• Target is out of range of Rake

19 35.85%
  • Next target isn't in front of you to Rake

18 33.96%
  • Trying to select the target who's Rake is about to expire

20 37.74%
  • Taking 15 seconds for your Rake spam to do full damage

16 30.19%
  • Working your ass off and doing half the AoE DPS of specs that have easy mode AoE

40 75.47%
  • Getting sat because the adds need to die and you can't pull your weight

7 13.21%
  • Not getting sat and knowing everybody else is going to have to pull your weight

13 24.53%
  • Memories of when Swipe was useful

37 69.81%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Most aggravating thing about Feral AoE

Multiple choice is allowed
    Last edited by teddabear; 2015-04-06 at 12:20 AM.

Deleted
    Only voting for "Memories of when Swipe was useful". People cry a lot about feral AoE been bad, but there is a lot of fights in WoD which look like AoE fights, but are disguised as AoE fights, Beastlord and Furnace are 2 amazing examples. ST is just as strong as AoE. Just because you aren't rocking top spot on recount/skada, does not mean you are not "pulling your weight".

Quote Originally Posted by Moosie View Post
    Only voting for "Memories of when Swipe was useful". People cry a lot about feral AoE been bad, but there is a lot of fights in WoD which look like AoE fights, but are disguised as AoE fights, Beastlord and Furnace are 2 amazing examples. ST is just as strong as AoE. Just because you aren't rocking top spot on recount/skada, does not mean you are not "pulling your weight".
    I would say you are correct about Beastlord but incorrect about Furnace. Either way AoE has been an important part of raiding for quite a while now and will likely continue to be so. I agree with your choice of Swipe. My guess is Blizzard tried to prop up Feral AoE with set bonuses and planned to fix it next tier. Since the set bonuses bandaid didn't work out I don't understand why they just don't go ahead and fix it now.

Tbh i would like it be to be, get thrash up then spam swipe, none of this have to have rake up on every target malarky, we dont have that much energy to spend .
    I would like to see mastery be our main stat again.. at least then we can bleed up the boss and run away if need to... would help with thrash's bleed

Also it comes to mind that warlocks have an ability (i think its soulburn) were u can apply Corruption to all targets once seed detonates ... couldnt feral have something simular.. say u active Incarnation and it makes thrash apply rake to all targets as well... doesnt have to a editing a talent to do it could be made a glyph or a class perk or something i dunno, but atm i dont like Feral AoE
    Would like to have thrash up so i can focus more on the boss

Deleted
    To be fair there are no bosses where you would sit a feral druid Because he cant do aoe because aoe is really not that important in any of the bosses. (besides maby Kromog)

Blizzard often says "We are okay with specs don't being great at every role".

Ok... but then why are so many good at both? If they really want to follow that philosophy, each spec should have a strength and be weak at say AOE or offhealing or whatever.

But there are plenty of specs with zero weaknesses.

Besides, I don't think it would be hard to bring Swipe back to it's former glory. Thrash bleeds cause clearcasting procs? Every Swipe that hits 3+ targets causing your next Swipe to be free?

I'm not even sure if Swipe would be overpowered if they just let you spam it. At least no in comparison to something like Blade Flurry.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Colix View Post
    To be fair there are no bosses where you would sit a feral druid Because he cant do aoe because aoe is really not that important in any of the bosses. (besides maby Kromog)
    Kromog is pretty much ST apart from 1-2 specs. If you stack AoE, the hands will die to fast, and you'll die from the thundering smash. Also on mythic, especially at the start, you need insane ST damage (to the point classes need to save cooldowns) to kill the pillars in time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moosie View Post
    Kromog is pretty much ST apart from 1-2 specs. If you stack AoE, the hands will die to fast, and you'll die from the thundering smash. Also on mythic, especially at the start, you need insane ST damage (to the point classes need to save cooldowns) to kill the pillars in time.
    And yet its the only boss where AOE is really required.

Maby its different now with the higher Ilvl but when I was progressing on it we where lacking dmg on the hands quite often.

missing the option: not enough energy to rake all targets up

The problem with Feral AoE is simply - swipe doesn't do enough to justify using it on a small number of adds, swipe actually works ok on Operator where all the adds end up stacked (and lots of them) - it's the spread stuff where the issue is, and this is Blast Furnace and somewhat Kromog - but if the raid is doing things right, Ferals are bursting down priority targets anyway.

