Page 83 of 91 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    When do they intend to release it in Europe? How come they can't release it world wide at the same time? Always with the US favoritism.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ballrug View Post
    Do you have a point to make?

I've been clearing about 16k per day the past couple of weeks, but, about 1 hr/day of AH and a TSM setup is required.
    1 hour of work nets you more gold so i fail to see how this is good if you have to spend 1 hour on the auction house. I just can´t see a single reason why this is better than spending 1 hours worth of money on gold or the sub

Quote Originally Posted by Sakuretsu View Post
    When do they intend to release it in Europe? How come they can't release it world wide at the same time? Always with the US favoritism.
    Yeah, the US launch was pretty good, no idea why it hasn't launched in EU yet. Would love to buy a couple of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakuretsu View Post
    I'm sure this has everything to do with favoritism and absolutely NOTHING to do with logistics, laws, testing, or anything else of that sort. Absolutely sure of it...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Octa View Post
    I'm sure this has everything to do with favoritism and absolutely NOTHING to do with logistics
    Yes shipping all those tokens across the Atlantic ocean is a huge operation, no doubt.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bajskorv View Post
    Yes shipping all those tokens across the Atlantic ocean is a huge operation, no doubt.
    LMAO, exactly

Quote Originally Posted by Octa View Post
    I'm sure this has everything to do with favoritism and absolutely NOTHING to do with logistics, laws, testing, or anything else of that sort. Absolutely sure of it...
    My guess is this is the primary stumbling block. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if it turned out that WoW Tokens were never rolled out in the EU due to legal restrictions that probably only make sense to a lawyer.

On my realm it has been averaging 19k-22k. It's highest was barely 24k. It's a nice feature for people who want to purchase gold in game without being banned, and for those who are gold capped and might want to unsub for 2 or 3 years and keep playing. Personally, I have no interest in this feature as I have more gold than truly needed, and $15 a month is very inexpensive for 30 days worth of online entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by Darmalus View Post
    My guess is this is the primary stumbling block. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if it turned out that WoW Tokens were never rolled out in the EU due to legal restrictions that probably only make sense to a lawyer.
    they will think of something to stall EU token launch,i'm sure of it

Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    They no doubt love them. They can now farm gold without any real world expense.
    How do you redeem a token without buying WoW with real world money?

Quote Originally Posted by Pac-Man View Post
    On my realm it has been averaging 19k-22k.
    It's not your realm, it's whole US together.

10+ Year Old Account
    How do you redeem a token without buying WoW with real world money?
    I think he means they can farm gold in game, and not pay a sub fee at the same time.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    I think he means they can farm gold in game, and not pay a sub fee at the same time.
    Yes but "farming" gold requires automation which gets you banned which means you need new accounts often which aren't free.

Yes but "farming" gold requires automation which gets you banned which means you need new accounts often which aren't free.
    who said farming needed automation?

Deleted
    30k gold right now is basically nothing, I don't think its good that Blizzard is trying to control the starting price.

Quote Originally Posted by kickz View Post
    30k gold right now is basically nothing, I don't think its good that Blizzard is trying to control the starting price.
    How the blizzard IS trying to control it?
    And how does the startng price matter now?
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

Quote Originally Posted by kickz View Post
    The starting price has come and gone, the price is now being determined by supply and demand. It shifts up and down based on how many tokens are bought with dollars and put on the AH compared to the amount bought off the AH with gold

Quote Originally Posted by BigAssBoy View Post
    ...the price is now being determined by supply and demand...
    Yes, that's what they claim. But nobody has any real idea since its a black box mechanism understood only by Blizzard.

The current fluctuations in price are almost mechanical in their nature. Tiny bumb, tiny rise, etc.

It does not feel organic in the slightest, nor does it feel market driven.

Just my tinfoiled 2 cents worth...

Quote Originally Posted by Louisa Bannon View Post
    Yes, that's what they claim. But nobody has any real idea since its a black box mechanism understood only by Blizzard.

The current fluctuations in price are almost mechanical in their nature. Tiny bumb, tiny rise, etc.

It does not feel organic in the slightest, nor does it feel market driven.

Just my tinfoiled 2 cents worth...
    There is one theory that would explain what has happened with the market and would suit Blizzard's purposes. But it is REAL tin hat territory.

Blizzard could be creating some tokens out of thin air, rather than them all being bought by players. This would explain why the price has dropped to the point that it is crazily cheap in gold terms, and would be a means of artificially propping up the Q2 subscription numbers. The problem is it would be a process that costs them real money, because all those tokens that they create are effectively costing them $15.

So while it might make Q2 look better, it would depress the subscription income. And if they did enough of it, someone looking at the Q2 figures would see the difference in the ratio of number of subscriptions to subscription income that would look very odd (especially as you would be expecting the average income per account to go UP). So while the sequence of events makes sense, in a way, I can't imagine them actually doing it.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    Blizzard could be creating some tokens out of thin air, rather than them all being bought by players. This would explain why the price has dropped to the point that it is crazily cheap in gold terms, and would be a means of artificially propping up the Q2 subscription numbers.
    So on one hand they would create tokens in order to increase offer, but on the other hand one of the first measures they took was to significantly raise the purchase limit on tokens in ah and maintain the limit on tokens in shop, which effectively increased... demand. It seems contradictory.