Why the 1 hr follower death debuff ....

On the one hand you can go questing and such in your healing spec.

On the other hand, smart heals are so stupid that after about five minutes you have to take a 60 minute timeout.

And of course you also have to back to your garrison.

WHAT is the freakin' point of this? Was annoying and pointless on Day 1 of the expansion, still annoying and pointless.

Just like everything else in the game, can't always be easy.

Plus of the achievement I take it. Glad I got it done when I found these swarm of flies that respawned instantly before the hotfixed that.

It doesn't make anything any harder.

It just makes it slower for no obvious reason.

Also, smart heals (atonement in particular) are so broken where minions are concerned.

So you're a healer who wants to quest in healing spec, not advised in general but possible. You help make it easier by getting a bodyguard to do more damage. You then complain that your smart heals aren't enough to keep your bodyguard alive when you could very easily directly heal it.

It sounds to me like you want to be a healer that doesn't heal, some might even say you want to be a dps. Problem solved.
    You're just jealous because the voices are talking to me!

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's just Blizzard's way of saying "COME BACK TO YOUR GARRISON". And stay the fuck put.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Alfakennyone View Post
    Plus of the achievement I take it. Glad I got it done when I found these swarm of flies that respawned instantly before the hotfixed that.
    Farming grubs in Gorgrond is just as easy. Took me like 20 minutes a bodyguard to max them out.

Quote Originally Posted by Aethilus View Post
    So you're a healer who wants to quest in healing spec, not advised in general but possible. You help make it easier by getting a bodyguard to do more damage. You then complain that your smart heals aren't enough to keep your bodyguard alive when you could very easily directly heal it.

It sounds to me like you want to be a healer that doesn't heal, some might even say you want to be a dps. Problem solved.
    You obviously haven't tried using a bodyguard as a healer.

You can't put the minion into a group with you and smart heals basically don't heal minions, they just go off into space. Smart heals would rather heal nearby players you aren't grouped with than your minion.

Everything you might already have set up involving healing is pretty much completely fucked as a result. Yes you can target your bodyguard and spam targeted heals. Yes you can focus your bodyguard. Yes you can write new macros to target bodyguards. Yes that's a pointless pain in the ass that shouldn't be necessary at all.

Et cetera.

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    It's just Blizzard's way of saying "COME BACK TO YOUR GARRISON". And stay the fuck put.
    I think you may be right.

Quote Originally Posted by Ballrug View Post
    Yes you can focus your bodyguard.
    How, then, is this a problem? Try PvP at a decent rating and then complain to me about setting a focus target.

Quote Originally Posted by Henako View Post
    How, then, is this a problem? Try PvP at a decent rating and then complain to me about setting a focus target.
    It's because you can't group with your goddamn minion and the game refuses to let minions work as if you were grouped with them anyway.

Has absolutely nothing to do with the way that healing works on other human players.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kektonic View Post
    Farming grubs in Gorgrond is just as easy. Took me like 20 minutes a bodyguard to max them out.
    Does this still work?!
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka

Quote Originally Posted by Treeskee View Post
    Does this still work?!
    As of like.. Saturday when I did it so.. yes?

I really wish you could have a pet bar for attack/defensive/passive for your bodyguard. Or you could swap them out in the field. Or you could re-summon after they did.

You know, like SWTOR does.
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge

Quote Originally Posted by Vajarra View Post
    I really wish you could have a pet bar for attack/defensive/passive for your bodyguard. Or you could swap them out in the field. Or you could re-summon after they did.

You know, like SWTOR does.
    It's ridiculous to have BOTH the already-ridiculous debuff AND the need to go back to the garrison to change followers.

That keeps people out in the world, how?

Same reason why Richter doesn't start with a silenced Uzi in Hotline Miami 2.

You can't expect them to make it easy on you.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

It keeps you from being stupid and forces you to actually paying attention. And considering I've max out rep on 4 bodyguards and have only had 1 die once I really have to question WTH you are doing to your poor bodyguard

Quote Originally Posted by Fang7986 View Post
    It keeps you from being stupid and forces you to actually paying attention. And considering I've max out rep on 4 bodyguards and have only had 1 die once I really have to question WTH you are doing to your poor bodyguard
    Vivianne is quite proficient at killing herself. Aeda is even better at it. I don't know what weird playstyle you are using ... oh wait, I do know, "tank." You can't kill a follower as a tank unless you somehow fail to aggro mobs, because when you die, that's it.

Meanwhile, it's already interesting enough playing World of Knockbackcraft and World of Interruptcraft without having to play World of Followerhealingcraft at the same time.
    Last edited by Ballrug; 2015-04-04 at 02:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fang7986 View Post
    Until Ishaal decides he wants to cast from 40+ yards away, stands in patrol routes and doesn't do anything to save himself. As a Melee, he's quite possibly the most frustrating bodyguard. In fact, all of them are fucking useless, they do no damage and just get in the way.