Fixing Feral AoE wouldn't be that hard, except when Blizzard get into the whole - we can't do X because class Y already has that.. and I don't think using a major DPS cd (incarnation) should be a 'Fix' just to spread a bleed for some AoE damage...

Anyway, I don't see why a button like Blade Flurry can't be put in for Feral - call it 'Wild Raking' and while active your rake will hit all targets in melee range - no longer generates combo points but requires combo points, your swipe will do 35% more damage and energy cost is reduced by 50% but RIP's damage will also be reduced by 60% if used.

This way, you can Swipe to build combo's, use thrash and your finisher is rake on all - and rip - your hard hitting finishers hits like a noodle until you toggle off the ability - but it won't happen because then people will say - it's just like a Rogue blah blah blah... Roll a Rogue...zzzz

But something needs fixing for Feral AoE. Blizzard are just too... Uhmm... stubborn to see there's a problem and then think themselves into stupid corners they can't back out of...

Deleted
    and here I thought the first post would be "... is Feral AoE."

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Blizzard often says "We are okay with specs don't being great at every role".
    That's fine but Feral was already bad at almost everything except single target. Also the differences in single target damage are miniscule unlike the gigantic differences in AoE damage.

I agree there are some annoyances with optimal aoe dps for feral, but we're fine as long as you're fitting yourself into the role where you are best utilized in raid. Take mythic blast furnace for example: as feral I'm going to get crushed on the over all damage done meters, but for the most important mobs like the primal elementalists and for the final burn on the heart of mountain, I was so far ahead of anyone else in the raid. You aren't going to pull big superstar numbers on fights like this, but you can be the background mvp getting the most damage on the targets that really matter when it really matters.

This goes for any class really, as they all change from patch to patch and expansion to expansion, regardless of what happens, just play to your classes/specs strengths

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Colix View Post
    And yet its the only boss where AOE is really required.

Maby its different now with the higher Ilvl but when I was progressing on it we where lacking dmg on the hands quite often.
    Are you not entertained?

Is this not why you are here? Just go ham on the pillars with cooldowns, dont start with incarnation/berserk on pull and impress your friends, take displacer beast to jump to the second one and gg, top pillar damage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyuben View Post
    Are you not entertained?

Is this not why you are here? Just go ham on the pillars with cooldowns, dont start with incarnation/berserk on pull and impress your friends, take displacer beast to jump to the second one and gg, top pillar damage.
    Thats not what I was saying. and You're still not gonna top VS boomkins.

I just said that not a single boss besides that boss accually requires anyone to get extra AOE dmg.

The issue with Feral AoE, if we're intended to tab-Rake, is that it's too difficult to do and takes too long – limited Energy and the low range on Rake make it slow to get going and deal damage, and awkward to do in a pack of mobs that are moving around to position around the tank. Blade Flurry (for example) has a reasonably large splash range, as do Swipe and Thrash, but Rake is limited to the 5-8yd melee range. If I could maybe glyph a longer range on Rake (13 yards is AoE range I think?), that would help, but wouldn't solve the energy issues.

However, all of this is only if we're intended to use Rake. I don't think we need a new button to hit or anything fancy like that, especially after the big push to remove unnecessary button bloat; we simply need Swipe and Thrash to do the job for which they were intended. Swipe needs it's damage significantly increased, and I would love to see a cost reduction if you hit 3+ targets. Thus you could have Swipe cost...I don't know, 60 energy to really devalue it in 1-2 target situations, but have 50% of the cost refunded if you hit 3 or more targets. The lower energy cost would also serve to make Feral AoE less mind-numbing (Swipe, wait 5 seconds, Swipe, have no energy to carry on ST rotation).
    Cantor

9/9 gold MoP CMs | 8/8 WoD Gold CMs | 7/7 M Emerald Nightmare | 6/10 M Nighthold

Technically you could do all the bosses with a DPS that does not do any damage of any kind whatsoever. That has always been and always will be an extremely poor justification for poor design balance.