Poll: Do you Vendor or Auction your Salvaged Greens?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I vendor or d/e. Tried to do it based on transmogs, but barely sold anything that way so I just go for the quick cash instead.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Vendor all weapons, DE greens that turn into hypnotic dust, vendor everything else. MoP and WoD greens are worth more to the vendor than the dust on my server.

Most of the rare transmog items are getting undercut into oblivion on the AH, I don't even bother checking or posting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveZaer View Post
    I had to list a Teebu's for about a month before it sold too, but it was still 15k.
    Me too, eventually sold it for 10k.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just before I took a break I think I had around 500 unopened items. Out of so many missions I only ever got 1 purple boe.
    The light that burns twice as bright burns for half as long - and you have burned so very, very brightly.

Pretty stuff? I try to sell to Xmoggers for 3 to 5 times, then I sell to NPCs, if no one is buying in the AH.
    Otherwise is I sell <90 and mail to my DE if >90.

I have an addon that checks the greens to see if they are no longer obtainable in game through any other means and then i'll auction house those because they are extremely expensive.

Otherwise if <90 I vendor, if >90 I DE.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

It depends. I usually check the AH for the prices if I think the item looks cool. Most of my toons are on a RP realm, so transmog gear sells fairly well. If the price listed on the AH doesn't seem worth the trouble, I'll vendor it.

But if it's an item that's 90+, I send it to my enchanters if it's green. Blues go on the AH unless they absolutely won't sell.

Deleted
    i always check the green in the dressing room and then make an assumption if it might sell well.
    if it does i check the AH prices for it and if they're decent enough i'll list it (generall undercutting a lot but with it being high enough above the vendor price, so that it sells quickly).
    everything i judge not pretty enough i just vendor and things with barely any profit from the AH i also vendor.

which probably leads to about 95% to be sold to a vendor and the rest being sold through the AH.

I send xmogable pieces to my bank alt. They end up disappearing from my email along with pretty much everything else because I am too lazy to try and ah the stuff.

I sell them all on the AH. Make about 20k a week from one garrison. When it doesn't sell after 5 re-lists, I disenchant and make some money on that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe I'm totally stupid, but I go with a third option - I send them all to my enchanter.

I always see what they look like for AH potential, and 99% of the time i vendor unless it is epic or a quality weapon piece.

Deleted
    Well it depends, if I find something that looks like a cool transmog I usually go put it on AH. But its kinda rare to find something that looks good, atleast for me.

Keep anything of value, 300g or more. DE anything that gives hypnotic dust and vendor the rest.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    I vendor all the greens. Rarely you will get a green that sells easily for 200g+, but it's not worth the hassle for me going over each and every one of them just in case. Just going by the addon tooltips is not really a good idea either since all of them have different prefixes and a common item "of the whale" could only have 1 crazy person trying to sell it for 500 gold.

So yeah, I just vendor them all and save myself a headache.
    Depending on the addon you use, you can ignore the suffixes.
    Main toon: Priest
    Alts: Rogue, Druid and Paladin plus many, many more.

Quote Originally Posted by Furell View Post
    How do you even know which greens sell well on the AH?
    Get an auction addon like auctioneer.

Deleted
    It's not worth it to auction low level greens.

Quote Originally Posted by kickz View Post
    It's not worth it to auction low level greens.
    It can be worth it to auction them, given that some of them depending on server, can sell for thousands.

Quote Originally Posted by medievalman1 View Post
    It can be worth it to auction them, given that some of them depending on server, can sell for thousands.
    Well that's the rub, it depends on the server. My server doesn't have a healthy transmog market so AH for transmog is generally a money pit.

Anything that sells for less than 500g is vendored or DEed depending on the values, these days that usually means that blues are vendored. DE value has to be a reasonable amount higher for me to DE it, to factor in storage and turn around 'costs'.

<Lv91: Vendor
    >Lv91 and <15g: DE (only a few "small" pieces like bracers will fit this category)
    >Lv91 and >15g: Vendor

Exception: DE All blues except weapons (vendor those).

There's no way 2-3 dust is worth 20-25g for the Lv91+ weapons, lol. Some of them go up to 30-40g at Lv100 even.

As far as Transmog items... I don't think a couple hundred here-and-there is really going to be worth the time listing and re-listing, and re-listing to get it to sell. I'll just take my 5-20g and go; there's plenty more where that came from. Unless it was something like a Teebu's or something, then yeah.
    Last edited by Xaelai; 2015-04-19 at 11:06 PM.