Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Worth Mythic raiding?

I can't decide if I want to continue Mythic raiding or not. We're currently 5/10M and it's been meh, but those are the easier bosses and we're starting to get into Thogar and Kromog then comes the challenge of the last three. The schedule for my raid, and other similar raids/guilds, don't currently fit into my schedule. The only real incentive I can see for me to keep going is the mount and I think my guild would get there eventually, but with only being one mount and still far away from there, I was wondering if it was worth it to continue as is, take a break till summer, or perhaps take a break from raiding in general till next tier? Are you guys enjoying Mythic so far? First 5 bosses weren't that hard and they are just as bland as Heroic.

If your only incentive is the mount just quit now. The point of mythic raiding is to do the only thing in this game still remotely challenging (first 5 don't count at all).

10+ Year Old Account
    If you like raiding, go ahead keep raiding
    If you don't like raiding, go ahead stop raiding

We can't really tell you how to feel. Personally I am enjoying mythic atm, the next 5 bosses are all pretty decent.
    Compared to any first tier of an expac I have raided, I rate it the highest; which is only a good sign for the next tier to come c:

Edit: 9/10M working on blackhand
    Last edited by Filfa; 2015-04-05 at 08:14 AM.

Deleted
    Honestly, if you are doing it only for the mount, there would also be the possibility to just buy it later on.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you like raiding and like a challenge pushing yourself to the limit then ofc its worth raiding mythic but if you only do it for the mount and the guild your in isnt that fast with the kills on each boss your only gonna torture yourself every week and i would say stop raiding and go back later to get the mount.
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

You need other people to make decisions for you or is this just another thread on how shit Mythic raiding is?

If you don't enjoy raiding, then just don't do it, nothing hard about this. I'll keep on raiding as long as I'm having fun (also 5/10).

Deleted
    Why do people pretend Mythic is a new difficulty.

Can I repaint a piece of shit car and sell it to you people brand new? Based on the logic of the Internet; yes. The question should be is the tier good. Personally I think it's meh but we've only done 5 also.

I've been impressed with encounter tuning and difficulty curve, as well as class balance (aside from tanks). Relatively speaking both are much better than before.

Can't really get over the whole Orc/Siege of Orgrimmar similarities though. I'm not someone who gives any shits about immersion in the game but I felt burned out in BRF before it even started.

Deleted
    Do it for the challenge of progressing content, and the thrill of killing a boss, not for a stupid mount.

I'm lucky in that my first two mythic caches contained loot from Iron Maidens, so that by 4 weeks in I didn't even need to kill them. Did that mean when we went up to them I didn't care? No, it was a challenging boss, and there was a huge rush after we killed them, because that's what raiding is for. Its for you, for your team and for the challenge.

This thread is very lolworthy. People raiding for mounts and gear? No wonder you fking hate it and don't find it fulfilling.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by spinandwin View Post
    Can't really get over the whole Orc/Siege of Orgrimmar similarities though. I'm not someone who gives any shits about immersion in the game but I felt burned out in BRF before it even started.
    Yeah I'm not a whinger but I have the same feeling. Highmaul was so refreshing and then it's back inside the orc hole.

No surprise really, people that raid for the sole purpose of obtaining gear or a mount is the same people thats ruining the raiding for the majority. but then again - its the new generation of people already and they are pretty selfish and does not have the time or want to put in the effort for stuff. this is the result

Deleted
    Yeah I'm not a whinger but I have the same feeling. Highmaul was so refreshing and then it's back inside the orc hole.
    Couldn't disagree more, Highmaul was somewhat random and pointless with the only enjoyable encounter being imperator, all of the other bosses felt meh at best and just awfully horrid and clusterfuck at worst. I feel that BRF is designed so much better in terms of actual layout and actual boss fights, favorite fight being mythic thogar by far.
    I enjoy the difficulty and mechanics and everyone in our group is still eager to raid.

I mean the orcs being so focused I agree can get a bit meh, but then honestly are you saying if it was the exact same raid yet all the orc mobs were ogres or draeni you would have enjoyed it more? I don't see that side of it personally.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Khorm View Post
    This thread is very lolworthy. People raiding for mounts and gear? No wonder you fking hate it and don't find it fulfilling.
    Indeed, this thread is so saddening.

Quote Originally Posted by Remery View Post
    The only real incentive I can see for me to keep going is the mount and I think my guild would get there eventually, but with only being one mount and still far away from there, I was wondering if it was worth it to continue as is, take a break till summer, or perhaps take a break from raiding in general till next tier?
    I wouldn't put faith in your guild getting there eventually. There are quite a few guilds who have disbanded being stuck on 8/10M or 9/10M. It hits home that BRF (and the state of WoW atm) is a guild killer when I've seen two top 50 guilds that I've followed for years because they were top in my region disband. These were guilds that have been around 5+ years and have called it quits.

