Page 2 of 91 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    With a single alchemy/jw character and a single level 3 barn i make 10-15k a week. So is half of wow going to be playing for free from now on?

At this rate I dont think supply will be able to keep up with demand at all
    The people that will be playing "for free" will be spending their gold on tokens that other people spent RL cash on (more per month that a subscription), that's the clever bit about it, with the token-sellers thinking they'll get in-game rich and the buyers going "I'm playing for free, suck on that, Blizz!", in the end Blizzard are the winners, selling playtime for €5 a month more than usual. :3

30k gold doesn't buy you an awful lot. I'd want more than that for my money.

Quote Originally Posted by Jewsco View Post
    Did you look at the multiple threads on this?
    Many a person said it would be 50k to over 100k.
    Even when we told them gold selling places were much cheaper.
    Yes the smart people were in the 20k to 30k range but many a person said much more and I bet not a one of them will say they were wrong.
    I definitely remember a fair number of people swearing that the price would easily be 100k or more starting for a plethora of bs reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    So WoW is going F2P then? Given that I had over a million gold 2 expansions ago, and could make more than the cost of the token in a week, I would never need to pay for a subscription again. If I actually wanted to play, of course.

Or there are going to be 1000s of these tokens brought for gold that then sit there not being bought. Which then drives the cost of the token up to hundreds of thousands of gold, to balance things out. Which seems the more likely outcome to me.

It is going to be very interesting to watch how this effects the economy over the next few months. In the Chinese curse sense of the word.
    No way will there be unsold tokens sitting around for long, not for prices like these.

I wonder how the algorithm for price will work since I expect tokens to be snatched up real quick once they are put on the AH.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

So WoW is going F2P then? Given that I had over a million gold 2 expansions ago, and could make more than the cost of the token in a week, I would never need to pay for a subscription again. If I actually wanted to play, of course.

You could buy 5.5 years with 2 mill, assuming the price doesn't rise/fall significantly.

Or there are going to be 1000s of these tokens brought for gold that then sit there not being bought. Which then drives the cost of the token up to hundreds of thousands of gold, to balance things out. Which seems the more likely outcome to me.

It is going to be very interesting to watch how this effects the economy over the next few months. In the Chinese curse sense of the word.

Thing is, though. that these tokens soulbind when bought - so there's no buy low-sell high. they -have- to be bought with real money.

from (the original announcement)
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Q: Can I resell a WoW Token after I’ve purchased it for gold?
    A: No, each WoW Token can only be sold once. After you purchase a Token for gold, it becomes Soulbound. At that point, it can only be redeemed for game time

No way will there be unsold tokens sitting around for long, not for prices like these.

I wonder how the algorithm for price will work since I expect tokens to be snatched up real quick once they are put on the AH.
    Tokens aren't actually sold via the standard auction process. Its more of an exchange. You buy a token, sell it on the token tab on the AH, and you immediately get the current value for it. People don't actually get to "bid" on them.

Sitting on a fortune of a little over 2 million. I guess I can go out for an extra lunch every month for the next 6 years.
    You just lost The Game

Quote Originally Posted by The Glitch View Post
    Do you think it will go up or down?
    Since pretty much everyone is saying that it is a "reasonable price" - and "I make twice as much just with Follower Missions" (hell, I make it in 3-4 days just with Missions)...

It's going up.

Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post
    Thing is, though. that these tokens soulbind when bought - so there's no buy low-sell high. they -have- to be bought with real money.

from (the original announcement)
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Q: Can I resell a WoW Token after I’ve purchased it for gold?
    A: No, each WoW Token can only be sold once. After you purchase a Token for gold, it becomes Soulbound. At that point, it can only be redeemed for game time
    So someone buys it for real money? And only gets 30k gold for it? In that case yes, they will get snapped up instantly for 30k gold. Which is going to drive the price up massively. All the long term players will be looking to buy these for gold. How many people will be looking to buy them for cash initially? A lot less. I stand by my belief that it will hit 6 figures pretty damn quick. Especially since a lot of people won't buy them for cash on day 1, as they expect the gold return to increase. It almost becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

With a single alchemy/jw character and a single level 3 barn i make 10-15k a week. So is half of wow going to be playing for free from now on?

Again you are the exception to the norm most wow players don't even have 30k.
    Seems to us that have bothered to make some gold a low amount but most just don't.

Also who us going to but these tokens to sell?
    Someone that knows how to make money won't so it will be those that have the extra real life cash and no clue how to make in game money.

I for one won't be buying or selling these token since 13 bucks for 6 months of game time is nothing to me.
    That isn't a half hour of work once a month and I am covered for the month.
    No one is getting rich off these tokens unless they but a lot of them.

This won't get rid of the Chinese farmers it will just be a small dent in their money making machine
    They still can and will sell pets, mounts, gear, carries, toon leveling and achievements etc...
    Blizz is just going to make some money now in that world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glitch View Post
    Do you think it will go up or down?
    I actually think the price will go down. Sure, everyone could be swimming in gold, but earning it is boring as fuck. If I had very little gold or very few characters I'd rather buy an extra token or two per month to keep me going rather than doing garrison chores or old content or some other kind of farming. I think there are more people out there thinking "Hell yeah, finally I can stop worrying about gold in this game because $20 is nothing!" than the people thinking "Hell yeah, f2p WoW from now on because 30k is nothing!"

10+ Year Old Account

If supply is much greater than demand the price increases. you have to remember that 30k is the initial price. so based on supply and demand it will go back and fourth up and down in price.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

10+ Year Old Account
    So someone buys it for real money? And only gets 30k gold for it? In that case yes, they will get snapped up instantly for 30k gold. Which is going to drive the price up massively. All the long term players will be looking to buy these for gold. How many people will be looking to buy them for cash initially? A lot less. I stand by my belief that it will hit 6 figures pretty damn quick. Especially since a lot of people won't buy them for cash on day 1, as they expect the gold return to increase. It almost becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy.
    If the price reaches 6 figures no-one will buy them... So the price will drop then. Works both ways.

Honestly would buy this for gold if I get an itch to run some dungeons. But I'm really not that eager to even play the game anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by KitWalker View Post
    Since pretty much everyone is saying that it is a "reasonable price" - and "I make twice as much just with Follower Missions" (hell, I make it in 3-4 days just with Missions)...

It's going up.
    Everyone here says that but people that even know about this site is a small fraction of the wow community.
    Most people do not have that ingame gold or spend it the second they get any like they do in real life.
    People here on this site seem to forget for the most part they are the exception not the norm.

There is a limit on how many tokens can be purchased for now.

To start we’ll be limiting the number of Token purchases to 10 within a 30-day period, but this limit may be adjusted over time.

I won't be buying these with gold or cash. Ive no need to make more gold, but also think 30k is too high for me, personally. I buy at 6 months parts so my wow sub is only $12 a month. $12 or 30k? I'll take the 30k.

Quote Originally Posted by Trapped View Post
    Tokens aren't actually sold via the standard auction process. Its more of an exchange. You buy a token, sell it on the token tab on the AH, and you immediately get the current value for it. People don't actually get to "bid" on them.
    I know but its still a 1 for 1 trade. You cant buy the gametime if someone didn't buy the token first, So any that are going to be put up during the first few days are going to be bought almost immediately.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

The price is going to go WAY up. There are a lot of people who can pay 30k gold to play for free, and there are a lot of people who wouldn't sell tokens for 30k. Tiny supply and massive demand will double the price easily, imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    30k is reasonable.