Poll: Do you Vendor or Auction your Salvaged Greens?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Depends, some cool T-Mogs can be sold for about ~60k gold on the AH. (rare robes for example, after Cataclysm no longer obtainable with unique model)
    So it's going like that:
    -it looks stupid/not unique model - vendoring it,
    -it looks cool/nice model/has a big value - checking AH/WoWHead/Other sources -AH it.

I sold a stupid green staff for 1,5k.
    Also found 3x BiS trinkets in 6.0.
    (I'm only playing on one character, and that's my main)

10+ Year Old Account
    It depends how much they would sell for, but most are vendored or DE'd. I use auctioneer and the undermine journal addon to determine what I'll sell and what goes to the vendor/DE.

15+ Year Old Account
    I DE lvl 91+ greens and vendor the rest.

I vendor every green, mainly because it would take to much time to put them all on the action house.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Depends, some cool T-Mogs can be sold for about ~60k gold on the AH. (rare robes for example, after Cataclysm no longer obtainable with unique model)
    Once you get that thing from Salvage Yard, expect tons of other people get it aswell meaning you will never sell it for 60k since the AH will be flooded. Happened to Teebu's Blazing Longsword, Blade of Wizardry and other similar items.

Deleted
    I vendor greens and low level epics, DE blue's from the salvage set and sell the occasional wod epic. Most of the times i cant even be bothered to open the crates so auctioning the greens is even worse :P

Quote Originally Posted by Mlz View Post
    Once you get that thing from Salvage Yard, expect tons of other people get it aswell meaning you will never sell it for 60k since the AH will be flooded. Happened to Teebu's Blazing Longsword, Blade of Wizardry and other similar items.
    Exactly, any "rare" item has at least 5 copies of it rotating on the AH in the endless dance of undercutters. I play on a big server, but on a small server where you have the only copy of something you need to evaluate if the server isn't too small to have a market for such stuff anyway. I usually dump "interesting" greens for 50-100 gold so I get more than vendor price, but most goes to vendor if it doesn't sell within 3 days, otherwise I wouldn't be doing anything in this game than just endlessly reposting my auctions. If your super duper awesome transmog piece takes 6 months to sell you sank significant amount of money into AH fees and if you have plenty of such greens and low lvl epics your auction count grows into hundreds as they come faster than they sell.

I thank the AH moguls that buy my crap for flipping, since they have time to waste on endless reposting, while I can get a bit more than vendor price. Recently some flipper bought my chromatic sword for 100k so he can flip it for 300k... well good luck to him, there comes my 2+ wow tokens, and I couldn't sell that stupid sword for good half a year now. And mind you, that's an item not available from salvage yard, I wanted to dump it before they reintroduce it and ruin its value (hey, enchant formula: icy chill and so on)

I really have no idea if anyone ever buys those "awesome transmogs", like there's a guy spamming trade every day wanting to sell some lvl 58 bikini plate pants, so if he's still spamming, he sure didn't sell it so far.

I think it's more of a gamble than actually predictable profit.

Deleted
    I have like 1100 of these Boxes over all of my Chars, is there a way to open them efficiently? Even with a Script to auto-open, the Inventory still gets full pretty quick. o_0

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hadley-II View Post
    I have like 1100 of these Boxes over all of my Chars, is there a way to open them efficiently? Even with a Script to auto-open, the Inventory still gets full pretty quick. o_0
    Once your bags are full the rest of the items will be sent to your mailbox, so I just open all crates, vendor shit then I just open all mails and vendor/DE stuff as it comes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodom View Post
    Once your bags are full the rest of the items will be sent to your mailbox, so I just open all crates, vendor shit then I just open all mails and vendor/DE stuff as it comes.
    Thats even worse, then you have to open and delete 300 mails...

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm too lazy to put much thought or effort into the salvage. My simply priority is:
    1) AH or use WoD 655+ epics
    2) DE any "610 class xmog" pieces, as they vendor for only ~2G at most. (I have the enchanting shack on everyone)
    3) Vendor everything else.
    Last edited by Deathgoose; 2015-04-25 at 03:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hadley-II View Post
    Thats even worse, then you have to open and delete 300 mails...
    I use Postal to open mails, Vend-o-matic to vendor greenies, whites and grays automatically and this macro to delete the mails afterwards:

/click MailItem1Button
    /click OpenMailAttachmentButton1
    /click OpenMailDeleteButton

If you automate the opening of crates or use a multiboxing software to do it while you're doing other stuff this is by far the easiest and fastest way to do it.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    i kinda do both, first i look how the green looks. if it looks like something someone might buy for transmog i put it on AH, if it dont sell i well vendor it.