Gaming monitor, prize per inch

So im having plans to buy a new screen soon (this is not a upgrade help thread) But ive been checking various websites and alot of them claim that a 27" monitor for gaming now isnt worth the money unless its a 1440.

So im curious, do you get more for the money with a 24" 1080p than a 27" 1080p for gaming these days? Other than you can sit further away from the 24" with the latter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Deleted
    27'' for 1080 is quite frankly on the big side, and you don't get anything beyond more visible aliasing. It can be helpful if you plan on placing the monitor quite far away. Also keep in mind development of panels in that space is limited, so panel quality usually lags behind 23/24 inch 1080, and significantly behind 1440 27'' panels.

I'd advice you ask yourself why you want a 27'' screen in the first place. On its own, it does nothing but make everything bigger without adding more detail.
    Last edited by mmoca371db5304; 2015-04-03 at 04:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't recommend anything above 24" for 1080p, its more about PPI (pixels per inch) than screen size.

a 1440p monitor at that size has around 108 PPI while a 1080p sits around 80, with a normal 24" 1080p at around 90, it will look a fair bit blurry in comparison.

hmm so if i want a 27 i really should just get 1440, and anything above 24 for 1080 is less bang for buck.

Thanks for clarification. reason i want a 27 is beacuse i sometimes watch movies from my pc aswell but i tend to change chair so i lean back alot, making me go further away from the screen. But eitherway this info helped with the purchase so cheers again!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's not really a price per inch unless you mean pixel per inch.

Price wise, when you're buying a monitor you'd be looking at various factors.
    Features you want, type of panel you want, build quality, calibration, gamut, bit, and so on.
    Quality of life stuff like ambient light sensors, USB hub, picture in picture, picture by picture, human motion sensor, etc.

With what you're asking you're more looking for a VA (and it's varients) or IPS (and their variants).
    A budget would be nice to know.

Personally, I have dual 24". I feel they are the perfect size. I have never understood why people want bigger monitors than that. TVs? Sure, the bigger the better, you are sitting on the other side of the room after all. Monitors? You are sitting right in-front of it. I like to be able to see the edges of my screen while looking at the center.