill Ripjaws X series.

My concern is that the heatsink/fans on an air cooler won't fit with 4 sticks. Any recommendations on coolers that will work with my mobo/ram?
    Are you overclocking? If not, then a Hyper 212 by CM would be fine. Or find some quieter fans for your H100i (you don't have to replace the whole cooler). It uses 120mm fans, so you can always replace them with quieter 120mm fans, or even plug them into a fan controller on your mobo to lower the RPM. The solution to noisy fans is almost always to lower fan speed or replace them with other fans.

Actually the reason for changing the cooler was made very easy for me. The pump on the H100 died a few days after I made this thread

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Omerta26 View Post
    Actually the reason for changing the cooler was made very easy for me. The pump on the H100 died a few days after I made this thread
    Well that could explain why it was so noisy. If it has any warranty left I would make use of it and get a replacement that you could sell somewhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockblock View Post
    Well that could explain why it was so noisy. If it has any warranty left I would make use of it and get a replacement that you could sell somewhere.
    Pump noise isn't really the biggest issue when it comes to noise... also if it failed it shouldn't even be making a noise. It's the fan on any of the Corsair AIOs that tend to be noisy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Pump noise isn't really the biggest issue when it comes to noise... also if it failed it shouldn't even be making a noise. It's the fan on any of the Corsair AIOs that tend to be noisy.
    I think you are reaching a bit there. I did say,
    could explain why it was so noisy.
    Meaning before the pump failed it possibly was noisier then usual. Also the op didn't say if the noise lessened after the pump died but did state that the pump died several days after making the post.

I do agree that either could be the cause.

Quote Originally Posted by lockblock View Post
    I think you are reaching a bit there. I did say, Meaning before the pump failed it possibly was noisier then usual. Also the op didn't say if the noise lessened after the pump died but did state that the pump died several days after making the post.

I do agree that either could be the cause.
    The fans were quite loud before and after the pump failure(obviously). The pump itself was rather loud the entire time. For the short time I used it, it worked really well. 22-23c at idle and never higher than 40c in any games I played at max settings in a room that stays pretty much around 75f year round. The NH-D15 replacement is super quiet and cools almost as well so I'm happy with the exchange.