Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Darkmoon Faire Races, Armory Stats - Darkmoon Faire, Blue Tweets, WoW Sale, DLC #484

Era 3 Has Started (NA), Crusader Summary for 2.2

Top Constructed Decks of the Week & March, Mekkatorque's Workshop - Zul'Gurub Wing 2

Heroes of the Dorm Fantasy Portrait, Epic Plays #24, Into the Nexus #45

Darkmoon Faire Races
    This month brings some more races to the Darkmoon Faire, in addition to the other Patch 6.1 changes. The first race uses the same course as last month, allowing you to earn Rocketeer: Gold and the Everlasting Darkmoon Firework fairly easily.

The other two races use a new course that is more challenging. These reward Big Rocketeer: Gold (Race MiniZep Controller) and Big Race Roadhog (Checkered Flag). Keep in mind that the Checkered Flag only has 50 charges and that is the more difficult of the two achievements to complete. This can be done solo if RNG lines up just right or with the help of a friend.

The new course has new powerups as well. Everything other than the speed boots and coins rotates through the buffs, so they are constantly changing. There are two new buffs, one being a rocket that shoots you up in the air and the other being a small blue portal that rushes you ahead like Disengage. You can collect coins to power your final ability. There is also a new obstacle on this course, mini-zeppelins. These will shoot you and slow you down if you get too close to them.

Armory Stats - Darkmoon Faire
    This month's Darkmoon Faire has just started, but we can take a look at how people did during the last Faire. Today's sample is of 3.2 million players and 6.4 million characters.

Don't see a chart? Enable javascript!
    Blue Tweets
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Character / Items
    any plans to make the challenge mode gear from MoP account wide?
    No plans at this time. (WarcraftDevs)

hi guys, love your game. wondering why there is no heirloom mount that works for new Pandaren characters, is that intended?
    This is a side-effect of the chauffeured mount being affiliated w/ Alliance or Horde. It’ll work once you choose a faction. (WarcraftDevs)

with Heirlooms now going up to lvl 100, can we have them drop from Garrosh again? Main draw of those was look/90-100 scaling.
    Those were a reward for doing the content when it was relevant, and there are no plans to bring them back at this time. (WarcraftDevs)

Could the Polished Helm of Valor possibly get a change? Both it and the Might have Haste, which the Valor set is Crit-based.
    Thank you for the feedback. This and other Heirloom stat changes are being addressed in an upcoming patch. (WarcraftDevs)

Can the Follower Trait and Follower Ability Retraining items stack please?
    Items that don't have a high stack amount are our gentle way of encouraging their frequent use. (WarcraftDevs)

WoW Sale
    The Battlechest is 50% off and Warlords is 25% off.

Dark Legacy Comics #484
    DLC #484 has been released!

Last edited by chaud; 2015-04-06 at 04:38 AM.

I really hope they make the CM gold gear from MoP account wide in the near future.

I did it on two classes back in MoP that I no longer find any fun to play, so I rerolled to my hunter and my mage for WoD. However, I never did the 9/9 CM gold back in MoP on them. Now, that doesn't hinder me in playing them "to their fullest potential", but it really bugs me from time to time that I can't transmog into the CM set. I really like the mage CM gear and I really wish I got it back when it was available.

I already completed it twice on two classes, so why should I not earn the rewards on my mage and my hunter too? It somewhat restricts which characters you want to put time into (as all of the sets, in my opinion, look really really good) and having the set on character x and not on character y is very frustrating in hindsight despite class changes, rerolling to a new class etc.

Re: Big Roadhog, use that same spot as Big Rockeeter and have someone AFK on the cliff while you use the 3rd ability, Jump to Racer. It's a stand-in for the lack of a parachute. You'll pull your hair out trying to do it solo. A video or two out there exists for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Before people say the sale is suppose to help inflate subs, the March 30th deadline for Q1 has already passed.

sale to help inflate subs and also the people that botted and got 6 month bans

Getting sick of these RNG pray to which ever god you believe in hope it doesn't lag achievements. Nothing should depend on how close to are to the servers. Being denied an achievement because something out of your control frikkin sucks.

I can stand failing an achievement because I am bad at the game and messed up mechanics but being denied an achievement because I live in New Zealand not LA and am therefore further away from blizzard's servers really pisses me off. Also, that fucking tonk controller's inability to work properly. Pressing the button only to have it flat out refuse to shoot, even if the target is right in front of me blows chunks.

Quote Originally Posted by Cernunnos View Post
    Getting sick of these RNG pray to which ever god you believe in hope it doesn't lag achievements. Nothing should depend on how close to are to the servers. Being denied an achievement because something out of your control frikkin sucks.
    It actually has very little to do with RNG. Frequently you'll be close to hitting the shortcut spot when the item is one turn from rotating to the rocket... and if you're not you're not going to make it anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Finding this tough with a busy Realm

Items that don't stack or low stacks "encourage frequent" use. Maybe you don't have a use for them right now but are holding for a specific purpose.