There are several players who have quit the game right after getting their Blackhand kill.

I'm in a very similar position as you. My guild is currently 7/10M and I'm tossing up the idea of quitting raiding. I've raided 3 x a week since November last year (only missing like 3 raids). It's starting to get to the point where raiding isn't as enjoyable and I'd rather be watching tv and chilling out with my wife than raiding.

I'd recommend you to stay around for Kromog and Thogar. They aren't that much of a jump up in difficulty and Thogar is probably the best fight in the entire raid.

I'll be telling our GM and officers this week how i'm feeling and let them know I'll probably quit at the start of May. Taking a break and will possibly return for the next tier.

Quote Originally Posted by Sprizzmode View Post
    Couldn't disagree more, Highmaul was somewhat random and pointless with the only enjoyable encounter being imperator, all of the other bosses felt meh at best and just awfully horrid and clusterfuck at worst. I feel that BRF is designed so much better in terms of actual layout and actual boss fights, favorite fight being mythic thogar by far.
    I enjoy the difficulty and mechanics and everyone in our group is still eager to raid.

I mean the orcs being so focused I agree can get a bit meh, but then honestly are you saying if it was the exact same raid yet all the orc mobs were ogres or draeni you would have enjoyed it more? I don't see that side of it personally.
    You should read and comprehend before you disagree, we are talking about setting not fights.

Quote Originally Posted by spinandwin View Post
    Why do people pretend Mythic is a new difficulty.

Can I repaint a piece of shit car and sell it to you people brand new? Based on the logic of the Internet; yes. The question should be is the tier good. Personally I think it's meh but we've only done 5 also.

I've been impressed with encounter tuning and difficulty curve, as well as class balance (aside from tanks). Relatively speaking both are much better than before.

well as this is blizzard making a different version of their content, your analogy is quite far off.
    it's more like a car manufacturer is repainting their car in some "cool exclusive limited only" colour, while also adding a sport button making the car feel different, adding a couple of extra luxury equipment in the car, and perhaps got some pumped up engine to go with it, call it "car name "insert exclusive sounding word here" edition"
    it is something which is done and I am quite sure it nets quite a lot of money at that.
    Also how you are able to not call it a new difficulty is quite beyond me, as you would be able to do nothing more than bump up the numbers by x% and call it a new difficulty, mythic adds a few new mechanics, some altering your entire approach to the fight, others making the fight harder in general, and others that make the fight more controlled.
    the first 5 were mostly gear checks except for hans and franz, and they were gentle at that too, just ramped up fights from hc, gruul 2 changes, faster slashes and some random balls doing jack shit, beastlord a gear check last phase, oregorger, barely anything, flamebender 2 extra wolves, like what???
    hans and franz a very small change from hc, but adding a phase which can easily be fucked up by a single person... also having the stamps be lethal.

People raiding for mounts and gear? No wonder you fking hate it and don't find it fulfilling.
    mythic raiding would be dead if that didn't exist.
    You should read and comprehend before you disagree, we are talking about setting not fights.
    bahahahaha, yeah loot, mounts and fights doesn't matter guys its all about whether the sun shines in the raid or not, you would be a godly raid designer bro

Im on break now aswell as thru out summer mostly because I dont have a choice tbh, job reasons
    I Think BRF is one of the best raids created ever so If I could be raiding right now I would since we prob wont see anything this good again for quite some time

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    If you are getting tired of doing the same content for the 4th difficulty slider, and you are struggling for time...it's probably not worth it for you unless you really want to have the top gear.

Deleted
    Why not answer my question on the setting instead of making a snide comment? I mean excluding all of the pointless and irrelevant stuff I mentioned about gameplay and boss mechanics if the setting was different with a different race instead of the orc hate would you honestly like it more? I mean the set up of the raid comparatively is great with separate wings rather than it being practically linear. Talking about artwork I don't know what you were expecting, I mean the artwork in highmaul is far from impressive with very little to even look at.

They have to stick to the story they are trying to tell, this horde was built upon what Garrosh brought to them from the future you can't expect it to be completely different. Still unsure if you're referring to the artwork/races/models/theme or what. Theme will be similar, races will be similar, models will be the same and honestly I don't believe SoO and BRF to be that similar.

The big issue that I have with raiding is that when I watch streams of the top raiders in the world, I often times begin to feel like raiding is more of a 'who can commit more time to raiding' than who is actually 'better' (whatever better really means) - I mean idk. The skill cap and skill involved for PvP in general is a lot higher than PvE, maybe give PvP a shot or just chill from raiding and the game as a whole if you're not that into it. Just remember the game is a -game- ; not a job - if you're not into it then you're not into it, not the end of the world.

I recognize the people who commit all this time are playing their characters in PvE at the highest levels possible, but there are a handful of other people that can play their characters as just as high of a level but don't have the time to commit to raiding. So how much does having more mythics than another person really mean?