Thread: Ele logs

Ele logs

Hello all, my guld has been short on rdps lately, so im playing ele for some fights, but am pretty new to it, and would like a critique of my logs please https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ummary&fight=9

bump, hoping for some replies D:

Your flame shock up-time was near perfect, only your deaths really made it drop. Your lava surge usage was near perfect too.

You need to log with advanced combat logging enabled:
    "The Advanced Combat Logging feature must be enabled in World of Warcraft's settings in order to view a resource graph. This setting can be found in the Network pane under System preferences."

That will enable me to look at your lightning shield usage.

Your searing totem should be up a little more frequently. Make sure you replace it shortly after it runs out.

Don't use storm ele for this fight, the phase changes and the length of the fight make it a poor choice. Use better shock talent.

Your overall active time was 99.5% while active so you were always casting.

That was all based on one of the longer pulls, taking a quick look at other logs you need to make sure you use lava surges sooner.

Generally speaking your play is fine. You should look at upgrading your trinkets, putting on max enchants and gems for multistrike if you want to see more dps and just more gear in general. I assume you have been lower priority because healer. You could get a 4/4 alch and a 4/4 dmf trinket if you wanted.
    Last edited by desert-wind; 2015-04-07 at 09:56 AM.

Heyo, thanks for the replies!
    A couple of question though:
    1) Opener should i be using 2x lava burst before Ascendance(im assuming they recharge during ascendance?)
    2) If i run elemental fusion should i be changing my shock usage at all?

Quote Originally Posted by nexellent View Post
    Heyo, thanks for the replies!
    A couple of question though:
    1) Opener should i be using 2x lava burst before Ascendance(im assuming they recharge during ascendance?)
    2) If i run elemental fusion should i be changing my shock usage at all?
    1) They do, you will come out of Asc with 2x LvB charges.
    2) Fusion doesn't change your rotation at all, just dps as normal. With the rate at which LvSurge procs we generally always have a 2 stack for every Flame Shock.

Quote Originally Posted by Hames View Post
    Just a quick note, even without UF you can use Unleash Flame for your flame shock at 2 stacks of EF.
    Correct if the Shock is going to be on the target for its full duration. Forgot to mention that. A marginal gain is still a gain, though I wouldn't consider that a tip to give to someone new to the spec.