Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

You know your day is going to be crap when.......

How do you know your day is going to be total shit and at what time do you realize it? Mine began at about 7:30 this morning. Was out on the porch smoking when across the way a door opens to the upstairs apartment across from us. Out walks a little boy...maybe 1 1/2...still in diapers...and heads for the stairs. He stops, sees me, runs inside...seconds later the door opens again....you can see it's dark inside...and the kid heads for the stairs again. So I jump up go over, and knock on the door and start saying "Hello...hello" to see if anyone is there. After a couple minutes out comes the grumpy mom, I explain what happens and she gets pissey at me for waking her up. Seriously???? Okay...I could have watched your kid fall down the concrete steps and break his little neck, but I chose not to, bitch. Learn to lock your dead bolt. So then I get to deal with our wonderful Family Services. I had gotten a letter Saturday saying I hadn't turned in my food stamp report ( I had weeks earlier) and my food stamps were suspended. Instead of calling i just go down to the office. Get this....I was told by the guy at the desk on the computer that (1) the letter I got was a form letter (2) I had indeed turned in my report...it was there in the computer...and (3) ready? The case workers had too much work and were too busy so I was in line and I had to wait. Say what? Wait for how long? Hours? Days? Weeks? It's in the friggin computer...for gods sake push the stupid button!!! This is incredibly ridiculous. So I then called the same office and was sent to voice mail and that was 2 hours ago. You would not believe how pissed I am. And how is your day?

Quote Originally Posted by boyzma View Post
    Mine began at about 7:30 this morning. Was out on the porch smoking
    Inhaling smoke seems like a pretty shitty way to start off the day indeed. maybe if you weren't spending like $10 or whatever the price a 20 pack is nowadays per week you'd not be on foodstamps. Theres two of your problems solved, as for the kid, its social services problems. Done

So you think reporting the bad mom and your food stamps getting cancelled are related?

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    So you think reporting the bad mom and your food stamps getting cancelled are related?
    No hes just whining about solvable problems that he created himself

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeches View Post
    No hes just whining about solvable problems that he created himself
    You are an ass. You know nothing about me or my situation. I created the problem of the kid? Like I said...you're an ass.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeches View Post
    Inhaling smoke seems like a pretty shitty way to start off the day indeed. maybe if you weren't spending like $10 or whatever the price a 20 pack is nowadays per week you'd not be on foodstamps. Theres two of your problems solved, as for the kid, its social services problems. Done
    Let me guess... You're a non-smoker. Please, don't say it's easy to quit and don't tell us how much we spend, we know.
    Do all smokers a favour and just hush. It's our CHOICE, don't like it? LUMP IT.

OT: My morning always starts with a BANG and sadly I mean literally. Despite good insulation between suites I can still
    hear that fucker upstairs stomping around on his hardwood floor wearing his goddamn dress shoes which clomp even more.
    EVERY SINGLE DAY AT 6:10AM, yes even bloody weekends. I've talked to him about it, he says I'm just a light sleeper.
    I've had company visit and it's woken them up too. He's like 5ft tall so he has a serious chip on his shoulder and I'm female
    and exactly 6feet tall so that must just piss him off even more. It's kinda fucked up and my strata won't do shit about it.

So yea, I hear ya OP. Starting the day in the wrong mood just sets the day up for bullshit LOL.

Deleted
    ....and not a single fuck was given.

So there was a grumpy mom and you had to wait in a line?
    Just how did you live through this nightmare? #firstworldproblems

10+ Year Old Account
    My day has been ok this far i go into work at 8:45 M-F i arrived at 8:46 and the vice president of the company chewed me out over being 5 seconds late, Yeah that actually happened and hasn't been the first occurrence of being a few seconds late. Other then that it's bright and shiny lunch was nice. I dipped my car over the weekend so i'm enjoying the new color.

Hopefully your day gets better! Next time watch the little guy fall over, I'm sure you will have your revenge.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    You're now trying to argue that fingers are people. And you expect me to take your argument seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutVodka View Post
    I did walk up to a truck once and whispered, "I know your secret... Optimus Prime..

The last time I had a "bad day" was over 14 years ago.

There are unfortunate circumstances from time to time- being caught in the rain without an umbrella or getting a flat tire, for example. But I do not believe these are objectively "bad days" in that one has to have their mood or disposition soured or otherwise stressed by such circumstances.

