Thread: Watch and Learn

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by PuppetShowJustice View Post
    How do you propose that to work since cards can be disenchanted?
    Easy. Soul bound.
    For example, 100 gold for 10 random soul bound cards.

Or only new accounts can buy all soul bound classic cards for $20.

Blizzard has to create a new interface, just like golden cards.
    However, it should be very easy for Blizzard.

I don't like that idea. I enjoy the feeling of progression you get when opening packs. It's why I don't buy them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Huh? Why are people acting like there isn't already a quest that gives a pack?

7 Victories gives 100g, and can be completed in any mode.
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2015-04-07 at 06:36 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    Easy. Soul bound.
    For example, 100 gold for 10 random soul bound cards.

Or only new accounts can buy all soul bound classic cards for $20.

Blizzard has to create a new interface, just like golden cards.
    However, it should be very easy for Blizzard.
    You don't need every single card in the game. Especially when starting out. You level the classes to 10 against AI to learn the game (very quick) which gives you a bunch of free gold to start with. A free Arena run gives you another free pack. Disenchanting your first card gives more gold.

And then you open packs and cull the shit ones, and ones for classes you're not building your first few decks for. You use that dust to very, very rapidly assemble solid starter decks for the few classes you wanna focus on at the start. These decks win you games, you get more gold, you use that for more packs, and keep going.

When you're reasonably satisfied with the decks you have for your main classes, you start building up the others.

I didn't touch Lock, Druid, Mage, Warrior or Pally for ages when I first started. Always rerolled those quests. Ended up looking ar my collection, thinking "why am I holding onto these if I'm not playing them?", DEd a shitload and had enough dust to craft a Shaman deck almost from the ground up that was competitive enough to break rank 10, a first for me. That class became my focus and the collection filled out quickly, performing well enough for me to THEN start building competitvely for other classes.

That's just the way it's done.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Huh? Why are people acting like there isn't already a quest that gives a pack?

7 Victories gives 100g, and can be completed in any mode.
    It'd be nice, if it weren't that rare

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Assume dailies give 40g (the minimum). You also get 10 gold per 3 wins, which is on average how many you need to complete a daily, so let's say it's 50g per day. New card pack (100g) every 2 days. Each one contains at a minimum, 4 common and 1 rare cards. So 40 dust (assuming you dust everything). A legendary requires 1600 dust to craft, ie 40 packs worth. So that's 80 days.

So assuming you have the worst luck in the world and get nothing in your packs beyond the 1 guaranteed rare, no legendaries, epics or goldens, never get a daily above 40g, get no more than 3 wins per day and play no arena, you will be able to craft a legendary every 2.7 months. I'd say a reasonable average for me considering my actual level of luck is more like 2 months.

Except that I don't dust a lot of cards because I like collecting :P
    Like most people I expect, I only disenchant cards of which I have 2 or more copies because one must keep cards to allow for changes in the metagame. If all you did was go balls to the walls saving up for legendaries you wouldn't get anywhere especially when starting out.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twoddle View Post
    Like most people I expect, I only disenchant cards of which I have 2 or more copies because one must keep cards to allow for changes in the metagame. If all you did was go balls to the walls saving up for legendaries you wouldn't get anywhere especially when starting out.
    Read above. This mentality ends you up with a collection full of shit you may or may not use at some point in the future, meanwhile you're sacrificing your strength in the CURRENT meta.

Go do a big cleanout of crap cards and anything for classes you don't play much. You'll be SWIMMING in dust. If you ever need some of those cards you DE again, you'll have by that time opened a ton of packs and either have them again OR have the dust to craft them again.

I'll give you a hint: some cards are SO poor, you can safely junk them every time you get them out of a pack. Angry Chickens? Pit Lords? Far Sight? Kidnapper? Gruul? Milhouse? Target Dummies? There are shitloads of them. Don't feel you NEED to collect two of everything - be discerning.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    Read above. This mentality ends you up with a collection full of shit you may or may not use at some point in the future, meanwhile you're sacrificing your strength in the CURRENT meta.

Go do a big cleanout of crap cards and anything for classes you don't play much. You'll be SWIMMING in dust. If you ever need some of those cards you DE again, you'll have by that time opened a ton of packs and either have them again OR have the dust to craft them again.

I'll give you a hint: some cards are SO poor, you can safely junk them every time you get them out of a pack. Angry Chickens? Pit Lords? Far Sight? Kidnapper? Gruul? Milhouse? Target Dummies? There are shitloads of them. Don't feel you NEED to collect two of everything - be discerning.
    Problem is there has to be a learning curve which is reasonable enough, and which provides enough 'fun' for casual players to want to progress.

What you don't want is for every new player to have to plod through a set list of what to play and cards they need to even cope with any fun.

Is Gruul crap? yes, but then players need to be able to experiment, to learn that and to think they're progressing.

At the moment it seems like a tightrope between being 'new, useless and crap', vs 'having to really learn the game and mechanics to netdeck a set set of cards' Both of which aren't really fun for new players.

Those are the steps you take if you want to improve your game. If you care enough to self-improve, you'll be searching for these methods anyway. If new players who want to get better cannot recognize that there are established professionals who have a much deeper understanding of the game with plenty of guides freely available, and insist on playing the game "their way" as a special snowflake and then start complaining when they fail miserably, that's sort of on them.

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    The problem is that Blizzard is very greedy.

The classic cards should be free by now.
    Naxx and Blackrock cost $50.
    GvG costs $200 to $500.
    Blizzard can easily make lots of money via 3 expansions.

Also look at the chance to get a 60 gold quest.
    The chance is 2.2%
    The 40 gold quest is 4.4%
    I simply refuse to give money to a greedy company.

source: http://www.hearthhead.com/quests
    Man I hope you are trolling, because if you aren't you need a helmet.

The garbage people say is astounding.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    Poor Pit Lords
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitare-sp View Post
    Problem is there has to be a learning curve which is reasonable enough, and which provides enough 'fun' for casual players to want to progress.

What you don't want is for every new player to have to plod through a set list of what to play and cards they need to even cope with any fun.

Is Gruul crap? yes, but then players need to be able to experiment, to learn that and to think they're progressing.

At the moment it seems like a tightrope between being 'new, useless and crap', vs 'having to really learn the game and mechanics to netdeck a set set of cards' Both of which aren't really fun for new players.
    Hearthstone is still new and has a very small card list to work with.

As new cards get released there will be more options and more mechanics to allow for what you want.

I also want the same thing as you do but it's unrealistic with how little there is to work with at the moment.