10+ Year Old Account

Opinions on the DXRacer Brand

Greetings, fellow geeks. I've recently come into a bit of money, and will be moving soon so I need to buy a new computer desk and possibly a new chair. I've been doing a bit of research and it seems like the DXRacer chairs have favorable reviews. Is there a specific model of DXRacer chairs that are a cut above the rest?

When it comes to their new desks that they introduced last September I can't find anything on them. Does anyone own one of these desks, or have tried sitting at one? I just want to know if it's worth dropping 400 dollars on.

Thanks for any help.
    Last edited by Enfilade; 2015-04-04 at 03:41 PM.

Opinions? Sure! They are not too awful, but overpriced. I would honestly rather invest in a quality office chair. A real one, expensive with good warranty from a real office store (and preferrably not a chain).
    Make sure it's ergonomic and can hold you for hours.

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    Opinions? Sure! They are not too awful, but overpriced. I would honestly rather invest in a quality office chair. A real one, expensive with good warranty from a real office store (and preferrably not a chain).
    Make sure it's ergonomic and can hold you for hours.
    Agreed. Go to an office supply store or look for a place that sells new/used office furniture. Go there, sit in the chairs and ask about the ratings. Most office chairs are rated for how many hours you can sit in them comfortably. Choose one that matches you gaming habits and feels comfortable to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the feedback thus far. It's probably worth noting at this point that I have sciatica and have my degree in IT, so I spend a lot of time sitting. Any chair that can handle 8-12 hours of sedentary work comfortably would be best.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bumping this for visibility. Really curious if anyone has used a DXRacer desk still.

Quote Originally Posted by Enfilade View Post
    Bumping this for visibility. Really curious if anyone has used a DXRacer desk still.
    At $400 for the desk I would pass. So many options out there at that price point and below.

I've had my DXRacer chair almost a year and a half now and I'm happy with it. Its on par with my expensive office I had for 10+ yrs in terms of comfort. As for durability its held up so far (like new still in fact) but has a long way to go to match my old office chair.

Chair comfort is really personal though so its a real gamble getting a DXRacer if you have never sat in one before and thats where a good ole office chair has an advantage you can try out dozens of them at your local store to find that perfect match. The only place I know of where you can try out a DXRacer here in the US is Needforseatsusa.com wharehouse in Columbus OH.
    | Intel i5-4670k | Asus Z87-Pro | Xigmatek Dark Knight | Kingston HyperX Fury White 16GB | Sapphire R9 270x | Crucial MX300 750GB | WD 500GB Black | WD 1TB Blue | Cooler Master Haf-X | Corsair AX1200 | Dell 2412m | Ducky Shine 3 | Logitech G13 | Sennheiser HD598 | Mionix Naos 8200 |

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TaintedOne View Post
    At $400 for the desk I would pass. So many options out there at that price point and below.

I've had my DXRacer chair almost a year and a half now and I'm happy with it. Its on par with my expensive office I had for 10+ yrs in terms of comfort. As for durability its held up so far (like new still in fact) but has a long way to go to match my old office chair.

Chair comfort is really personal though so its a real gamble getting a DXRacer if you have never sat in one before and thats where a good ole office chair has an advantage you can try out dozens of them at your local store to find that perfect match. The only place I know of where you can try out a DXRacer here in the US is Needforseatsusa.com wharehouse in Columbus OH.
    Thanks for the feedback. That's my biggest worry, that I may buy the wrong model since I can't try it out in person first. What model chair do you have? Also, if you don't mind me asking, are you anywhere near 5'10 200?

I'm 6'0 200 and the model is the "COMMANDER S II" its discontinued but of course there is the COMMANDER S III ^^
    | Intel i5-4670k | Asus Z87-Pro | Xigmatek Dark Knight | Kingston HyperX Fury White 16GB | Sapphire R9 270x | Crucial MX300 750GB | WD 500GB Black | WD 1TB Blue | Cooler Master Haf-X | Corsair AX1200 | Dell 2412m | Ducky Shine 3 | Logitech G13 | Sennheiser HD598 | Mionix Naos 8200 |

I've had my DXRacer FE for a year and a half now and I'd sum it up this way: meh.

It's fine I guess, but I definitely wouldn't buy another and I wouldn't really recommend it to anyone. Here are the problems I can think of:

I find it to be too stiff (but not in a good, ergonomic way).
    I can never really get truly comfortable. I will get comfortable-ish for a little while, but inevitably end up adjusting positions. Sometimes I'll use the back pillow, sometimes I'll use the provided neck pillow, sometimes I'll use both, but most the time I use neither.

The chair is built solid, for the most part, but my arm rests have been uneven since day one and it bothers me more than you'd think.

My next chair will definitely be something like the Herman Miller Aeron chair. That's what I have at work (I'm a server engineer) and I can sit in the same position all day and not get uncomfortable. They are expensive, but if you're planning on spending 8-12 hours in a chair I'd recommend spending the money. You can get them from Sam's Club now for ~$500, which is a little less than twice as much as I spent on my DCRacer, but they're 5x better.

This is actually the first I've heard of the desk, so I can't really comment on that. I use an IKEA Galant, which has served me well.
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2015-04-08 at 11:50 PM.

Deleted
    Well, they are great. Especially since they are produced in Germany, but 220€ for a Chair is quite a bit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Again, thanks for the responses thus far! I hear a lot of "it's great!" and "it could be better for the price." I'm torn between the Formula and Drifting series. Again, I have sciatica and am 5'10 200. Is there a specific type of fabric that is just a cut above the rest?

Quote Originally Posted by Enfilade View Post
    Again, thanks for the responses thus far! I hear a lot of "it's great!" and "it could be better for the price." I'm torn between the Formula and Drifting series. Again, I have sciatica and am 5'10 200. Is there a specific type of fabric that is just a cut above the rest?
    If you have a sciatica I don't think I'd recommend a DXRacer. We're around the same size (I'm an inch taller and 10lb heavier) and I get back pain from this chair if I sit in it too long (i.e. several hours or more). They include the back pillow, but it doesn't really help. The chair is very firm, and sort of forces you to sit up straight to a certain extent, but somehow it doesn't seem to help, almost like it's forcing you to sit up straight, but in the wrong position.

If you suffer from chronic back pain, I'd definitely get something like the Aeron chair I linked above if you can save up for it. It has an adjustable lumbar support built in, which is perfect for back pain sufferers.
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2015-04-10 at 04:49 PM.

Deleted
    Overpriced crap. Bucket seats is pretty much some of the worst shit you can do to your back.

If you can afford it, get the RH-Logic 400, I have it at work and at home. Air pumped adjustable lumbar support etc.. Pretty expensive though

http://www.posturite.co.uk/rh-logic-...ice-chair.html

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    My next chair will definitely be something like the Herman Miller Aeron chair. That's what I have at work (I'm a server engineer) and I can sit in the same position all day and not get uncomfortable.
    I use this at work too. Most of our office is using them. They are great, You can sit in them all day and still be comfortable, personally though I find the back a little too low (6'1") I could do with it being 2 inches higher.
    I will point out though that initially they do take a little getting used to.