Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
    I do enjoy when the social justice circle jerkers eat their own. It's also nice to know that our students are essentially out of real problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Huoyue View Post
    Well it is a dangerous mindset. To much these days is getting censored, often by people who are speaking for others rather than the people it would be related to.
    Being respectful is not a dangerous mindset and if you believe that you should talk to a therapist. I'm serious.

Quote Originally Posted by Rassium View Post
    I've said this before but it's awesome that there are a bunch of crazy people on the internet who are more outraged about this than the artist who was like "Oh, my bad. I didn't mean to offend anyone so I'll take it down."

There is an outrage culture. It's you people on the internet upset about "political correctness". Hell, someone in this thread called being respectful of others a "dangerous mindset".
    That the artist is willing to grant the heckler's veto doesn't mean that having a heckler's veto enshrined as a legitimate form of discourse is a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    That the artist is willing to grant the heckler's veto doesn't mean that having a heckler's veto enshrined as a legitimate form of discourse is a good thing.
    The fact that you are more upset about this than the artist is and you're calling them "hecklers" is amazing. Outrage culture is real, and you're a paragon of it.

The fact that you are more upset about this than the artist is and you're calling them "hecklers" is amazing. Outrage culture is real, and you're a paragon of it.
    I'm not upset about anything. I'm sitting at a desk relaxing and having my morning coffee and laughing at the stupidity and immaturity that is college culture.

Being respectful is not a dangerous mindset and if you believe that you should talk to a therapist. I'm serious.
    I doubt that those that got offended were descended from one of the tribes that made use of teepees: there were remarkably few who made such dwellings. Even if the were, for all their talk of their strong culture, I doubt they themselves take part in the spiritualism on any serious level. Its rather common for tribes to pay lip service rather than get serious about their heritage.

It's always stuck me as ironic that so many tribes go and associate with all other tribes when they all had histories of constant war and bloodshed and their cultures tended to be very different from one to another. It'd be like saying the people of Europe are of one culture.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I'm not upset about anything. I'm sitting at a desk relaxing and having my morning coffee and laughing at the stupidity and immaturity that is college culture.
    A Tipi is a semi sacred item so people being upset or insulted is understandable. I just feel if this were in relation to something American or Christian that this wouldn't really be a topic.
    Last edited by Themius; 2015-04-04 at 04:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    A Tipi is a semi sacred item so people being upset or insulted is understandable. I just feel is this were in relation to something American or Christian that this wouldn't really be a topic.
    There's plenty of art that depicts a crucifix or Jesus or the Flag, ect in a, if not neutral, than a negative light.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    A Tipi is a semi sacred item so people being upset or insulted is understandable.
    Some are in some contexts. Mostly, they're just easily transportable dwellings, a Native-American version of a really excellent tent. Treating ordinary Native-American things as sacred is actually kind of silly and feeds into the stereotype of all Native-American culture as being mystical. Sometimes, a house is just a house.

Once again its people being self rightous for the sake of being self rightous. It the same thing whena comedian makes a joke on the internet and peopl who are "not smart" or misguided blow it out of proportion.

Such lack of common sense only serves t dilute the issues that matter. The ego is a powerful force though.