Deleted

Question Disc stat priority for challenge modes

I was going through this forum and some others to find up-to-date information about the subject, without much luck.
    I could find players going with Haste>Crit, backing it up with personal experience, also others picking Crit>Mastery and not using Haste from gear at all.
    Altho as I'm not much of a priest expert, I would like to ask help to clarify which is exactly the best choice.

I haven't bothered to do them on my priest yet, but I would imagine it'd depend on the group you are going with, most specifically your tank. A warrior needs much more healing than other a dk/monk so haste would have a higher value than crit or mast if you are using one, but with a dk/monk you could use less haste because they have better utility.

I would imagine it'd depend on the group you are going with
    Adding to Eiffel's point, if you are doing it with a DK or Monk that require less constant healing, Haste and Crit both offer DPS increases while mastery is completely useless in that regard. I personally have Crit/haste on every piece of gear possible and am using Everburning Candle + Goren Soul Repository (Int+CritProc from Oregorger).

If you're looking to go for any sort of time pushes or want to contribute to damage go haste/crit. If you're not doing time pushes grab some more mastery and supersize that PWS.

Deleted
    (Gold) CMs are all about tank heal, since you're going for very big pulls and control for special abilities through stuns/kicks. What is left are a lot and heavy auto attacks. On the gear level of 630, mastery won't enable CoW to surpass Flash Heal in terms of throughput, so you're using the latter as your main healing spell[Revised, not true] (and of course penance. Your PW:S doesn't fall into weight). Also, since Bloodlust/Cooldowns are mainly used on big trash-pack pulls by your DPSs, your damage is going to be highly significant on Boss kill speed. So as mentioned before, crit and haste are your stats, for both reasons, being your best damage stats and being the best stats to empower flash heal. Remember, this playstyle is highly mana inefficient. Since you will be using both, mana and intellect potions on cooldown (always out of combat before pulls!!) you've got to find a balance in using as many intellect potions as possible and as many mana potions as neccessary to minimize OOC-Downtimes.

Edit:

Okay I was interested in stat weights of my CM gear (love goes out to Myllior) and throughput in terms of HPET, so I put on that fancy dress and ran into a dungeon. Here are my results:

When using these pictures, do NOT take line 44 into account. It is hardly biased through the variables a_M and a_N, which are just not representative for CM.
    What you are interested in though is line 38.

Second image shows, that CoW in fact is stronger even on 630 iLvL with literally zero mastery on my gear. However, I never used it during my gold runs since it felt too slow.
    Last edited by mmoc3c639dd81a; 2015-04-06 at 07:48 PM.

Is Haste high enough above Crit to be worth using a pure haste item? One of the crafted items rolled pure haste, but I'm not sure if its worth using over my Crit/Haste belt

Deleted
    I'd say yes.
    That's not true for Penance/Flashheal throughput, but for everything else (e.G. CoW) and damage ouput, haste is a great deal above crit. Still below mastery, but mastery doesn't deal damage.

optimal would be to gown down to the minimal required level of healing to keep your group alive and put the rest of your actions and stats into damage. But that also hardly depends on the skill of your group and how godd they work as a team. So all this "optimal CM gear" thing is just plain theory under a lot of conditions required.
    Last edited by mmoc3c639dd81a; 2015-05-13 at 09:54 AM.