Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    Since Thatcher was in power at this time, I would show her this video, and countless others regarding her policies at the time and how they effected people for generations to come in a negative way, and hope that she changes her ways.

No populace of a free country should want to actively celebrate the death of a previous prime minister or elected leader. (and yes I did cheer when the news was announced)
    I think Thatcher would get a chuckle out of you thinking it would bother her that you cheered or that others laughed at her announced death. Like me, I think she would understand that would say a lot more about you, than it does about her.
    Last edited by Ragedaug; 2015-04-06 at 01:31 PM.

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

I'd tell Olof Palme about the modern social democrats and he would turn into a terminator, coming back for every single Sosse out there.

haha i read the thread title and i had to instantly think of people dancing in the street when maggie thatcher died, as was a common theme on the 80ies. only to see, it was already posted.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    "Ronald Reagan? The actor?"
    Ohhhhhhhh, Damn it. lol, had the same feeling, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Kreeshak View Post
    If I described the current political situation in Greece to my grandfather in 1985 he would place me into a mental institution and never let me out.
    wasnt greece a military dictature up until the 80ies after the king was sent away?

#1 might be hard for some people to swallow in 1985, just because I live in the rural south. Racism around that area is more isolated and less common these days, but 1985 was likely a different story.

<--- was born in 1985.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2015-04-06 at 02:05 PM.

I doubt they would be surprised at all about any of it really since where we are today began in the early 80's with the Reagan administration.

Herald of the Titans Pterodactylus's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombergy View Post
    I'd tell them about these things too:

50 million people on food stamps.
    More people on forms of welfare than there are full time workers funding the forms of welfare.
    13% unemployment.
    $18 trillion US debt.
    $95 trillion unfunded but mandated liabilities.
    Massive government survailence, recording of every phone conversation email txt message google search facebook like and twitter retweet.
    The US funding and supplying of ISIS.
    The supplying of nuclear means to Islamic terrorist nation Iran.
    and on and on...

- - - Updated - - -

Told us about how America didn't survive its economic collapse and subsequent Iranian nuclear missile strike.
    Did you know there are almost 100 million more people today, than in 1985?
    Do you live in constant terror of Iran?
    Did you know President Obama read your facebook page?
    And all that debt? Thanks Reagan.
    Did you know Obama is a secret Kenyan (gay) Muslim who is personally training ISIS members?

Need to get back to fox news, see ya.

- - - Updated - - -

“You know, it really doesn’t matter what the media write as long as you’ve got a young, and beautiful, piece of ass." - President Donald Trump