Proper planning, contingencies and reasonable action nullify most unfortunate scenarios.

I take the personal view that if there is something I could have done to prevent ill fortune than I have no reason to be upset. If there was something I couldn't do to prevent ill fortune than I have no justification to be upset.

I hear you. I had to wake up at 6:00 am and go to work.

Let me clarify this is not an anti-food stamp post. I have no problem with food stamps and I couldn't care less whether you smoke or not. I was making a joke and I hope your day turns out better. Usually trying to look for something good will help change the outlook and at least make it seem better. Good luck.
    Last edited by Rabblexthree; 2015-04-06 at 05:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrion Lannister View Post
    Congrats Blizz. Everyone who wanted a Vanilla realm will get it with WoD. So much for never moving backward. Though, it will not be a pure vanilla server since you can still fly in the old content, and you don't have to farm things just to raid. Just wanted to congratulate Blizz for giving the folks what they wanted, a classic vanilla world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrion Lannister View Post
    Or, maybe instead of making a strawman, they could just get a lvl 1 pony after they complete a quest in the starting zone

10+ Year Old Account
    I know it's gonna be an annoying day when my kids nanny is late...that's her only flaw. Makes me late and that just really irks me, i hate being late.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabblexthree View Post
    I hear you. I had to wake up at 6:00 am and go to work.
    like dis if you cry errytime
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

I only had enough rice krispies to fill the bowl partially, most of it was fucking dust. Worst day ever. #FML
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

...the alarm clock rings.

10+ Year Old Account
    How do you know your day is going to be total shit and at what time do you realize it? Mine began at about 7:30 this morning. Was out on the porch smoking when across the way a door opens to the upstairs apartment across from us. Out walks a little boy...maybe 1 1/2...still in diapers...and heads for the stairs. He stops, sees me, runs inside...seconds later the door opens again....you can see it's dark inside...and the kid heads for the stairs again. So I jump up go over, and knock on the door and start saying "Hello...hello" to see if anyone is there. After a couple minutes out comes the grumpy mom, I explain what happens and she gets pissey at me for waking her up. Seriously???? Okay...I could have watched your kid fall down the concrete steps and break his little neck, but I chose not to, bitch. Learn to lock your dead bolt. So then I get to deal with our wonderful Family Services. I had gotten a letter Saturday saying I hadn't turned in my food stamp report ( I had weeks earlier) and my food stamps were suspended. Instead of calling i just go down to the office. Get this....I was told by the guy at the desk on the computer that (1) the letter I got was a form letter (2) I had indeed turned in my report...it was there in the computer...and (3) ready? The case workers had too much work and were too busy so I was in line and I had to wait. Say what? Wait for how long? Hours? Days? Weeks? It's in the friggin computer...for gods sake push the stupid button!!! This is incredibly ridiculous. So I then called the same office and was sent to voice mail and that was 2 hours ago. You would not believe how pissed I am. And how is your day?
    Perhaps you should stop smoking and buy food with the money you wont be spending on cigarettes! Then you wont need to waste my money on your food stamps

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sketchy View Post
    Let me guess... You're a non-smoker. Please, don't say it's easy to quit and don't tell us how much we spend, we know.
    Do all smokers a favour and just hush. It's our CHOICE, don't like it? LUMP IT.
    Its your choice when youre earning the money you spend on it. It becomes my business when youre a welfare leech and still smoking cigarettes making me pay more in taxes to support your ass

10+ Year Old Account
    You are an ass. You know nothing about me or my situation. I created the problem of the kid? Like I said...you're an ass.
    I watched Boyz in the Hood like... I dunno, 3 months ago. Don't hide behind a screenname, Doughboy.

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Then you wont need to waste my money on your food stamps
    You paid maybe one ten-thousandth of a cent for his food stamps. If I mail you a penny, will you stop this rather frivolous argument?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    You paid maybe one ten-thousandth of a cent for his food stamps. If I mail you a penny, will you stop this rather frivolous argument?
    No because millions of people do it and those fractions of a penny add up

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    No because millions of people do it and those fractions of a penny add up
    So I'll mail you a nickel. This argument is more absurd than the people that demand reparations from Blizzard because WoW went down for an hour.