Need major upgrade help

Hello,

My friend got a new computer and gave me his old one. I'm able to spend around $200 or so a month over the next couple months on upgrades. I'd prefer to keep the total upgrades under $1,000 but willing to spend more if necessary. I'm willing to save some to buy better stuff as well. I'm looking to play WoW and similar games on High (and eventually Ultra) settings at 1080p. Basically what needs to be upgraded, and what is the most important to upgrade first. Here's the build:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-2310 2.9GHz Quad-Core Processor
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 Micro ATX LGA1155 Motherboard
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($60.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($52.63 @ OutletPC)
    Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB Video Card
    Case: Cooler Master HAF 912 Plus ATX Mid Tower Case
    Power Supply: Cooler Master GX 750W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($87.89 @ OutletPC)
    Total: $201.51
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-04 22:45 EDT-0400

You'll need to specify whether or not you're limiting yourself to sub $200 purchases at a time or if you're able to save and then spend more than $200 at a time.

That said, you're not going to get any meaningful upgrades at under $200 a shot. Processor and mobo would be out of the question, and you'd be restricted to all but the lowest tier video cards.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

I mentioned in my post that I would be willing to save to buy better stuff. I'm also not spending over $200 on a mobo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigolcrittys View Post
    I mentioned in my post that I would be willing to save to buy better stuff. I'm also not spending over $200 on a mobo
    It's not that a Mobo would cost $200, but that if you got a new one you would also need a new CPU.

Honestly, the system above is still plenty solid for gaming with just a GPU upgrade.