Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    Damn it!

I'm a pally, so it will only offer me the sword! But I wanted the mace!

*Cries*
    Pallys can equip maces though...

Unless you're a dwarf :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    Damn it!

I'm a pally, so it will only offer me the sword! But I wanted the mace!

*Cries*
    Can't really remember though but was the mace healer one and 1h int sword as dps caster one? Also, have you tried switching loot spec/actual spec for healer?

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    I got it 1st day of new instances and just did the quest, figured it just always dropped.
    At the very start the drop rate was higher - got nerfed in a few days or weeks i believe. I ran these dungeons into the hundreds and never saw one drop. I eventually bought one for 5k from someone...

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletroll View Post
    Can't really remember though but was the mace healer one and 1h int sword as dps caster one? Also, have you tried switching loot spec/actual spec for healer?
    The variable reward system wasn't implemented until MoP quests. Classic-Cata what you see is what you get.

As such, only Priests, Druids and Shamans can see the alternative rewards. Everyone else gets a sword.
    Last edited by Lumineus; 2015-04-05 at 10:13 PM.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

15+ Year Old Account
    My main? Every day until it was no longer needed, then of course it dropped for my Hunter alt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ahahahahah. What Battered Hilt?

10+ Year Old Account
    1st day they went live I won the roll. During numerous achievement hunting attempts later on down the road, I saw another one probably 40 runs later.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I do not have enough hands to apply enough palms to my face.

Update:

I've just decided to grind for the hilt again on my warrior (For my pally, I had intended to get the mace which I had designed an entire transmog around - which I discovered to my dismay to be impossible - but quite fortunately, the sword works well with my preexisting warrior transmog!), and it dropped on my second run of Pit of Saron, not 6 minutes into my farm (my runs are all the trash packs on the southern side of the pit that I can rally up in a couple of minutes or less), so it looks like the droprate is indeed 1% for all the mobs. It may be just good RNG, but the commenters on WoWhead, the official forums, and here on this very thread would seem to confirm WoWhead's average of 1% droprate per mob.

TL;DR, if you want the hilt, go run the dungeon for a bit and it WILL drop sooner or later. 1% droprate really adds up when your slaying dozens and dozens of trash per run every few minutes, and you can easily fit them in between raid/BG queues.

10+ Year Old Account
    I got it, the 3rd time it dropped, while the instance was current content..
    Don't know how many runs, but 3 instances, that could drop it, did atleast one of the dungeons on daily basis (I loooooooooooved to tank HoR), and took around 2 weeks to get..

5K (AH price) was waaaaaaaaaaaaaay above my budget for a single item in WotLK..
    Last edited by FuxieDK; 2015-04-09 at 08:01 AM.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Deleted
    I did the instance over 200 +. No thing, so i bought it on BM.

Got mine first couple runs of Forge when it was new content. Sold the 2nd for 20kish

1. :3

Got it day one, but it was also bugged on day 1 with a ridiculous drop rate, so the guild I was in at the time got like 7 in the 3 dungeons.
    I'm a Kitsune! Not a cat, or a mutt!

Never seen one drop, haven't farmed for one yet but would like to have the sword on my paladin or warrior.

my brother got one last week on his 7th clear of Forge of Souls...

Whoops. Sorry about that Image... I could of sworn I threw that into another thread... Not sure what happened.
    Last edited by Shadow Fox; 2015-04-12 at 04:12 AM.
    I'm a Kitsune! Not a cat, or a mutt!

I've got 4 sitting in my bags from just a handful of PoS runs and can't get rid of them. Even at 4k buyout no one on my realm wants the darn things

Edit: got 2 more today. Still can't sell them...
    Last edited by Arom; 2015-04-13 at 02:39 AM.

I've still yet to see it drop /
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

I've gotten about 7-8 of them since wrath. I farm the 3 ICC dungeons often for cloth and greens. Makes a decent amount of gold, not much, but decent enough. I enjoy those dungeons, so I don't mind running them often.

I got it on my warrior back in WoTLK, just when the dungeons from which it dropped opened. I think I saw 1 or 2 hilts drop before I got lucky on the 3 drop. It was almost after 10-15 runs in Pit of Saron.

bought it on release day.
    won two as a drop the same day.
    never seen another one after that.
    I like my coffe like my mages.