Personally I don't see any use for the Garrosh heirlooms. The item level 630 craftable weapons can be worn with level 91, and 6 months into the expansion people could have easily gathered the maps with alts, so it's not even required to spend thousands of gold.

All the resources sunk into the DMF though. Blizzard is going all out here wow.

Quote Originally Posted by woofpup View Post
    Items that don't stack or low stacks "encourage frequent" use. Maybe you don't have a use for them right now but are holding for a specific purpose.
    Good for you. You now know what the opportunity cost is for storing many of them. Make bank alts for other stuff if it means that much to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Audox View Post
    I really hope they make the CM gold gear from MoP account wide in the near future.

I did it on two classes back in MoP that I no longer find any fun to play, so I rerolled to my hunter and my mage for WoD. However, I never did the 9/9 CM gold back in MoP on them. Now, that doesn't hinder me in playing them "to their fullest potential", but it really bugs me from time to time that I can't transmog into the CM set. I really like the mage CM gear and I really wish I got it back when it was available.

I already completed it twice on two classes, so why should I not earn the rewards on my mage and my hunter too? It somewhat restricts which characters you want to put time into (as all of the sets, in my opinion, look really really good) and having the set on character x and not on character y is very frustrating in hindsight despite class changes, rerolling to a new class etc.
    Ah I'm kind of of the opinion that it should stay character specific. I did Endless Damage 30 on my retribution Paladin in MoP which was rock hard and I'm very pleased with the fact that I did, but I can equip the title you get from it on a freshly rolled alt, which I have no right to do so, and the achievement bears no character specifics, so there's no proof I didn't just cheese it on a DK.

Can't do it anymore, and some classes had it considerably easier than others in Proving Grounds or Challenge modes.

Quote Originally Posted by Audox View Post

The fact is, you didn't earn it on those characters. I did challenge modes on every class except Priest. Would I like that xmog set? Sure! But I didn't prove that I could get 9/9 Gold with a priest, so I'm content without.

Now, what I would be okay with is unlocking the xmog for any class you earned it on, so that if you made an alt of the same class, they could use it. But if you didn't complete it with the class in question, you don't deserve it imho.

Here we go again with statistics and bar charts. Does Blizzard think if they show up statistics the players will simply do that acivity so they have some achivement?

When comes the statistic with the wow subscriptions? I guess this will be delayed a bit... like one year

Quote Originally Posted by tar01 View Post
    Here we go again with statistics and bar charts. Does Blizzard think if they show up statistics the players will simply do that acivity so they have some achivement?

When comes the statistic with the wow subscriptions? I guess this will be delayed a bit... like one year

MMO-Champion =/= Blizzard?

I managed to do Big Race Roadhog without using a friend on the cliff to skip some of the route, (i followed the chinese video that was posted on wowhead.There is another one where you use a rocket on the side of a cliff and try and clip your way up but that shit is too fail to get it right everytime imo)....holy fucking jesus it took me like 50/60 tries and yea everything HAS to line up 100% with the speed buffs, clicking the abilities at right time and rockets not swapping out right before you run into one.
    I seriously advice everyone to use the friend option as doing it the 'normal way' is frustrating as fuck and will make you probably smash your mouse or keyboard like i wanted too on numerous occasions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BatteredSausage View Post
    I managed to do Big Race Roadhog without using a friend on the cliff to skip some of the route, (i followed the chinese video that was posted on wowhead.There is another one where you use a rocket on the side of a cliff and try and clip your way up but that shit is too fail to get it right everytime imo)....holy fucking jesus it took me like 50/60 tries and yea everything HAS to line up 100% with the speed buffs, clicking the abilities at right time and rockets not swapping out right before you run into one.
    I seriously advice everyone to use the friend option as doing it the 'normal way' is frustrating as fuck and will make you probably smash your mouse or keyboard like i wanted too on numerous occasions.
    Ye, took me quite a whole for Roadhog awell.

Today i did Rocketeer Gold first try... It's so easy compared to the Strider.

More people have the ring toss achievement than the tonk one? No way. The new ring toss is hard as hell. Tonk game is still easy as it always has been. That is honestly shocking to me. I have trouble even just doing the daily for the ring toss now, let alone try for the achievement. But I got the tonk achievement the first time I was doing the daily once 6.1 hit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasper Kazai View Post
    More people have the ring toss achievement than the tonk one? No way. The new ring toss is hard as hell. Tonk game is still easy as it always has been. That is honestly shocking to me. I have trouble even just doing the daily for the ring toss now, let alone try for the achievement. But I got the tonk achievement the first time I was doing the daily once 6.1 hit.
    Rings are easy once you figured out what to do.