Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    Britains intergenerational income mobility is even lower you should probably be more self reflective before didshing out that heavy handed about toxic counter culture.
    Except I came from a Working Class family, poor as dirt, and managed to get myself a fucking Degree without crippling debt breathing down my neck until I am fiscally stable.

I'd say our "Intergenerational income mobility" is better than "Once poor always poor".

Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    Immigrants to me are cowards...
    It's hard for me to even fathom a statement that could be further from the truth. People that leave their homeland to seek a better life in a place where they're unfamiliar with the culture and language are pretty much the opposite of cowards. I'm very grateful to my immigrant ancestors and to my fiancee's immigrant parents. I'd bet they're all a lot more impressive people those that sit comfortably in their old world countries and look down on them.

I have a viewpoint that everyone has an ancestral place in the world, a place they belong. Immigrants to me are cowards And Politicans are greedy for not helping these people have their own place in the world proper.
    Exhibit A.

Education, as you said. Starting with Adult education. Cracking down on crime. Hard. Breaking up gangs, Funding youth centres. Destroying ebonics culture one block at a time.
    What is "ebonics culture"? And these are all great, but I don't see how they preclude or negate helping qualified students attain higher education they couldn't otherwise attain.

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    what disadvantage is that? Scholarships are already out there based on income and grants as well
    Which is exactly the kind of thing I'm arguing for. Things like Pell Grants are what I'm talking about.

I don't think many of the people that bitch about AA are big on legacy admits either. The people that actually privileged enough to be keen on legacy admissions are a pretty small group... but they're the group with the bucks to please universities.
    IDK man, they might care, but its not like it ever gets complained about. Not like some poor black kid getting a hand. I think people don't really realize the effect legacy admission has though either.

I find it hilariously ironic than a country cannot somehow favor it's national religion if it's white.

England should favor Christianity, I say this as a staunch Atheist. Because we invented our own fucking branch of it.
    I like my governments secular thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Being a good student helps as well. White guy who had scholarships, right here.
    Yes except you had far far far far less options than a black female has. That is a fact. So if you didn't get the scholarships you had applied you can easily just keep trying as a black female.

I have a viewpoint that everyone has an ancestral place in the world, a place they belong. Immigrants to me are cowards And Politicans are greedy for not helping these people have their own place in the world proper.
    One of my friends growing up was a kid who's family fled ethnic cleansing in Bosnia. So kindly stop talking.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    What is "ebonics culture"? And these are all great, but I don't see how they preclude or negate helping qualified students attain higher education they couldn't otherwise attain.
    The idea that "The man" is out to get them so Police should be ridiculed and gangs be idolized. Of course you need stricter parameters on the Police force.

Deleted
    Except I came from a Working Class family, poor as dirt, and managed to get myself a fucking Degree without crippling debt breathing down my neck until I am fiscally stable.

I'd say our "Intergenerational income mobility" is better than "Once poor always poor".
    The toxic counter culture is keeping the other working class children down or what is you explanation of why your annectodal diverges so much from the mean?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Being a good student helps as well. White guy who had scholarships, right here.
    I wonder what where the requirements for those scholarships. For example I know that many scholarships ask for at least a 3.0 GPA (Basically a B), which while not necessarily good, it isn't bad either. But as with many of these scholarships that best candidate(s) wins. So I'd say being a good student helps more, followed by being a minority.
    Black Lives Matter

Which is exactly the kind of thing I'm arguing for. Things like Pell Grants are what I'm talking about.
    That is why they DO NOT need things like United Negro College Fund. Or when you have(off topic) United Way which helps all families of any race and Black United Way which only helps blacks in addition to United Way.

Remove the scholarships targeting a race or gender or ethnic background because technically right now it's leaning towards biased against white males. I know I was totally rolling in the dough growing up just because I was white.... right.

Deleted
    The toxic counter culture is keeping the other working class children down or what is you explanation of why your annectodal diverges so much from the mean?
    Yes, it is. Cultural Secularism and anti-establishment counter-cultures make it difficult for these children to get educations because of their influences.

If you keep telling the people in the projects that "The school establishment just hates black people" isn't it demoralising? Doesn't it have a lasting effect?

Shouldn't EFFORT BE DONE TO FIX IT?

The idea that "The man" is out to get them so Police should be ridiculed and gangs be idolized. Of course you need stricter parameters on the Police force.
    And what does the government do about that?

You know, only one religion in the US is actively being catered to in our political system right now. Its not Muslims.
    Seeing it's the religion this country was founded on. But I think religion should be banned.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    We only burn oil in this house! Oil that comes from decent, god-fearing sources like dinosaurs! Which didn't exist!

Yes except you had far far far far less options than a black female has. That is a fact. So if you didn't get the scholarships you had applied you can easily just keep trying as a black female.
    Seems to have really held me back

I think I'm about equally impressed with every individual that bitches that their identity is why they haven't had success in life

Deleted
    Yes, it is. Cultural Secularism and anti-establishment counter-cultures make it difficult for these children to get educations because of their influences.

If you keep telling the people in the projects that "The school establishment just hates black people" isn't it demoralising? Doesn't it have a lasting effect?

Shouldn't EFFORT BE DONE TO FIX IT?
    They hate working class children in britain too the coincidence.

That is why they DO NOT need things like United Negro College Fund. Or when you have(off topic) United Way which helps all families of any race and Black United Way which only helps blacks in addition to United Way.

Remove the scholarships targeting a race or gender or ethnic background because technically right now it's leaning towards biased against white males. I know I was totally rolling in the dough growing up just because I was white.... right.
    Help for poor students does not necessarily preclude help for people of minority status in other ways.

Deleted
    One of my friends growing up was a kid who's family fled ethnic cleansing in Bosnia. So kindly stop talking.
    I blame the politicans and the world for not helping him then. Perhaps coward was the wrong word. Pitiable.

15+ Year Old Account
    It would be strange if whites were >50% of the world's population.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    Seeing it's the religion this country was founded on. But I think religion should be banned.
    This nation was not founded on any religion. But if anyone has any room to complain about religious law creeping into a secular government its not the christians.

Deleted
    They hate working class children in britain too the coincidence.
    Funnily enough, I had a whole slew of Middle class and upper class friends growing up. So where does this working class hatred stem save for Oxford and Cambridge levels of assholery?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    It would be strange if whites were >50% of the world's population.
    It would literally change nothing, Germans and Brits are white yet we don't get along and favoritism is inbound always.