Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly wouldn't mind to see more dead characters in the end. Specially Alphinaud...I hate that bastard. I'm a ****ing Warrior of Light, not his lowly errand boy!
    Arukas

Quote Originally Posted by arukas View Post
    I honestly wouldn't mind to see more dead characters in the end. Specially Alphinaud...I hate that bastard. I'm a ****ing Warrior of Light, not his lowly errand boy!
    I was hoping to see minfillia die lol. I got my wish. I love the fact that alphinaud goes all employees to and is all like I was meant to protect my sister! Yet instead she protected me! Yet he let her go into the binding coil on her own... Nice work alph

15+ Year Old Account
    Your not a warrior of the light anymore. You got that taken away from you during keeper of the lake in patch 2.5.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sluggs View Post
    Your not a warrior of the light anymore. You got that taken away from you during keeper of the lake in patch 2.5.
    Even before that he treated me like his personal butler.
    Arukas

There are some other npcs in Uldah that talk about the event. A pld looking dude in front of the adventures guild (named gossiper or something) talks about an adventurer that went crazy during the party.

Quote Originally Posted by Nasriel View Post
    I was hoping to see minfillia die lol. I got my wish. I love the fact that alphinaud goes all employees to and is all like I was meant to protect my sister! Yet instead she protected me! Yet he let her go into the binding coil on her own... Nice work alph
    I suspect Minfilia is alive and was captured. Y'shtola and Thancred are the most likely to have died in my opinion.

I'm somewhat expecting Papalymo and Yda to meet up with us in Ishgard, having escaped after that Final Heaven limit break.

10+ Year Old Account
    But Final Heaven is single target! >.>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    I suspect Minfilia is alive and was captured. Y'shtola and Thancred are the most likely to have died in my opinion.

I'm somewhat expecting Papalymo and Yda to meet up with us in Ishgard, having escaped after that Final Heaven limit break.
    I can see Minfilia, Y'shtola and Thancred escaping (tunnel collapsing giving them time to escape or something); Yda and Papalymo probably got captured (being cornered and outnumbered even after that mega-punch :P). You read it here first!
    Last edited by arukas; 2015-04-16 at 11:16 PM.
    Arukas

10+ Year Old Account
    They can make it a bit dark.

Papalymo lost an eye or limp.
    Yda got captured and got raped.
    Y'Shtola alive but paralyzed.
    Thancred got hit on the head and lost all his memories.
    Minfilia got disfigured and had to wear a mask in the future.
    Urianger was a spy from the start and he actually planned the death of that girl cause she was too annoying.
    Alphinaud became emo.
    Alisaie try to tend for her brother and developed incestuous love for him
    Tataru is now in love with you (whether you are male or female)

Unlikely but possible as SE already had character implied to have been raped in the Ala'Migo quest, and recent turn of quests had turned rather dark.

I feel like this was meant to be a breaking point for Alphinaud's character, like Square realized how obnoxious and haughty he was, so the crystal braves coup was meant to humble him.

Hopefully this means next we see him he'll be more worldly and all around a better character

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post

Urianger was a spy from the start and he actually planned the death of that girl cause she was too annoying.
    Alphinaud became emo.

Unlikely but possible as SE already had character implied to have been raped in the Ala'Migo quest, and recent turn of quests had turned rather dark.
    What am I reading, lol.

Deleted

Alphinaud became emo.

I would love if any of those happen, maybe not tataru because i hate all tarutaru...

Alphinaud became emo.

Are you actively suggesting they to ruin the game?!?! That would be a stupid set of plot twists. The last thing we need is a creepy incest story line. Don't be weird :/

Personally, I see the survivors (if there are any) meeting up with us in Ishgard at some point in the future and us learning about their escape as the story progresses. Yeah I'm sure they'll be a little more worse for wear, but otherwise whole and hale.

The way it looks like Heavensward is staged along with the ending of 2.55, I don't really see us going back to the 3 city states, but I may be surprised.

We're one person, branded as a traitor, siding with a nation that JUST came back into the alliance (so Ishgard likely won't go against every other nation in the alliance with them being the newby estranged son come home type of deal). I don't really see a rescue mission happening in that kind of political climate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasriel View Post
    The last thing we need is a creepy incest story line. Don't be weird :/
    If anything that bit is the more "normal" twist.

We all knew about those "oni-chan" complex in many anime, and this is a Japanese game....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    I don't really see a rescue mission happening in that kind of political climate.
    We may have no choice as the Ascian has influence in the politics of Ishgard.

If anything that bit is the more "normal" twist.

We all knew about those "oni-chan" complex in many anime, and this is a Japanese game....

- - - Updated - - -

Ehhhh, Japanese kind of look down on incest as much as English-speaking countries, like, comparatively it's reserved for creepy villains. There's a difference between loving your sibling, and "loving" your sibling.
    Last edited by Veluren; 2015-04-17 at 11:40 PM.

I was more referring to going back into the 3 city states to rescue Raubauhn or any surviving Scions should they be captured or in need of rescue.

I fully expect to be smashing that Ascians face in at some point. The Holy See may be corrupted but we're getting in good with the rank and file of the place, if we expose the Ascian influence and do something about it, we'll be as big a hero in Ishgard as we were/ are in the other 3 city states.

I doubt we'll see an incest plot twist. Especially between underage characters.

On the subject of the Holy See I think he'll become a major antagonist during the expansion. Either willingly or unwillingly. After all, he's a religious figure and the Ascians may twist that to their advantage and turn him into some sort of 'Primal'. Lady Iceheart became Shiva, after all. Plus the track record for religious figures in RPG's isn't good. They're often the bad guys one way or another.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    I doubt we'll see an incest plot twist. Especially between underage characters.

On the subject of the Holy See I think he'll become a major antagonist during the expansion. Either willingly or unwillingly. After all, he's a religious figure and the Ascians may twist that to their advantage and turn him into some sort of 'Primal'. Lady Iceheart became Shiva, after all. Plus the track record for religious figures in RPG's isn't good. They're often the bad guys one way or another.
    I feel it's a bit too telling the recent lore reveal about Dark Knights existing to reign in the Temple Knights when they go to far. Felt a bit too pointed with the likely Ascian involvement in the Holy See.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nara Numas View Post
    Felt a bit too pointed with the likely Ascian involvement in the Holy See.
    There is already a cutscene in the last tier I think, where it shows the Holy See with Ascian standing behind "the pope"